PDA

View Full Version : This is what people want to see! Zenyatta could run in New York … maybe

andymays
06-11-2010, 05:56 PM
http://blog.timesunion.com/horseracing/zenyatta-could-run-in-new-york-maybe/4694/

Excerpt:

“They were a little quick in making that decision for us,” trainer John Shirreffs said about running in the Hirsch. “We’re not ruling it out but it’s not the first choice.”

Shirreffs said where Zenyatta goes from Saturday depends on how she comes out of the race. When asked if she might ship east for a race at Belmont or Saratoga, Shirreffs was vague but didn’t rule it out.
“It’s possible,” he said.

If a Saratoga race was targeted, it could be either the Whitney Handicap on Aug. 7, the Personal Ensign on Aug. 29 or the Woodward on Sept. 4. The Woodward and Whitney would both be races against colts and that’s the summer plan for Quality Road, the best male horse in training.

andymays
06-11-2010, 05:58 PM
There should be no hedging.

If she comes out of the race good she should make it to New York and show everyone what she's got once and for all.

People want to see her max out a performance on dirt against the best like Quality Road and whoever else shows up.

tzipi
06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
She should run in NY. It's would just be nice to go out and see her. Not a fan of her connections, but I'm a fan of Zenyatta the horse. Plus the Belmont turns suit her running style big time.

andymays
06-11-2010, 06:03 PM
She should run in NY. It's would just be nice to go out and see her. Not a fan of her connections, but I'm a fan of Zenyatta the horse. Plus the Belmont turns suit her running style big time.

It's great for the game if they take a shot out there. That's what everyone thought they brought her back for this year.

Just Do it!

Hedevar
06-11-2010, 06:15 PM
It will never happen!

FenceBored
06-11-2010, 06:15 PM
First we have this reported:
Wednesday, trainer John Shirreffs said the $300,000 Clement Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar on Aug. 7, a race that Zenyatta won in 2008 and 2009, will be a late summer goal. Races on the East Coast had entered the discussions, but Shirreffs and owners Jerry and Ann Moss intend to leave her in Southern California for now.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/113743.html
Then what Andy posted:

http://blog.timesunion.com/horseracing/zenyatta-could-run-in-new-york-maybe/4694/

Excerpt:

“They were a little quick in making that decision for us,” trainer John Shirreffs said about running in the Hirsch. “We’re not ruling it out but it’s not the first choice.”

This wouldn't have happened under the new Jackson/ Asmussen arrangement. :cool:

andymays
06-11-2010, 06:17 PM
First we have this reported:
Wednesday, trainer John Shirreffs said the $300,000 Clement Hirsch Stakes at Del Mar on Aug. 7, a race that Zenyatta won in 2008 and 2009, will be a late summer goal. Races on the East Coast had entered the discussions, but Shirreffs and owners Jerry and Ann Moss intend to leave her in Southern California for now.
-- http://www.drf.com/news/article/113743.html
Then what Andy posted:

This wouldn't have happened under the new Jackson/ Asmussen arrangement. :cool:

I like John Shirreffs and the connections so I'm glad he corrected the record. Now they have to take the shot if they come out of her next race fine.

SoCalCircuit
06-11-2010, 06:19 PM
This would be awesome, especially nice since Sheriffs outspokenly hates the NYRA detention barns. Gotta respect the connections if they do decide to run, glad to see theyre doing their part to draw some interest in the sport..

andymays
06-11-2010, 06:21 PM
This would be awesome, especially nice since Sheriffs outspokenly hates the NYRA detention barns. Gotta respect the connections if they do decide to run, glad to see theyre doing their part to draw some interest in the sport..

There was some talk of them getting rid of the detention barns.

New York Horsemen Term Detention Barn a Failed Strategy

http://www.horseraceinsider.com/blog.php/On-The-Line/comments/06112010-new-york-horsemen-term-detention-barn-a-failed-strategy/#comments

letswastemoney
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
He's afraid of another "Manistique" type loss. Wasn't she undefeated and 3/5 heading into her Saratoga race? Has Sheriffs ever returned to Saratoga since that loss?

facJdTQ5zEk

Robert Goren
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Let NYRA put up the money to bring her east.

GaryG
06-11-2010, 06:27 PM
That "It's possible" comment appears to be his way of dismissing the question and the interviewer. I do not see this happening in any event.

bisket
06-11-2010, 06:29 PM
i guess this means maybe i'm not gonna get tar and feathered :D

OTM Al
06-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Let NYRA put up the money to bring her east.

Why? She comes or she doesn't come. Its up to her owner. I'd love to see her but it's not going to make me lose any sleep if she doesn't. It's so easy to sit at home and spend other people's money isn't it?

tzipi
06-11-2010, 06:50 PM

I shouldn't say I'm not a fan of the connections. They're very nice people and good at what they do. I meant I just wish they would get a little more aggressive with Zen. I don't think she has to be masked in terms of talent. It's a once in a lifetime chance to get these horses. Let the fans and racing enjoy it. RA went all over last year and ran a campaign horses her age and sex don't usually run. I think Zenyatta should be showcased more. Again, it's not that I'm saying hey bring her around to see if she'll lose because it's going to take a good horse to beat her I think. I just wish racing was what it used to be. I think racing today is short on horse to horse competition. But we'll see with RA,Zen and whoever else. We still have alot of time left this year for good racing. I hope RA gets back on track. Not that her races have been bad because they have not been at all. I just hope she's getting back into peak form again and we get some really, REALLY good matchups down the road.

joanied
06-11-2010, 07:08 PM
i guess this means maybe i'm not gonna get tar and feathered :D

:lol: da bisket strikes again:jump: Hey, maybe you gotta get a new pair of boxers...toss a hint to Mrs. Bisket...Father's Day is coming up!!

Grits
06-11-2010, 07:19 PM
:lol: da bisket strikes again:jump: Hey, maybe you gotta get a new pair of boxers...toss a hint to Mrs. Bisket...Father's Day is coming up!!

I coulda gone the entire rest of my life without learnin' 'bout "da bisket's" magic undies!!!!!

LOLOLOL:lol:

:faint: Man, could I have! I mean this was just too much info.:faint: