PDA

View Full Version : Ascot

OTM Al
06-10-2010, 03:44 PM
The Royal meet looks tremendous this year. First day's card is coming up especialy strong and opens up with the 1m Queen Anne featuring Goldikova, Paco Boy and Rip Van Winkle. I know we have a few people here who play the races over there so wouldn't mind a bit of discussion over the 5 days coming up next week. Know I'm tuning in and hopefully cashing a few.

horses4courses
06-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Anyone know if Wesley Ward is shipping any to Ascot this year?

His winners last year were at nice odds...... :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
06-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Anyone know if Wesley Ward is shipping any to Ascot this year?

His winners last year were nice at nice odds...... :ThmbUp:

He only is taking 1 but McPeek is taking 3 and Kinsale King is running too

http://www.drf.com/news/article/113722.html

lamboguy
06-10-2010, 04:29 PM
wesley ward is everywhere!

horses4courses
06-10-2010, 04:41 PM
He only is taking 1 but McPeek is taking 3 and Kinsale King is running too

http://www.drf.com/news/article/113722.html

Thanks.
The article says Kinsale King has the best chances of a US win.
I hope their bookmakers see it that way, too.
I truly believe US juveniles have a distinct seasoning edge this early in the year.

OTM Al
06-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks.
The article says Kinsale King has the best chances of a US win.
I hope their bookmakers see it that way, too.
I truly believe US juveniles have a distinct seasoning edge this early in the year.

It's not just that but more the training techniques. The Euros simply do not break like the Americans. They are much slower into stride giving a big advantage right of the bat to the American 2yo. One of the most important things in winning a 2yo race is getting out front because the young horses still fully don't know what they are doing and sometimes it turns into a game of follow the leader, just like they played with the other foals in the paddock.

TejanoRun
06-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Ward's only got one runner at Ascot this year. Were his horses tested last year by the British Horseracing Authority, or did he get away with signing the declaration that said his horses didn't have any steroids, substances, etc because he comes from outside Great Britain?

I find it laughable that Ward was suspended in Florida for drug positives last year while his horses were running (and winning) at Ascot. And it is even more laughably ridiculous that I couldn't find any media who had reported the suspension of the "brilliant" American trainer.

Market Mover
06-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Ward's only got one runner at Ascot this year. Were his horses tested last year by the British Horseracing Authority, or did he get away with signing the declaration that said his horses didn't have any steroids, substances, etc because he comes from outside Great Britain?

I find it laughable that Ward was suspended in Florida for drug positives last year while his horses were running (and winning) at Ascot. And it is even more laughably ridiculous that I couldn't find any media who had reported the suspension of the "brilliant" American trainer.

Ward just teaches them to pop and not stop. He succeeds in these short races bc he trains them like quarter horses. He loves that 4.5 fur chute at Kee. And he loves the 5f sprints on turf. Does anybody have Ward stats for races longer than a mile?

He's smart enough to know he can train them fast, and inject enough pace to keep them competitive early. Nothing brilliant other than recognizing what his stock can do and placing them accordingly...

Market Mover
06-11-2010, 12:37 AM
The Royal meet looks tremendous this year. First day's card is coming up especialy strong and opens up with the 1m Queen Anne featuring Goldikova, Paco Boy and Rip Van Winkle. I know we have a few people here who play the races over there so wouldn't mind a bit of discussion over the 5 days coming up next week. Know I'm tuning in and hopefully cashing a few.

Paco Boy looks like the real deal. A big question on Rip, as he was all the hype and no play in last year's BC Classic. I thought he was in a bit over his head, but didn't expect to see him trounced that much.

This is one spot to go against Goldikova. We all know she can run at SA. But Ascot is a very different track, and she seemed to have to work a bit extra in her last.

Paco Boy could be the one. What odds would be fair?

OTM Al
06-11-2010, 09:16 AM
Paco Boy looks like the real deal. A big question on Rip, as he was all the hype and no play in last year's BC Classic. I thought he was in a bit over his head, but didn't expect to see him trounced that much.

This is one spot to go against Goldikova. We all know she can run at SA. But Ascot is a very different track, and she seemed to have to work a bit extra in her last.

Paco Boy could be the one. What odds would be fair?

Hard to say before the final entries are made and we see the draw. Not remembering off the top of my head about Ascot right now, but there is usually a better side of the track in these straight races and a horse can be disadvantaged by drawing on the wrong side of the gate. This is of course assuming that many do not drop out for the final entry from the 5-day.

