PDA

View Full Version : What's Next, How about 12 yr old Suicide Bomber

JustRalph
06-11-2010, 03:16 PM
what can you say............

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-afghan-wedding-20100611,0,5767263.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+latimes/news/nationworld/world

Young Afghan suicide bomber approached wedding guests
'Everyone immediately tried to escape,' one guest said. But the boy's suicide vest detonated, killing more than 40 and wounding at least 80, said a police chief who witnessed the attack.

Reporting from Kabul, Afghanistan — The boy, dressed in white and thought to be no older than 13, appeared amid the din of a wedding party in a small southern Afghan village and walked up to within 15 feet of a cluster of tables where everyone was eating. As he prepared to detonate his suicide bomb vest, the gathering flew into a panic.

"Everyone immediately tried to escape," said Abdullah Jan, a guest at the wedding. But there was no time.

The boy's suicide vest packed with explosives detonated, killing more than 40 people and wounding at least 80, said Zemarai Khan, a local police chief who was at the wedding and witnessed the attack.

more at the link

boxcar
06-11-2010, 04:09 PM
what can you say............

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-afghan-wedding-20100611,0,5767263.story?track=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+latimes/news/nationworld/world

Young Afghan suicide bomber approached wedding guests
'Everyone immediately tried to escape,' one guest said. But the boy's suicide vest detonated, killing more than 40 and wounding at least 80, said a police chief who witnessed the attack.

Reporting from Kabul, Afghanistan — The boy, dressed in white and thought to be no older than 13, appeared amid the din of a wedding party in a small southern Afghan village and walked up to within 15 feet of a cluster of tables where everyone was eating. As he prepared to detonate his suicide bomb vest, the gathering flew into a panic.

"Everyone immediately tried to escape," said Abdullah Jan, a guest at the wedding. But there was no time.

The boy's suicide vest packed with explosives detonated, killing more than 40 people and wounding at least 80, said Zemarai Khan, a local police chief who was at the wedding and witnessed the attack.

more at the link

The religion of piece(s) living up to its name again. I tell you a truth: The throat of hell will have be enlarged to receive all these murdering maniacs.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
06-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Vietnam all over again.

JustRalph
06-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Vietnam all over again.

How in the Sam Hell is that comment Germane to the thread?

The thread is not about the Afghan war.........which, btw....... I am against.

GaryG
06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Vietnam all over again.Did the Vietnamese use children as suicide bombers?

HUSKER55
06-11-2010, 08:20 PM
YES THEY DID.

JustRalph
06-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, I did not know that. Goren...... I apologize......I guess that makes it Germane...... .. :ThmbUp:

bigmack
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Was this one of those kids that dance up in the hills for the isolated, not mentally stable fellas?

Wow. There's a bunch I'd like to avoid.

Modern world to Afghanistan - Could you at least bring yourselves up to 1820AD? :rolleyes:

Rookies
06-11-2010, 11:55 PM
The history of Afghanistan dwarfs North American civilization by 2000 years. The difference is that there is no substantial desire among the Afgan peoples to advance their civilization beyond its original incarnation.

The people enjoy beholding to tribal chiefs and warloads and have zero interest in democracy beyond fleecing the latest western nation(s) attempt to impose it.

Plus, those little kids have clearly been brainwashed into a constant search for oblivion under Allah. There is simply zero upside.

As I mentioned a year ago, those western troops need to come home asap. Let them live as nomads as they have since 330 B.C.

highnote
06-12-2010, 01:53 AM
As I mentioned a year ago, those western troops need to come home asap. Let them live as nomads as they have since 330 B.C.

The problem is, if western troops come home then the Taliban will let Al Qaida resume training in the country.

There is a lot of good being done in the country. Not all Afghans want war. Schools are being built. Entreprenuers are being trained. It may take a generation of education before we see a difference. Walking away would just create a big vacuum that would suck in all the worst elements.

We decided to go into Iraq and Afghanistan now we need to finish the job -- of course, no one knows how long it will take -- 5 years? 10 years? 50 years?

Like it or not, unstable nations who pose a threat to the U.S. or have nuclear ambitions must be dealt with.

A stable government that can handle their own security is necessary before the U.S. walks away.

HUSKER55
06-12-2010, 11:06 AM
I think you are correct but we need to get control now. I don't see that happening.

Tom
06-12-2010, 11:24 AM
The problem is, if western troops come home then the Taliban will let Al Qaida resume training in the country.

They are already doing that in Pakistan. We are wasting our time there.

GaryG
06-12-2010, 11:28 AM
If not Pakistan then Yemen, Iran or someplace else. We need to bring our troops home and secure our borders.

highnote
06-12-2010, 11:31 AM
They are already doing that in Pakistan. We are wasting our time there.

