PDA

View Full Version : CD Getting BC 2011

Java Gold@TFT
06-11-2010, 06:28 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57443/churchill-to-make-major-bc-announcement

The BC gang will be at CD today to make a major announcement. I hope the guys at CD send a nice gift basket to NY's Guv Paterson thanking him for screwing over Belmon one more time. No doubt that if the slots were in place there would be no financial reason to keep Belmont out one more year. Of course, SA is shooting themselves in the foot with their waffling on a racing surface. Same old politics again.

Jasonm921
06-11-2010, 08:11 AM
I would love Belmont to get it, especially with the 10 year anniversary of the WTC attacks it would have been nice to have had the Breeder's Cup. However, Churchill will get the numbers and always do a great job. I'm just happy it's not a synthetic Breeder's Cup.

joanied
06-11-2010, 02:15 PM
I'm also bummed that Belmont didn't get it for 2011...like jason said, it's the 10 year anniversary of 9-11, and to us New Yorker's, that means something...the BC in 2001 was one of the best ever...emotions ran high and Tiznow crowned the day in winning the Classic for America...and all New Yorker's...I couldn't stop the tears...it was fantastic!!

I was also going to start saving my money...I want to get back to NY one of these days...and the BC at Belmont would be perfect.
This sucks

Oh...yeah, the one good thing is that we know we'll have 2 years of BC races on DIRT:jump:

Rackon
06-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I love Churchill, but I'm only two hours away. I've been to 3 BCs there already - I'm thrilled it's back cuz Ican't go this year!

CD does an outstanding job with the BC - it's a great facility and they know how to handle crowds, plus the fans turn out big time. I'd rather be at CD for BC days than the KD, and that's saying a lot.

If it wasn't Churchill then it shoulda been Belmont.

joanied
06-11-2010, 05:51 PM
Agreed...CD does a bangup job..I have no problem at all with them hosting...when I do get the chance to get back to my home town, I want it to be during BC...this way I can kill all my birds with one stone...I'll probably only get one time back there...my husband has never been back East, so when we go, I want him to get the chance to see and feel what it's like at Belmont during a big race day:jump:

I wonder if this hosting 2 years in a row might be something the BC guys are thinking of doing...kinda makes sense as far as the monies each track puts out to host the event...they would be able to keep some of what they do in place for another year, so cut the cost a bit?