All that said, Paco Boy is a solid miler and don't diminish Rip by what he did over here. He may be best at a mile anyway. I still think she is better than both, but this is not a weak field by any means. Zacinto is better than his last and Ouqba wasn't thath far back of Paco Boy in their last and may be the price play here.

classhandicapper
06-11-2010, 09:48 AM

Now I need some PPs (anything similar to what the DRF provides for foreign horses).

gm10
06-11-2010, 10:09 AM
I think Paco Boy still has to confirm he can beat the top guns. Plus, it's only recently that he has been accepted as a true miler.
Rip will probably come on for the run, but even then he is a formidable force. It has to be Goldikova for me. She is a truly exceptional animal.

JBmadera
06-11-2010, 10:13 AM
great site for Royal Ascot (and all UK, Ire, etc racing):

http://www.attheraces.com/index.aspx

OTM Al
06-11-2010, 10:31 AM
Now I need some PPs (anything similar to what the DRF provides for foreign horses).

Do you have Twin Spires account? They have free (as long as you play at least one race on the card) BRIS PPs. They are ok, though I find the At The Races site at least as useful if not more so as you can drill down through the PPs and watch the replays for some of the races (the rest are on RacingUK)

classhandicapper
06-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Do you have Twin Spires account? They have free (as long as you play at least one race on the card) BRIS PPs. They are ok, though I find the At The Races site at least as useful if not more so as you can drill down through the PPs and watch the replays for some of the races (the rest are on RacingUK)

I bookmarked the At The Races site and will check it out soon.

I may also open a Twin Spires account.

Thanks

toussaud
06-12-2010, 08:34 PM
dude, for uk racing, the best thing you can do is sign up for the video coverage on attheraces.com. it's like 15 a month and you get the live coverage every freaking day, i watch it eveyr morning. it usually runs right into hrtv, ends at about 11ish my time and hrtv starts at 11ish my time. they know their stuff over there and it really keeps you in the loop.

OTM Al
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
dude, for uk racing, the best thing you can do is sign up for the video coverage on attheraces.com. it's like 15 a month and you get the live coverage every freaking day, i watch it eveyr morning. it usually runs right into hrtv, ends at about 11ish my time and hrtv starts at 11ish my time. they know their stuff over there and it really keeps you in the loop.

I believe you get the exact same feed on Twin Spires, essentially for free if you wager.

toussaud
06-12-2010, 10:18 PM
no actually you don't.

i have xpressbet too, and you get track feeds with that. it's the difference betweeng ettign HRTV or TVG and getting the belmont feed. it's not one in the same.

you don't get the pre race shows (man they have a cuite pie that comes on on tuesday mornings, wow) and the other stuff like that. for a racing fan it's worth the 15 bucks

this is wht you get for 15 bucks a month

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At_the_Races

and quite frankly they put TVG and HRTV to shame in their presentation. breath of fresh air for serious horse racing fans.

OTM Al
06-13-2010, 06:47 AM
Interesting. Still though the feed is pretty good and the web sites have very good info as it is.

One other thing you need is one of the handicapping books they sell that shows course layouts and where races start. They should also have draw info, which is generally more important there than here, especially in the straight races. The tracks are all different so trainer stats are important as they relate to individual tracks

OTM Al
06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
What a start!

Thought she moved too early but she just wouldn't let Paco Boy go by. Best mare in the world. Period.

gm10
06-15-2010, 09:39 AM
What a start!

Thought she moved too early but she just wouldn't let Paco Boy go by. Best mare in the world. Period.

Spot on (over the turf anyway!). She has joined the all-time greats.

horses4courses
06-15-2010, 09:42 AM
Best mare in the world. Period.

At a mile on the turf, yes.

Tremendous performance.

gm10
06-15-2010, 09:42 AM

can you watch international (US, France, AUS, HK, Singapore) races online, too?
it used to be the case, then they changed it, not sure how it is now

Learned Hand35
06-15-2010, 09:43 AM
It drives me nuts how long it takes UK and Aussie racing to go official.

gm10
06-15-2010, 09:44 AM

Tremendous performance.

she won over 9F last time, beating the track record

OTM Al
06-15-2010, 09:48 AM
It drives me nuts how long it takes UK and Aussie racing to go official.

It's not the time to go official from their perspective, it's from ours. Our pools need to get the official placings to go into the tri and super payoffs, which they don't generally offer. They will have their placings, but since 2nd pays just like 3rd (and sometimes 4th), order often doesn't matter beyound the winner.

