PDA

View Full Version : The Vanity Plan..

only11
06-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Reading from what Mitchell said..."He wants to get the jump on Zenyatta"...
Does Smith keep Zenyatta closer then normal?
Does Smith shadow St.Trinians?
Or does he just let Zenyatta mope along..then kick into gear?

Races like this usually are lost and won by the jock...interesting..

I remember Smith saying after the BC last year"Jerry we havent reached the bottom yet with her"

Tomorrow maybe the day we see the real ZENMASTER'S BOTTOM!!!

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2010, 02:58 PM
Tomorrow maybe the day we see the real ZENMASTER'S BOTTOM!!!Doubtful...she is the queen of synthetics...if she can win the BC Classic on the stuff, how is St. Trinians going to pull off this miracle?

St. T. will have to run her career best to beat Zenyatta...I don't see it happening...did someone say this race has a rabbit? :lol:

Funny looking running lines for a rabbit.... :lol: :lol:

BluegrassProf
06-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Doubtful...she is the queen of synthetics...if she can win the BC Classic on the stuff, how is St. Trinians going to pull off this miracle?

St. T. will have to run her career best to beat Zenyatta...I don't see it happening...did someone say this race has a rabbit? :lol:

Funny looking running lines for a rabbit.... :lol: :lol:Absolutely couldn't agree more.

Drumming up the quality of competition beyond reason and ignoring the obvious - for the Vanity or Fleur de Lis or otherwise - is a cheap tactic; it's not going to make a champion shine any brighter.

With all the knowledge floating around here, it's just no use. This race is coming together nicely for the Big Z, and that's just fabulous....it's also hard to ignore. :ThmbUp:

classhandicapper
06-12-2010, 08:11 PM
I think Zenyatta is more vulnerable tomorrow than she has been at any time in her career other than the two Breeder's Cup races.

1. Neither of her two races this year confirmed her peak form of last year. They were both very soft spots where she ran slow but had plenty in reserve. When horses win like off a new form cycle there is no way to tell whether they retain their best form. If you put a gun to my head, I'd rather bet on her holding her form than losing it, but it's never assured when you start a new form cycle with a horse.

2. As far as I am concerned she's been working in a very sub par manner since her last start. I think there's a pretty good chance she's nowhere near 100% right now and could even be vulnerable to a dud.

3. It's not that unusual for synthetic horses to throw in a dud after a start on dirt. Typically the pattern in a huge effort on dirt and then a dud in the next start on dirt. So this is not identical, but it's still and small extra risk factor.

4. St Trinians looked exceptionally good to me in her first few starts in the US. I think she's the 3rd best mare in the country now. She was pointed specifically for this race by a trainer that is ON FIRE. Zenyatta's primary goal remains the Breeder's Cup. So there's no way she's wound up 100% even if she's doing better than I suspect.

5. 9 pounds is a lot of weight to give to another legitimate Grade 1 filly. IMHO St T is definitely a legitimate Grade 1 filly (if not elite Grade 1 filly).

6. There's not enough pace in this race to assure that St. Trinians is not going to get a huge jump on Zenyatta in a slow paced race and finish well enough to make it physically impossible to catch her. St T finished exceptionally well and fast in her winning race against Life is Sweet.

I doubt I'll have the balls to pull the trigger and bet on St Trinians tomorrow, but I think Zenyatta is likely to be a big underlay tomorrow. I only make her a mild/moderate favorite over St T even though I'll be rooting for her like crazy.

letswastemoney
06-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Zenyatta will always be a huge underlay for the rest of her career. No horse pulls in more casual money than her.

Zenyatta To Crush
06-12-2010, 08:50 PM
One major concern in my mind is that Zenyatta has not run her best in the previous 2 runnings of the Vanity. Sure she still won, but weren't those 2 races the slowest she's closed in any of her races? I'm not counting her Apple Blossom because she was being eased around the far turn. It appears that she's closed faster in other races without being asked as much.

