PDA

View Full Version : Governor Moonbeam is back

ArlJim78
06-11-2010, 12:23 PM
That didn't take long. Meg Whitman won the Rupublican primary for governor in California on Tuesday, and Jerry Brown, ex governor moonbeam, sprung into action.

first he likens her to Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels (http://sovernnation.blogspot.com/2010/06/run-jerry-run.html)

"It's like Goebbels," referring to Hitler's notorious Minister of Propaganda. "Goebbels invented this kind of propaganda. He took control of the whole world. She wants to be president. That's her ambition, the first woman president. That's what this is all about."

next he challenged her to a series of debates, where people will see them treat each other with respect; (http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_15265664?nclick_check=1):lol:

"If I never see another political ad in my life, I'll be happy," Brown said at a Los Angeles news conference only 12 hours after he and Whitman became their parties' nominees. "And I'll bet that most people feel the same way. The town halls will show the voters that we can act as adults and actually treat each other with respect. Meg and I may not agree on many issues, but we can at least tell the truth and explain how we would approach the job of governor."

Yes Jerry, your respect is already very evident.

BlueShoe
06-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Just to add a little frosting on the election cake, SF mayor Gavin Newsom is the Democrat nominee for Lt. Governor. What a pair to draw to, Governor Moonbeam and Mayor Sleze. While I view Meg as a RINO, and have always been lukewarm to her, she is a far better choice than Brown. With a lifetime in politics, his failures and bad decisions are on view, and Whitman will exploit them. Brown is a man of the civil service unions, while governor, he helped empower them, and with a huge unfunded pension obligation hanging over the state, there is anti civil service, and anti union sentiment. Whitman also has weaknesses, and Brown is a shrewed, veteran campaigner. Look for lots of mud slinging from both sides. We just had a hot primary Tuesday, but we are not even getting a break from the hot air, just a few minutes ago a Whitman ad was aired on the tube. Pass the aspirin and earplugs please.

Robert Goren
06-11-2010, 03:56 PM
What I thinks very funny how she views the Republican senate nominee, Carly Fiorina. I heard someplace that she won't even appear on the stage.

kenwoodall2
06-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Yep, Brown is one of my favorite entertainers!
Propaganda, every candidate for state office in Ca does that. "Does she look like an athlete?" "
Whitman was a talented athlete in high school, serving as captain of her swim team. She also played field hockey, lacrosse, and basketball.

Robert Goren
06-11-2010, 04:31 PM
"If I never see another political ad in my life, I'll be happy," Brown said at a Los Angeles news conference only 12 hours after he and Whitman became their parties' nominees. "And I'll bet that most people feel the same way. On this Jerry Brown and I agree.

ArlJim78
06-11-2010, 05:00 PM
On this Jerry Brown and I agree.
same here, I refuse to watch that garbage.

BlueShoe
06-11-2010, 05:02 PM
What I thinks very funny how she views the Republican senate nominee, Carly Fiorina. I heard someplace that she won't even appear on the stage.
Your source is incorrect. During her victory speech she praised her and remarked that she would send Barbara Boxer into retirement.
www.ocregister.com/opinion/illegal-252689-nonpartisan-immigration.html?pic=2 (http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/illegal-252689-nonpartisan-immigration.html?pic=2)

boxcar
06-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Yep, Brown is one of my favorite entertainers!
Propaganda, every candidate for state office in Ca does that. "Does she look like an athlete?" "
Whitman was a talented athlete in high school, serving as captain of her swim team. She also played field hockey, lacrosse, and basketball.

I wonder if Brown and Company will paint her as a bull-dike. :D

Boxcar

BlueShoe
06-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I wonder if Brown and Company will paint her as a bull-dike.
He would not dare, and they will never, ever go there. There have been whispers in California for decades about Brown himself, and whether he likes to paint both sides of the fence. Some cynics say that his one time long ago relationship with Linda Ronstadt was just cover. Dont know and dont care, his screwball politics and way of doing things are a big enough worry without thinking about his personal affairs.