Hedevar
06-15-2010, 09:49 AM
A doff of the hat to Goldikova. A truly great performance. Let's not forget her connections, true sportsmen, who are not afraid to take on all comers wherever they may be.

OTM Al
06-15-2010, 09:49 AM

Tremendous performance.

Being that's a true champion distance in a world perspective, I'd say that's pretty good.

Learned Hand35
06-15-2010, 09:55 AM
It's not the time to go official from their perspective, it's from ours. Our pools need to get the official placings to go into the tri and super payoffs, which they don't generally offer. They will have their placings, but since 2nd pays just like 3rd (and sometimes 4th), order often doesn't matter beyound the winner.

Ahh...

That makes sense. Thanks OTM AL.

(But I swear, at least regarding Aussie Racing, it is more than the issue with the US pools. Watching the Aussie feed online the scroll at the bottom of video is still showing "unofficial results" 15-20 minutes after the race.)

horses4courses
06-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Even with just a 13.5% takeout, there is still no value in the win market for US bettors who are playing Ascot.

All the market leaders are a full point, or more, less than UK odds.

Watch Wesley Ward's horse in the last race go off at even money (5-1 ML).
Of course, that ML is bogus, as the horse is no better than 9-5 in UK.

I'm watching great racing, with little chance of making a bet.

OTM Al
06-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Even with just a 13.5% takeout, there is still no value in the win market for US bettors who are playing Ascot.

All the market leaders are a full point, or more, less than UK odds.

Watch Wesley Ward's horse in the last race go off at even money (5-1 ML).
Of course, that ML is bogus, as the horse is no better than 9-5 in UK.

I'm watching great racing, with little chance of making a bet.

Except for the fact that the American pools are showing a heavily overbet Noble's Promise right now in the St James. A Canford Cliffs-Dick Turpin exacta looks pretty good right now at around $30

the little guy
06-15-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm shocked Noble's Promise didn't win.

OTM Al
06-15-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm shocked Noble's Promise didn't win.

He did not embarass himself though. He was outclassed but ended 5th a half length behind the 2000 Guineas winner. I don't think he broke as well as they wanted either and lost a length or so right there. Wasn't going to win by any shot, but we've seen far worse shows.

the little guy
06-15-2010, 11:22 AM
He didn't, but the way he appeared to rerally makes me wonder about the overall quality of the field given he was finished a furlong out.

WinterTriangle
06-15-2010, 11:26 AM
Hope Jofanny wins this next.

Ascot Stakes: Junior, Calisto Moon, Tyrell's Wood
Windsor Castle: Metropolitan Man, Oor Jack, Stone of Folca

WinterTriangle
06-15-2010, 11:32 AM
A Canford Cliffs-Dick Turpin exacta looks pretty good right now at around $30

It did indeed. :ThmbUp:

Spalding No!
06-15-2010, 11:40 AM
He didn't, but the way he appeared to rerally makes me wonder about the overall quality of the field given he was finished a furlong out.

Both Canford Cliffs and Dick Turpin were labeled sprinters prior to the classic mile races. Though neither horse has done anything wrong in 3 classics between them, perhaps there's some truth to the alleged distance limitations. Might account for letting a beaten Noble's Promise come back on (not to mention him taking out 2 other horses prior to rerallying).

OTM Al
06-15-2010, 11:53 AM

True. There probably weren't any big horses this year in the mile classics, or at least not near the level of the last couple, especially since the top prospects from last year mostly disappointed. But that's what there was to run and they did draw as solid a field as was out there. Of course comparing any lot to the last 2 winners of the English 2000 is a rough comparison.

Let's put it this way, he didn't do Lava Man in Dubai bad.

rgustafson
06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
What a start!

Al, super race by Goldikova without a doubt. I thought it was interesting when the TVG announcers said they asked Freddie Head, her trainer if he thought she was better than Miesque, who Freddie rode to two Breeders Cup Mile wins, I think he said something like let's see if she wins three, referring to a planned start inthe 2010 mile. Miesque is probably my favorite Breeders Cup winner. Go back and watch those races. She just cruises by the field effortlessly in both. If Goldlikova can top that this year, that will be something.

PaceAdvantage
06-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Spot on (over the turf anyway!).Now hold on there just a minute! Did you just say what I think you said? Did you just qualify Goldikova by surface? Very interesting...