Maybe its the extra weight she carries, the weather at Hollywood this time of year or the track itself, but those are two races where she was spinning her wheels a bit mid-stretch and it looked like she could possibly lose. She obviously overcame it against those kind of horses, but if it happens again against St. Trinians, she could very well lose.

Getting away from my negativity....I think she wins easily again and I'm concerned for no reason. I just have to prepare myself for a possible sub par race...she can't run in top form forever...or can she?

Stillriledup
06-12-2010, 08:55 PM
I think Zenyatta is more vulnerable tomorrow than she has been at any time in her career other than the two Breeder's Cup races.

1. Neither of her two races this year confirmed her peak form of last year. They were both very soft spots where she ran slow but had plenty in reserve. When horses win like off a new form cycle there is no way to tell whether they retain their best form. If you put a gun to my head, I'd rather bet on her holding her form than losing it, but it's never assured when you start a new form cycle with a horse.

2. As far as I am concerned she's been working in a very sub par manner since her last start. I think there's a pretty good chance she's nowhere near 100% right now and could even be vulnerable to a dud.

3. It's not that unusual for synthetic horses to throw in a dud after a start on dirt. Typically the pattern in a huge effort on dirt and then a dud in the next start on dirt. So this is not identical, but it's still and small extra risk factor.

4. St Trinians looked exceptionally good to me in her first few starts in the US. I think she's the 3rd best mare in the country now. She was pointed specifically for this race by a trainer that is ON FIRE. Zenyatta's primary goal remains the Breeder's Cup. So there's no way she's wound up 100% even if she's doing better than I suspect.

5. 9 pounds is a lot of weight to give to another legitimate Grade 1 filly. IMHO St T is definitely a legitimate Grade 1 filly (if not elite Grade 1 filly).

6. There's not enough pace in this race to assure that St. Trinians is not going to get a huge jump on Zenyatta in a slow paced race and finish well enough to make it physically impossible to catch her. St T finished exceptionally well and fast in her winning race against Life is Sweet.

I doubt I'll have the balls to pull the trigger and bet on St Trinians tomorrow, but I think Zenyatta is likely to be a big underlay tomorrow. I only make her a mild/moderate favorite over St T even though I'll be rooting for her like crazy.

This is a great post. I'm going to be betting large against Z in the pick 4's. The key is that you have to bet knowing you're probably going to lose, but there's SO much value if you beat her, its worth the risk. One of these days Z is going to lose 'just because'. No horse wins forever.

classhandicapper
06-12-2010, 08:56 PM
One major concern in my mind is that Zenyatta has not run her best in the previous 2 runnings of the Vanity. Sure she still won, but weren't those 2 races the slowest she's closed in any of her races? I'm not counting her Apple Blossom because she was being eased around the far turn. It appears that she's closed faster in other races without being asked as much.

Maybe its the extra weight she carries, the weather at Hollywood this time of year or the track itself, but those are two races where she was spinning her wheels a bit mid-stretch and it looked like she could possibly lose. She obviously overcame it against those kind of horses, but if it happens again against St. Trinians, she could very well lose.

Getting away from my negativity....I think she wins easily again and I'm concerned for no reason. I just have to prepare myself for a possible sub par race...she can't run in top form forever...or can she?

I think her 2008 Vanity performance was on the weak side (one of her worst performances), but it was so long ago I may be forgetting the trip.

I thought she ran well in last year's race.

The real issue is that IMO St Trinians is massively underrated by those that are only looking at her speed figures. So IMO Z's going to have to be really sharp to spot her 9 pounds and first move in a slow paced race assuming St T is as sharp as she was at the beginning of the year.

Stillriledup
06-12-2010, 08:57 PM
Doubtful...she is the queen of synthetics...if she can win the BC Classic on the stuff, how is St. Trinians going to pull off this miracle?

Funny looking running lines for a rabbit.... :lol: :lol:

the Key is this. THey say, hollywood is more like dirt than any track in So cal and probably any synthetic track out there today. The pace is going to be really slow, S T is a very good horse, Z is going to have to be spectacular (again) to run her down from behind.

classhandicapper
06-12-2010, 09:00 PM
the Key is this. THey say, hollywood is more like dirt than any track in So cal and probably any synthetic track out there today. The pace is going to be really slow, S T is a very good horse, Z is going to have to be spectacular (again) to run her down from behind.