But at least Pakistan has better security and a more stable government than Afghanistan. It's unlikely that the Pakistan military is going to lose control over their nuclear arsenal to the Taliban or Al Qaida. It's possible, but not likely. Plus, India, Russia and China, whose countries border or are near Pakistan, are not about to let nukes fall into Taliban or Al Qaida hands.

highnote
06-12-2010, 11:39 AM
If not Pakistan then Yemen, Iran or someplace else. We need to bring our troops home and secure our borders.

You could build a great wall around the U.S. and it still wouldn't stop a suicide bomber. You have to treat the root causes of the disease -- poverty, unemployment, lack of education, unstable government.

For example, the wealthier other nations become the better it is for the U.S. because they become trading partners. When you are making money in your business you don't blow up your customers. Do you think Germany is going to start a war with the U.S. anytime soon? Where the hell would they sell all their Audis, Porsches, VWs, BMWs and Mercedes Benzs?

Which brings up another question -- why are the German manufacturers so successful at selling cars and the U.S. manufacturers are not? Do they have auto unions in Germany?

Robert Goren
06-12-2010, 11:45 AM
You could build a great wall around the U.S. and it still wouldn't stop a suicide bomber. You have to treat the root causes of the disease -- poverty, unemployment, lack of education, unstable government.

For example, the wealthier other nations become the better it is for the U.S. because they become trading partners. When you are making money in your business you don't blow up your customers. Do you think Germany is going to start a war with the U.S. anytime soon? Where the hell would they sell all their Audis, Porsches, VWs, BMWs and Mercedes Benzs?

Which brings up another question -- why are the German manufacturers so successful at selling cars and the U.S. manufacturers are not? Do they have auto unions in Germany?yes and they are a lot stronger than the UAW.

rastajenk
06-12-2010, 11:52 AM
I agree with Sweaty John. As hard as it is to determine or define progress, we have to stay there to keep the pressure on. It will be costlier in the long run if we pull out, let shit get out of control, and have to face the music again later.

Tom
06-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Obama has stated he doesn't want victory in Afghanistan.
That is the end of the story. Get out immediately.

boxcar
06-12-2010, 01:05 PM

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! You are way off base if you're including Islamic countries in your statement. The root cause of Islamic terrorism is ISLAM! Period! You need to get a much better understanding of their religion and the ultimate goal to jihad.

Boxcar
P.S. Every true, red-blooded patriot should get your hands on Andrew McCarthy's The Grand Jihad -- How Islam and the Left Sabotage America. It's a must read if you really want to understand what is going on in this country now and how it's slowly but surely being Islamitized. McCarthy makes a very compelling case!

Robert Goren
06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
I wish that all terrorist were is Islamic Terrorist. That would cut the number way down. Many are lone wolf goofs with sort of gripe against the system. They come from the left and right and everywhere in between. I believe the last terrorist to kill anyone was the guy who flew his plane into a building in Texas. I can not recall a later one that killed anyone, but I could be wrong.

JustRalph
06-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I wish that all terrorist were is Islamic Terrorist. That would cut the number way down. Many are lone wolf goofs with sort of gripe against the system. They come from the left and right and everywhere in between. I believe the last terrorist to kill anyone was the guy who flew his plane into a building in Texas. I can not recall a later one that killed anyone, but I could be wrong.

The guy who flew his plane into the Tax office was not a terrorist. he was an idiot, but not a terrorist. He was just pissed at the IRS. A terrorist is trying to sway public opine in ref to a political issue by using force.

The guy in the Tax office was just pissed at the IRS. Not a Terrorist.

The last terrorist was the guy at Ft Hood who shot up the place.

bigmack
06-12-2010, 01:43 PM
I could be wrong.
We'll let you know when you get close to bumping into being right.

Afghanistan is quagmire. Boost production of drones & get out tout suite.

Robert Goren
06-12-2010, 01:58 PM
The guy who flew his plane into the Tax office was not a terrorist. he was an idiot, but not a terrorist. He was just pissed at the IRS. A terrorist is trying to sway public opine in ref to a political issue by using force.

The guy in the Tax office was just pissed at the IRS. Not a Terrorist.

The last terrorist was the guy at Ft Hood who shot up the place. I think the people who were the building would disagree with you. If being an idoit gets you out from under the terrorist label, then there are no terrorist. They are all idiots. The Texas idiot was trying to influnence opinion. He even had a rambling web site which had few visitors before the crash and a bunch after. I wonder how many posters here took a look at it. I know I did. Someone even posted a link to it. I doubt if anyone bought his ideas though.

Robert Goren
06-12-2010, 02:03 PM
We'll let you know when you get close to bumping into being right.

Afghanistan is quagmire. Boost production of drones & get out tout suite. I am right about him being a terrorist, I am just not sure he was the last one to kill anyone. Perhaps you could enlighten me with a later one.

boxcar
06-12-2010, 02:17 PM
I am right about him being a terrorist, I am just not sure he was the last one to kill anyone. Perhaps you could enlighten me with a later one.