Gorgeous George
06-16-2010, 06:46 AM
O Peslier said he hit the front sooner than he wanted and she just idled in front. Paco Boy's jockey Richard Hughes said he was certain he was going to reel her in when he made his move but when he went along side her she blinked her eye and found more, he said he would never have passed her at that point. She's the best miler in Europe without doubt, really do hope she faces Lope De Vega (french 2000 guineas winner), that will be a real test.

My Picks today

Ascot 15.05 ANTARA 7/2
This talented german filly made an impressive start to her Godolphin career with a win in the Group 3 Princess Elizabeth Stakes earlier this month and can follow up here.

Ascot 15.50 BYWORD 3/1
Andre Fabres colt was only a half length behind Goldikova in the Prix D'Ispahan which she broke the race record so a repeat of that should be enough to win this.

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Seeing the Royal Hunt Cup is one of today's highlights at Ascot, it brought to mind an Irish joke of old. Naturally, it is anti-British..... ;)

What is the difference between (1) A famous Ascot horse race, and
(2) The Queen standing on her head?

Well......(1) is the Royal Hunt Cup and (2) Ummm....... :blush:

Good luck!

OTM Al
06-16-2010, 09:15 AM
Unfortunately have a meeting I must go to this morning so cannot watch the races. Am going to take the following though in a mild upset in the Price of Wales (15:50) Cavalryman-Presvis-Twice Over. Going against Byword. Though impressive in his last, going to go with the theory that the final furlong will do him in.

olddaddy
06-16-2010, 10:23 AM
2nd race at Ascot. The 1 horse (SAHPRESA) is 8-1 as gate opens, final odds 3-1. It didn't do much but things like this, make it tough to bet this card.

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 10:39 AM
2nd race at Ascot. The 1 horse (SAHPRESA) is 8-1 as gate opens, final odds 3-1. It didn't do much but things like this, make it tough to bet this card.

I agree with you on that.
That horse did take money in the UK, from around 7-1 down to 5-1.
3-1 was a joke! Maybe there is someone betting bigger than they should into this pool, though. That could be a bonus.

I have the occasional horse that I like here, but I can seldom bet them straight.
The PK-3 on the last 3 races is one of the few bets worth a small stab.
I keyed Wesley Ward's horse in the last yesterday, and got beat, but I was at least going to get a decent return on my bet with the 1st 2 legs in.
First two winners were pretty chalky, but I was still getting close to 4-1 on a
2-1 shot.

Good luck to you!

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 10:50 AM
Race 3 at Ascot has Byword as all the rage because he ran Goldlikova so close last out. He is, however, pretty easy to bet on at 3-1 over there. No bargain.
Twice Over is drifting at 11-2.

Interesting medium range odds here are #3 Cavalryman #5 Glass Harmonium and
#12 Shalanaya

Let's see if there's any bargains on Youbet.......

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Race 3 at Ascot has Byword as all the rage because he ran Goldlikova so close last out. He is, however, pretty easy to bet on at 3-1 over there. No bargain.
Twice Over is drifting at 11-2.

Interesting medium range odds here are #3 Cavalryman #5 Glass Harmonium and
#12 Shalanaya

Let's see if there's any bargains on Youbet.......

No bet.

Byword won well....closing at 9-5 on Youbet, 5-2 in the UK

Gorgeous George
06-16-2010, 11:13 AM
Byword franking Goldikova's form is always nice plus the 3/1 morning price i lumped on :jump:

Going to go for Trsyt each/way in the Royal Hunt Cup buts its a very tough handicap.

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Youbet.com only has 24 runners listed for the next race at Ascot.

There are 30 runners going to post.

I realize that numbers 20+ are lumped together in the "field" for wagering purposes, but its not right that they don't list all the horses - imo

nearco
06-16-2010, 11:27 AM
Youbet.com only has 24 runners listed for the next race at Ascot.

There are 30 runners going to post.

I realize that numbers 20+ are lumped together in the "field" for wagering purposes, but its not right that they don't list all the horses - imo

Why do they lump 20+ as the field?

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 11:34 AM
Why do they lump 20+ as the field?

They can't cope with more than 20 betting interests in their system.

nearco
06-16-2010, 11:36 AM
They can't cope with more than 20 betting interests in their system.

So, do they do it numerically? i.e numbers 20+? So that would be the low weights in a handicap like this, who are often the favorites.
Silly way of doing it. Why not lump all the longshots as the field?

gm10
06-16-2010, 02:52 PM
Interesting form lines appeared after Byword's win ... he was beaten by Goldikova last time, and beat Twice OVer today, who was of course beaten by Zenyatta. How good are those two mares!?!