:ThmbUp: Yep.

cpitt84
06-12-2010, 09:02 PM
zenyatta has won so often and every time that its tough to imagine her losing. If she did lose, it would be against st. trinians.

But, I don't see that happening. It would take a Secretariat to beat Zenyatta.

Stillriledup
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
zenyatta has won so often and every time that its tough to imagine her losing. If she did lose, it would be against st. trinians.

But, I don't see that happening. It would take a Secretariat to beat Zenyatta.

Or, if Z just doesnt bring her A game. No one thought that Dare and Go could beat Cigar, but it happened.

cpitt84
06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Or, if Z just doesnt bring her A game. No one thought that Dare and Go could beat Cigar, but it happened.

ever since she pulled it off in the breeders cup, i just cannot doubt her. i know her winning shouldnt be a given but she just seems likes shes destined to be undefeated.

Stillriledup
06-12-2010, 09:31 PM
ever since she pulled it off in the breeders cup, i just cannot doubt her. i know her winning shouldnt be a given but she just seems likes shes destined to be undefeated.

No doubt, she's an undoubtable horse. But, we're talking about betting and not horse racing. As a BET, she's probably worth a shot to beat. As a HORSE, she's unbeatable.

cpitt84
06-12-2010, 09:32 PM
No doubt, she's an undoubtable horse. But, we're talking about betting and not horse racing. As a BET, she's probably worth a shot to beat. As a HORSE, she's unbeatable.

if any race to bet, this is the race. Not so many cupcakes in this race :)

Dahoss9698
06-12-2010, 09:34 PM
It would take a Secretariat to beat Zenyatta.

Really?

cpitt84
06-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Really?

I think so, yes. Her owners constantly say shes a gift from heaven. I definitely am seeing that.

ronsmac
06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
Classhandicapper, if you believe Zenyatta is going to be a HUGE underlay tomorrow, then you'd be a fool not to bet against her.

Dahoss9698
06-12-2010, 10:30 PM
I think so, yes. Her owners constantly say shes a gift from heaven. I definitely am seeing that.

This is the kind of talk that makes it difficult to be a fan of hers.

WinterTriangle
06-12-2010, 10:39 PM
she can't run in top form forever...or can she?

This is something that her detractors refuse to give her credit for.

I'm quite sure she wasn't 100% in every race she ran.

Horses lose condition over time, like Bullsbay and Macho Again have, running out of the money consistently this year 4 and 5 times in a row (I assume its over time and that they were actually at 100% last year in the Woodward when they were world-beaters). Even Rachel lost her first 2 races this year.

But that hasn't happened to Zenyatta. I don't care who you run against and in what races. Winning 16 in a row is something even the among the trainers who are more conservative than Sheriffs, and even the most risk-taking trainers, have failed to accomplish.

Dahoss9698
06-12-2010, 10:50 PM
This is something that her detractors refuse to give her credit for.

I'm quite sure she wasn't 100% in every race she ran.

Actually, usually the first thing her detractors compliment is her consistency. No one ever seems to read that though. It's more dramatic to pretend it doesn't happen.

Congrats in recognizing that she wasn't 100% in every race she ran. Most horses aren't.

thaskalos
06-12-2010, 10:52 PM
This is the kind of talk that makes it difficult to be a fan of hers. Dahoss...I don't think cpitt84 is a "real" Zenyatta fan. I think he is a "ringer" and his job is to keep us fighting about the same things all the time.

Dahoss9698
06-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Dahoss...I don't think cpitt84 is a "real" Zenyatta fan. I think he is a "ringer" and his job is to keep us fighting about the same things all the time.

It's working.

cpitt84
06-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Dahoss...I don't think cpitt84 is a "real" Zenyatta fan. I think he is a "ringer" and his job is to keep us fighting about the same things all the time.

