PDA

View Full Version : Still Don't Believe that Morals are the Cause of this Country's Decline?

boxcar
06-10-2010, 01:29 AM
Well, welcome to the not-so-wonderful world of Moral Relativism. In this world, it is said that "old", time-honored [mora] values are not only dispensable but in fact have already been updated with spankin' new, modernized ones. At least that's what Wilder Publications thinks about the values in this nation's founding documents. So, what's the smart, enlightened, progressive thing to do? Put a disclaimer on the cover of the book "WARNING" people (emphatically!) that the values within don't reflect today's values! Says who again! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: The publisher presumes to speak for all readers? :bang: :bang: The height of liberal arrogance! Talk about someone looking down their steep, condescending snout at other people! But...it appears that this "smart" :rolleyes: disclaimer is backfiring! Read all about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/09/publishing-company-putting-warning-label-constitution/

Boxcar
P.S. And then people wonder why books written by conservatives sell so well! :rolleyes:

NJ Stinks
06-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Boxcar
P.S. And then people wonder why books written by conservatives sell so well! :rolleyes:

I can't remember the last time I wondered that. The same (insert your own adjective here) right wingers that watch FOX News every night buy the books. Everybody knows that. :sleeping:

TJDave
06-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Is that what we're discussing here?

I thought it was a site to learn how to gamble on the ponies. :rolleyes:

GaryG
06-10-2010, 06:50 AM
I can't remember the last time I wondered that. The same (insert your own adjective here) right wingers that watch FOX News every night buy the books. Everybody knows that. :sleeping:You are saying that either left wingers don't buy books or there are none for them to buy?

Tom
06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Anyone smart enough to write a book is too smart to write a left-wing one. :lol:

HUSKER55
06-10-2010, 09:33 AM
HI TOM
:ThmbUp: :D

WELL PUT

Robert Goren
06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
You are saying that either left wingers don't buy books or there are none for them to buy?Left wingers buy books, but they don't buy that they intend to read. I am not sure that is always the case with right wingers. Some how I got on a right wing e-mail list. I keep getting e-mails telling me buy such and such book. It reminds me of the stuff I use to get from RPM in my snail mail.

boxcar
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM

I thought it was a site to learn how to gamble on the ponies. :rolleyes:

Well...you definitely sound like a lost soul. You've taken a wrong turn if you expect to learn how to "gamble on the ponies" in the Off Topic (as in NON-horse related) forum. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: You need to find your way back "over there'.

Boxcar

46zilzal
06-10-2010, 10:58 AM
funny

PhantomOnTour
06-10-2010, 10:59 AM
That same disclaimer could have been put on our Constitution :lol:

My thought is that the decline of the family structure is to blame for many ills in society. Our new family structure has led to the decline in morals. Kids are not properly shown what's moral and immoral, right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Every action is okay because 'I gotta get mine'.

Kids learn from who teaches them, and what you accept-you also teach. If parents are not in the home to teach the kids then the streets will teach them...and that's an immoral place to learn.

46zilzal
06-10-2010, 11:38 AM
That same disclaimer could have been put on our Constitution :lol:

My thought is that the decline of the family structure is to blame for many ills in society. Our new family structure has led to the decline in morals. Kids are not properly shown what's moral and immoral, right or wrong, acceptable or unacceptable behavior. Every action is okay because 'I gotta get mine'.

Kids learn from who teaches them, and what you accept-you also teach. If parents are not in the home to teach the kids then the streets will teach them...and that's an immoral place to learn.
Lot of truth there....

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2010, 10:46 PM

I thought it was a site to learn how to gamble on the ponies. :rolleyes:Psst...you're in the OFF TOPIC section...get it?