OTM Al
06-16-2010, 06:21 PM
How good are those two mares!?!

Quite.

horses4courses
06-16-2010, 06:36 PM
So, do they do it numerically? i.e numbers 20+? So that would be the low weights in a handicap like this, who are often the favorites.
Silly way of doing it. Why not lump all the longshots as the field?

If the race happens to be a handicap, then the lightweights (numbered 20 or higher) compile the "field" entry, for US betting purposes.
If they were to put the longshots together, they would have to alter the
saddlecloth numbers in the US betting system, which would make a bad situation worse.

I wasn't paying close attention to the late races today, as I was at work.
If I had realised a third of the Royal Hunt Cup was running as the "field", I would have been all over that PK-3 in the US.
Off the top of my head, the true odds of that entry was close to 3-1.
Linked with a winning 2-1 favorite, and a very bettable 5-1 Cecil winner in the last, the PK-3 here paid an unbelievable 143-1. :bang:

Some days working can be costly.........

OTM Al
06-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Today's play comes in the 17:00, the Hampton Court Listed Stakes (yes I love the Gold Cup, but just couldn't land on a satisfying play)

Quadrille brings one home for the Queen at the Royal meet. Playing in exactas over Film Score, Afsare and Fencing Master. Will also play the chalk ridden Afsare over Quadrille as a saver. Film Score looks like he could be a force later in the year, but is facing winners for the first time, so will not put him up in the win spot. Liked Fencing Master in the Guineas, and he certainly has run best in the class races of the field, so must use, but not sure he's a winning horse.

gm10
06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Today's play comes in the 17:00, the Hampton Court Listed Stakes (yes I love the Gold Cup, but just couldn't land on a satisfying play)

Quadrille brings one home for the Queen at the Royal meet. Playing in exactas over Film Score, Afsare and Fencing Master. Will also play the chalk ridden Afsare over Quadrille as a saver. Film Score looks like he could be a force later in the year, but is facing winners for the first time, so will not put him up in the win spot. Liked Fencing Master in the Guineas, and he certainly has run best in the class races of the field, so must use, but not sure he's a winning horse.

I like Kite Wood at the odds in the gold Cup. If Frankie gets the easy lead he could be hard to pass. Might be one to lay off in-running.

OTM Al
06-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Nice finish in that one. Glad I didn't touch it though as I was leaning toward Age of Aquarius and that would have been a tough beat.

OTM Al
06-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Saver saves the bacon. Not going to make a lot on that one, but a winner for the day.

PhantomOnTour
06-17-2010, 12:36 PM
A claim of foul was lodged against a horse owned by the Queen herself (who is in attendance today at Ascot)...how would you like to make that decision??? And what was the outcome of the inquiry?

OTM Al
06-17-2010, 12:42 PM
A claim of foul was lodged against a horse owned by the Queen herself (who is in attendance today at Ascot)...how would you like to make that decision??? And what was the outcome of the inquiry?

Rules are rules, so it should be treated no differently. It was the winner that came over initially anyway causing the chain reaction so if anything the question was to put her horse up, not down. Result stood.

PhantomOnTour
06-17-2010, 12:46 PM
My mistake. I thought the foul was lodged by the Juddmonte horse who ran 3rd against the Queen's horse.

OTM Al
06-17-2010, 12:53 PM
My mistake. I thought the foul was lodged by the Juddmonte horse who ran 3rd against the Queen's horse.

No that one definitely was clear of the whole situation. Frontrunner on the rail was the one that took the brunt of it, though I don't doubt the initial reaction may have been against the Queen's horse as on first blush he looked most guilty. Not completely up on the objection rules over there so it's possible it did start that way. It's hard for me to figure sometimes what really is a foul over there as riding is a bit rougher. They seem more likely to give days to the rider and let the result stand from what I've seen.