I am a fan. I am new to horse racing and I admit I don't know as much as you guys. But, I love to see Rachel and Zenyatta race since horse racing is mostly dominated by males. I am in the East so Rachel is my number one but I love seeing Zen race and win.

Stillriledup
06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
if any race to bet, this is the race. Not so many cupcakes in this race :)

Exactly. The only way to make money in the long run betting is to go against popular opinion.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2010, 03:46 AM
Dahoss...I don't think cpitt84 is a "real" Zenyatta fan. I think he is a "ringer" and his job is to keep us fighting about the same things all the time.And here I was thinking you might be the "ringer." You calling someone else a "ringer" might actually fit in with my theory after all... :lol:

thaskalos
06-13-2010, 05:43 AM
And here I was thinking you might be the "ringer." You calling someone else a "ringer" might actually fit in with my theory after all... :lol: You have never seen me use the words Secretariat and Zenyatta in the same sentence. The most you have ever seen me say is that Zenyatta is the best mare in recent memory...something which, as I have stated before, would be obvious even to the merest tyro!

Of course...I am glad to see Rachel finally winning a race...you haven't had much to brag about in a while...:lol:

Kimsus
06-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Reading from what Mitchell said..."He wants to get the jump on Zenyatta"...
Does Smith keep Zenyatta closer then normal?
Does Smith shadow St.Trinians?
Or does he just let Zenyatta mope along..then kick into gear?

Races like this usually are lost and won by the jock...interesting..

I remember Smith saying after the BC last year"Jerry we havent reached the bottom yet with her"

Tomorrow maybe the day we see the real ZENMASTER'S BOTTOM!!!

Mitchell has the right idea here, his best chance is for St. Trinians to get the jump on Zenyatta open up a lead and hope to hold her off, she does have a good turn of foot, the question is can she substain her run and still be strong inside the furlong marker. I expect Zenyatta to win today but Mike will have to be viligent that St. Trinians doesn't get away from her. No one's saying it but I wouldn't be surprised if Zardana lasts alot longer than is expected, the way HW has been playing of late, if she sets a slow pace she will have the trip of the race. Regardless if one believes she is better on dirt/turf/cushion she is a gr.2 winner on synth for those interested in exotic plays.

BetCrazyGirl
06-13-2010, 11:52 AM
Zenyatta is one of the greats and will be known as one of the greats no matter how much her haters try to downgrade her accomplishments.

tzipi
06-13-2010, 12:09 PM

A lot of people got nervous beforehand about that race. Cigar went to go chase Siphon so he wouldn't get away with a free ride on the front end. They went too fast. If there was another speed horse and Cigar was allowed to sit back, no way does Dare and Go beat Cigar home. There was talk before the race about Siphon being the only speed and that maybe Mott should've entered a rabbit.

They knew exactly what they were doing with the UNCOUPLED entry of Siphon and Dare and Go. If they let Siphon run loose because he was the only speed, they probably win. But if Cigar chases us, we just blow through fractions and set it up easy for our closer, who by the way was a huge price because they were uncoupled. Cigar was just in a bad race and set up there.

classhandicapper
06-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Classhandicapper, if you believe Zenyatta is going to be a HUGE underlay tomorrow, then you'd be a fool not to bet against her.

I agree, but even after close to 35 years of playing this game I still occasionally do foolish things. Even though I think she's vulnerable today, I'm probably not going to pull the trigger because as a fan I'd prefer to celebrate another victory.

46zilzal
06-13-2010, 12:36 PM
St Trians is the only one that can come close all running after the 6 for awhile.

chickenhead
06-13-2010, 01:10 PM
Drumming up the quality of competition beyond reason and ignoring the obvious - for the Vanity or Fleur de Lis or otherwise - is a cheap tactic; it's not going to make a champion shine any brighter.

fans of hers have to thread the eye of the needle I guess. Better horses get beat all the time due to bad rides, bad pace scenarios, being off form, whatever. And this will eventually include Zenyatta, great fields or cupcakes. Horses lose. But if someone like class or whomever sees something and thinks, aha, she may be vulnerable today, a perfectly normal thought for any handicapper to have, some ridicule pops up. It seems the ridicule is the out of the ordinary part, not trying to get a favorite beat.