Only in a very loose sense of the term.

Boxcar

Maverick58034
06-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Not sure if this clears anything up, but here's how Congress defined "international terrorism" and "domestic terrorism," at least for purposes of the United States Code:

18 U.S.C. s 2331:

As used in this chapter—

(1) the term “international terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;

(B) appear to be intended—
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;

(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

(C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States, or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum;

. . .

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and

(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

I do believe the Texas man who flew his airplane into the federal building would indeed be a "domestic terrorist," as he:

(A) certainly committed a dangerous act in violation of federal law (flying his airplane into a building, causing death),

(B) his actions were directed at the U.S. government (IRS) insofar as he was angry with the U.S. government's actions and presumably sought to affect the conduct of the government via his actions (e.g. retaliation), and

(C) his actions occurred in the U.S. (Texas).

JustRalph
06-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Terrorist's have grand political ideologies that transit borders.

Domestic Terrorist......maybe he fits the bill. But he wasn't trying to overthrow the Government. He was just pissed about paying taxes.

Btw, he is an idiot because he thought an overloaded (extra fuel) Piper Cherokee would cause mass destruction. He watched too many Hollywood movies.

Basic physics is lost on guys like him.

We can split hairs on terrorists all day long........but one thing I don't do is take Congress as the last say on anything..........give me a break?

boxcar
06-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Not sure if this clears anything up, but here's how Congress defined "international terrorism" and "domestic terrorism," at least for purposes of the United States Code:

18 U.S.C. s 2331:

As used in this chapter—

(1) the term “international terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State, or that would be a criminal violation if committed within the jurisdiction of the United States or of any State;

(C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States, or transcend national boundaries in terms of the means by which they are accomplished, the persons they appear intended to intimidate or coerce, or the locale in which their perpetrators operate or seek asylum;

. . .

(5) the term “domestic terrorism” means activities that—
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;

(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States

I do believe the Texas man who flew his airplane into the federal building would indeed be a "domestic terrorist," as he:

(A) certainly committed a dangerous act in violation of federal law (flying his airplane into a building, causing death),

(B) his actions were directed at the U.S. government (IRS) insofar as he was angry with the U.S. government's actions and presumably sought to affect the conduct of the government via his actions (e.g. retaliation), and

(C) his actions occurred in the U.S. (Texas).

"B" is what we DON'T know about this guy. This involves motive. Has motive been proven? Or was the crime done out of sheer anger or frustration at the U.S. government for one reason or another?

With Muslims, their terrorist acts are primarily done to intimidate and coerce -- their "jihad" is religious in nature at its very core.

Boxcar

Maverick58034
06-12-2010, 07:25 PM
I think we can infer his intent by looking at the circumstances (supposedly "pushed to the brink" by the IRS). There's also his "manifesto" he left behind:

A U.S. law official said investigators were looking at a lengthy, anti-government "manifesto" Stack is believed to have written on his Web site. The message outlines problems with the IRS and says violence "is the only answer."

I'd have to assume that if he left a detailed account of all the "problems" with the I.R.S., and then flew an airplane into the I.R.S. building, that his conduct was directed, at least in part, to influence the policy of, or affect the conduct of the government.

Edit: Source - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/02/18/pilot-crashes-texas-building-apparent-anti-irs-suicide/

boxcar
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
I think we can infer his intent by looking at the circumstances (supposedly "pushed to the brink" by the IRS). There's also his "manifesto" he left behind:

A U.S. law official said investigators were looking at a lengthy, anti-government "manifesto" Stack is believed to have written on his Web site. The message outlines problems with the IRS and says violence "is the only answer."

I'd have to assume that if he left a detailed account of all the "problems" with the I.R.S., and then flew an airplane into the I.R.S. building, that his conduct was directed, at least in part, to influence the policy of, or affect the conduct of the government.

Edit: Source - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/02/18/pilot-crashes-texas-building-apparent-anti-irs-suicide/

Not necessarily. Again, his motive could have been done out of sheer anger/frustration -- more than trying to change the system. In his "anti-government manifesto", did he say, specifically, that the IRS had to amend its ways.

I'm not going to debate this with you because it's not worth my time. All I'm saying is that with Muslims, we know what their motives are because we know what "jihad" is all about. But with this isolated incident involving one man, all we really know for certain is that he was angry at and frustrated with the government. Those kinds of negative passions alone don't necessarily mean he was out to change anything or transform the U.S.A. He felt a need to vent his anger and that's the way he did it. This much, for sure, we can be certain. Beyond that...?

Boxcar

JustRalph
06-12-2010, 08:28 PM
It's a shit argument either way. We are just splitting hairs anyway. not worth the time to argue about.

Let's just say he could be considered a terrorist, and a very bad one.

The thread is about Foreign terrorist types and their behavior............