PDA

View Full Version : calder 2 yo's

lamboguy
06-12-2010, 09:05 AM
on today's card there are 3 different 2 yo maiden races with full fields. everyday they open there is some sort of 2 yo race as low as maiden $16 claimer.

it is june 12 now and so far this year i have only seen 1 2 yo maiden race in all of new york including finger lakes. philly park has had none, and with all the money that monmouth is giving away they have had only 3 so far. there have been a bunch in deleware, charlestown, and penn national had 1 so far.

calder is the place to be right now if you want to run your babies, their msw purse is $39k if you are a florida bred. the only problem i have had with calder is that most horses take some time to get used to the surface there. i have sent horses there that have worked in 36 in ocala that can't go 38 right away in miami. it takes a good month to for a horse to get aclamated to the surface there. but the races do go there.

tbwinner
06-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Yep Calder seems the place to be. Churchill also has had their usual number, I believe two were on yesterday's (Friday's) evening card there.