The only reason I can come up with, is so that all we're left with are people who say things like this:

Originally Posted by cpitt84

Which fits the narrative a little better of what Zenyatta fans are like, I guess. You can't both be a fan, and think she can be beat by anyone short of Secretariat.

So if you dislike Zenyatta -- you have to pretend she will of course win every race in Cali, because its on synthetics and she has magical shoes. Better horses get beat routinely on dirt and turf, this never happens on synthetics, tho, I guess.. And, if you like Zenyatta -- you have to really believe she will of course win every race. To confirm some low level of retardation.

Kind of narrows the dialogue down quite a bit, to the least interesting bits.

That she hasn't been beat by an inferior horse is pretty amazing, she certainly has had bad pace scenarios, and bad rides, and many close finishes, and has likely been off form to some degree. She's plenty due for it, all handicapping aside. It just tends to happen, to all horses. She will leave herself too much to do at some point, even against lesser horses. It's why this game isn't easy.

andymays
06-13-2010, 01:20 PM
One of the workout reports I get said:

Excerpt from workout comment on Zenyatta.

Had ears pricked but was making a loud noise for the
second time in a row. We have seen her entire career and she has never
made a peep. I did see her train like this last time she came back from
Oaklawn in 2008. She nearly got beat by Tough Tiz's Sis. The evident noise
bothers me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like St. Trinians to upset but what if the "rabbit" doesn't stop?

thaskalos
06-13-2010, 01:32 PM

bothers me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like St. Trinians to upset but what if the "rabbit" doesn't stop? It's hard to believe that they would run her if there are indications that she is not 100%.

andymays
06-13-2010, 01:37 PM
It's hard to believe that they would run her if there are indications that she is not 100%.

That's what one of the workout comments say and there is more than one negative comment. Take it for what it's worth.

I'll put up the comments in their entirety after the race if you'd like. If I don't rembember to do it go ahead and PM me to remind me.

classhandicapper
06-13-2010, 01:48 PM
That's what one of the workout comments say and there is more than one negative comment. Take it for what it's worth.

I'll put up the comments in their entirety after the race if you'd like. If I don't rembember to do it go ahead and PM me to remind me.

Thanks.

I didn't even see those comments.

Without starting a debate about the accuracy of workouts and the ability to use them to predict changes in form (something I think has value), I don't think she's working like a horse that is ready to recover her best form (Rachel was on the other hand). If anything she is working like a horse that is finally ready to start heading south. This kind of thing is not fool proof, but I still don't like it when you are talking about a horse that is likely to be an overwhelming favorite facing a tough competitor and difficult pace scenario.

thaskalos
06-13-2010, 01:53 PM

I'll put up the comments in their entirety after the race if you'd like. If I don't rembember to do it go ahead and PM me to remind me. No need...I believe you. But if the horse is not right, and they still run her...they should be shot!

classhandicapper
06-13-2010, 02:03 PM
No need...I believe you. But if the horse is not right, and they still run her...they should be shot!

I'm sure they believe she's perfectly sound. It's just that 3rd off the freshening she got after the Classic you might expect her to be acting like a horses that's recovering her best form. But her recent workouts have been less impressive than when she was going very well in the past. So it raises a ? when you are talking about a 1-5 shot.

Perhaps this is all overblown. We'll find out in a few hours.

andymays
06-13-2010, 02:05 PM
No need...I believe you. But if the horse is not right, and they still run her...they should be shot!

Those works didn't take place yesterday so although she might not be 100% maybe they think 95% is good enough.

On the flip side John Shirreffs was interviewed on the Roger Stein show this morning and said she was fine. He said the works have been slower than normal because the workmates have been setting slow paces in them.

I think she's vulnerable but well know after the race.

gm10
06-13-2010, 04:57 PM

bothers me.