OTM Al
06-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Looking at 2 plays tomorrow

15:05 King Edward Stakes: Going for a slight upset here with Monterosso over Green Moon and At First Sight. Buzzword was a horse i loved last year, but he looks bad right now. Bullet Train may get some play and maybe he isn't shot after a last place finish in the Derby, but I just can't use a horse that had issues in front of a big crowd once again in front of a big crowd only 13 days later. Playing back At First Sight sounds rough also on that 13 day turnaround, though if the ground is as hard tomorrow as it was today, he could make all tomorrow, but again I'm playing against him because of the turnaround off a tough race. I'll also put a saver with Green Moon on top of Monterosso

15:50 Coronation Stakes: My pick is Anna Salai after a strong showing in the Irish 1000 and a positive jock swith to Frankie D. Lilly Langtry needed her last IMO and should improve. Will use her only underneath though. Music Note also ran well at the Curragh so will use her both under and over Anna.

gm10
06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
2.30 Crying Lightening
3.05 Buzzword
3.50 Jacqueline quest
5.00 Private Story

all small plays at big odds

interesting to see how the Ken McPeek horse gets on - I don't really see why this horse is in this race, but you never know, American 2yo's are certainly better out of the gate than their European counterparts this time of year

OTM Al
06-18-2010, 09:34 AM
Decent 3rd it looked like. Looked like she was about to fade but rerallied a bit at the end. Couldn't get clear enough early, but a solid run.

OTM Al
06-18-2010, 09:53 AM
Monterosso getting hammered here. Looking like a no bet in the Edward. Not taking $20 exacta on this.

gm10
06-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Decent 3rd it looked like. Looked like she was about to fade but rerallied a bit at the end. Couldn't get clear enough early, but a solid run.

That is really exceptional. That filly is not that fast at all. I don't understand that American trainers don't try harder to win this race, they clearly have a big edge.

gm10
06-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Monterosso getting hammered here. Looking like a no bet in the Edward. Not taking $20 exacta on this.

I was about to say 'Good call' until I read this :D

OTM Al
06-18-2010, 10:11 AM
I was about to say 'Good call' until I read this :D

Loved him on the win end, but like I said I wasn't going to take short exactas with him. Nothing worse than having the winner so solid but blowing it underneath. Good pick, better non-play. Never could have found Arctic Cosmos underneath.

gm10
06-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Loved him on the win end, but like I said I wasn't going to take short exactas with him. Nothing worse than having the winner so solid but blowing it underneath. Good pick, better non-play. Never could have found Arctic Cosmos underneath.

no me neither
I did think that those two favorites were shaky
Buzzword ran OK in 3rd

OTM Al
06-18-2010, 10:56 AM
No joy today, but is clear Lilly did need her last. Nice winner there. Look forward to actually watching the race tonight as my video kept cutting out.

comet52
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Anyone know why xpressbet dropped the video feed from the UK tracks this year?

Horseplayersbet.com
06-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Anyone know why xpressbet dropped the video feed from the UK tracks this year?
I believe this is a temporary thing. We've had to suspend videos for UK races as well.

Watcher
06-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Anyone playing today, Saturday?

gm10
06-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Anyone playing today, Saturday?

yes

I like the odds of Impose in the Duke of Edinburgh, Jukebox Jury in the Hardwicke and the American horse in the Golden Jubilee

OTM Al
06-19-2010, 09:10 AM
I agree about Jukebox Jury and will play him over Wajir and Harbinger with a saver of Harbinger over JJ

In the sprint I like Happy Zero. Those Hong Kong sprints are the real deal. Playing him over the field (which of course includes Fleeting Spirit) and Triple Aspect just because he has the look of a hard trier and should come with a price. Saver of field over Happy Zero

OTM Al
06-19-2010, 09:58 AM
No Mack on my feed today. It really detracts from the experience!

Watcher
06-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Watching on the BBC over here...

They're doing a fashion piece just now. Maybe they've outsourced the programming to NBC / ABC?

gm10
06-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Watching on the BBC over here...

They're doing a fashion piece just now. Maybe they've outsourced the programming to NBC / ABC?
:D

It's truly awful, as the whole fashion scene at Ascot is, of course. People with a lot of money who should know better!!

OTM Al
06-19-2010, 10:55 AM
Ah well, not even close today. Nice try by Kinsale King. I wasn't going to touch him, but he showed he belongs at the top level.

sandpit
06-19-2010, 01:46 PM
This meet is a joy to watch, but handicapping some of these races is like herding cats. My 10-year-old walks in this morning at glances at a field of 28 (!) in the paddock, and says "I like the 26." The damn thing wins. :eek: Too bad it was in the field; I think it only paid $4.60.

WinterTriangle
06-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Nice try by Kinsale King.

Indeed. Seems he might stick around there for July.

That was a pretty nice field. Trainer was right about the jock on the aussie horse needing a neck brace and parachute. :)

This meet is a joy to watch

Yes! Post parades were fantastic, really got to look at the horses well.