Andy for once we agree. My main worry would be Zardana getting it easy on the lead. It's not like the jockey will stop his horse in the stretch so Zenyatta can roll by.

tampahorseplayer
06-13-2010, 05:00 PM
Im not too sure about that. I really dont like there being a rabbit by the same trainer in a race of this magnitude, its almost a form of collusion. Those who think that the rabbit is going for the win and not to set the race up is kidding themselves.

Kimsus
06-13-2010, 05:04 PM

bothers me.

There is nothing wrong with her otherwise should wouldn't be running, If I believed these type of comments on a regular basis I would have lost many a bet in my time. If Smith gives her a good ride and doesn't fall asleep she will win, it's as simple as that.

Cratos
06-13-2010, 06:44 PM
One of the biggest angles in handicapping is surface change and Zenyatta is coming from dirt back to the synthetics. Yes, she has dominated her opposition on synthetics, but coming back right after a dirt race might just reduce some of her potency on synthetics.

However her two main rivals St. Trinians and Zardana don’t appear to be 1 1/8 horses. Since coming to America, St. Trinians have only gone beyond today’s race distance once and that was when she tried the 1 ¼ mile distance and was clobbered. Zardana have never been beyond the 1 1/8 mile threshold in her life.

Does the fact that her main competition appear to be “short” give Zenyatta an edge? I think so, but with Zenyatta returning from the dirt back to the synthetics it might be a level playing field which is ripe for an upset.

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Zenyatta is one of the greats and will be known as one of the greats no matter how much her haters try to downgrade her accomplishments.Haters? We prefer the term "objective evaluators."

Who could hate Zenyatta? I certainly don't. In fact, I wish she would run here in NY so that I could see her in person.

I want Zenyatta to win every single race she's entered (unless Rachel is also in the same race...then I must root for Rachel and against Zenyatta).

I hope she wins in about 30 minutes...I will bet all of her vocal critics on this board ALSO hope she wins (unless of course they have wagered against her...in which case you can't blame them for wanting her to lose).

cpitt84
06-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Haters? We prefer the term "objective evaluators."

Who could hate Zenyatta? I certainly don't. In fact, I wish she would run here in NY so that I could see her in person.

I want Zenyatta to win every single race she's entered (unless Rachel is also in the same race...then I must root for Rachel and against Zenyatta).

I hope she wins in about 30 minutes...I will bet all of her vocal critics on this board ALSO hope she wins (unless of course they have wagered against her...in which case you can't blame them for wanting her to lose).

i dont know if i could root against zenyatta if she races rachel. I'd rather see zenyatta have a perfect record and win 3 breeders cups and horse of the year...rachel has already botched this year.

my_nameaintearl
06-13-2010, 07:10 PM
without a betting or ownership interest i dont see why anyone wants her to lose here

BluegrassProf
06-13-2010, 07:10 PM
...rachel has already botched this year.This right here...this is why I think you're FANTASTIC. :D :ThmbUp:

Everything fits quite well, despite the "butbutbut!"s....Zardana the speed ala Johnny S., St.T the chaser, Big Z the closer pounding proride. I expect a win in standard fashion, as mentioned earlier.

Goooo team!

andymays
06-13-2010, 07:42 PM
Here's the Zenyatta workout comments I have. I'm posting them as they're approaching the gate.

They are from Bruno De Julio of www.racingwithbruno.com or you can also find them at www.todaysracingdigest.com

8th RACE

Zenyatta 06/07 HOL/FT 6F 115.0b
Mare has not been her usual self. She went off very, very slow with the
Green Cat, and Breakmark. The two double teamed her to get her to
actually put out in the work. She went well late and finished strongly. Slow
time. She hasn't been the same since going to Oaklawn. Funny, this
happened two years ago, too.

05/31 HOL/FT 6F 115.0b

Worked with El Vino and started like three behind from the 5 and ½ in 37.3,
49.3, and 114.1. Had ears pricked but was making a loud noise for the
bothers me.

05/24 HOL/FT 6F 113.0h

Worked with El Vino. She came out as royal as ever, but this is the second
appearance that she has been rather quiet and looking a bit on the lighter
side behind. She has never traveled smoothly behind, but she seems to be
a bit worse for wear right now. She worked some two lengths behind, made
her move against a hapless workmate and finished in 47.3, 59.2 and 112.2.
Went out in 125.3. A mile in 140.4, but was making a very noticeable noise
in the last sixteenth. I haven't heard her make this noise before.
Sentimentally, I love to see her win, but professionally she seems less than
a 100%. I am sure East Coast detractors are doing back flips if they read
this....

05/17 HOL/FT 6F 113.0b

Worked with a real good workmate Aitcho. The workmate, a stakes runner
himself, took off from the mare at the 3/8ths pole and made her work hard.
She went in 36.4, 100.4 and 112.4. Finished out in 125.2 and 141 flat. She
didn't gallop out with much fervor. Aitcho actually came back and out
galloped her out. A little disappointed here.

DeanT
06-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Interesting. She was 1.30 at Betfair so I was wondering where all the players were who were reading about the works..... but then they came. She is currently over 3-5 there, which for her is a big number.

andymays
06-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Interesting. She was 1.30 at Betfair so I was wondering where all the players were who were reading about the works..... but then they came. She is currently over 3-5 there, which for her is a big number.

She looks Ok on the track to me but I don't think she's dancing as well as normal.

Who knows. It should be a good race.

DeanT
06-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Traded up to 4-5. Someone does not like her.

andymays
06-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I thought she was beat.

Good for Zenyatta. Nice race.

Tom
06-13-2010, 07:48 PM

chickenhead
06-13-2010, 07:50 PM
St. T wasn't so easy to catch, Mike whipped the sh*t out of her to get her moving. Good race!

cpitt84
06-13-2010, 07:51 PM
it thought she was beat too...amazing...just amazing!

only11
St. T wasn't so easy to catch, Mike whipped the sh*t out of her to get her moving. Good race!
She won by 1/2 length and looked beat...

BluegrassProf
As expected right down the lane: Zardana the speed (though later than expected), St.T the chaser, Big Z the closer pounding proride. 17 indeed. ;)

DeanT
06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
She's still blowing in the WC, which is rare for her, that I have seen.

I thought she was beat most of the race. Mike Smith should have went wider :D

PhantomOnTour
Whaaaaaaatever....St. T ran her tits off (i bet on her) but big Z is pure horsie. Mikey got into her and she dug in. He was even able to ease up on her as she drew on even terms, with her monentum carrying her by.

Honestly, I thought Garcia had her with St T for a moment around the 1/16th pole. Talk about building a legend if Garcia had pulled this off.

Zenyatta just knows what's up out there, and I have seen it too many times with her...she runs fast enough to win and that's it. I am a figure guy but am convinced she would run down 'faster' horses. She's got to run again on real dirt and cement her place in history. I give her mega maxi hosannas for all she's done, but soar into racing lore with a big win on dirt, would ya!?

cpitt84
you guys think that it was a ploy for st trinians to pick up the pace when zenyatta likes to close?

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I am a figure guy but am convinced she would run down 'faster' horses.Funny...I'm a bit of a figure guy and this race convinced me more than ever that the opposite is true.

kenwoodall2
06-13-2010, 08:06 PM
I do not bet much, but I bet Z(e) in this one!! I liked her finishing stride. Who knows, maybe on dirt she will not "Blow" as hard!!

keithw84
06-13-2010, 10:07 PM
She's got to run again on real dirt and cement her place in history.

If she runs on dirt against open company, her greatness will be harder to debate. The sad thing is that if she runs on dirt in the BCC (or anywhere else later this year) and loses, we'll be told that it is because she is past her prime/almost 7, but would've won when she was in her prime. It's too bad the connections did not try to see what she was really capable of earlier in her career. I guess breaking Personal Ensign's record & the Cigar/Citation record were more important to them.

What an exciting race, though! It looked like St. Trinians had it and Zenyatta did what she had to do.