PDA

View Full Version : Belmont - Race 9 OFF THE TURF

the little guy
06-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Because rain is supposed to start shortly, and pick up around 2 O'Clock, a decision has been made to take the 9th race off the turf. We feel this is the fairest choice given the possible scenerio as it involves the Pick-6. Rather than face a situation of being forced to remove the race from the grass AFTER the Pick-6 had started, and thus create an " all " situation, we felt it was fairest to all to make this decision when we did. We are commited to running the rest of the turf races as scheduled. Post times will also be accelerated during the day.

andymays
06-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Because rain is supposed to start shortly, and pick up around 2 O'Clock, a decision has been made to take the 9th race off the turf. We feel this is the fairest choice given the possible scenerio as it involves the Pick-6. Rather than face a situation of being forced to remove the race from the grass AFTER the Pick-6 had started, and thus create an " all " situation, we felt it was fairest to all to make this decision when we did. We are commited to running the rest of the turf races as scheduled. Post times will also be accelerated during the day.

Good move. :ThmbUp:

Tom
06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
cc Gulfstream Park :rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Wonderful...when I checked the scratches at the NYRA site this morning(a little after 10am central time)the 9th had no changes. So I put in my P6 tickets AND THEN they announce changes. Too late-I had already gone to work and couldn't check the sequence until it began and I didn't know about the change. So what happens to my choices in the 9th that scratched???

The reason this is total garbage is that they opened the wagering and then made the change...why post no scratches at 10am and then decide to change surfaces less than 30mins later!? Just hold off on posting the changes until that decision is made...pure idiocy and it could have been avoided easily.

andymays
06-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Wonderful...when I checked the scratches at the NYRA site this morning(a little after 10am central time)the 9th had no changes. So I put in my P6 tickets AND THEN they announce changes. Too late-I had already gone to work and couldn't check the sequence until it began and I didn't know about the change. So what happens to my choices in the 9th that scratched???

You should get the favorite.

Are you still alive?

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2010, 03:04 PM
You should get the favorite.
Should get the favorite? You post about changes and use the word 'we' in it
but have no clue as to how my bet will be altered???

Wow, you really do work for NYRA dontcha??

Oops...my apologies to andymays...thought you were the littleguy aka you know who....sorry again man.

Dahoss9698
06-09-2010, 03:49 PM

The reason this is total garbage is that they opened the wagering and then made the change...why post no scratches at 10am and then decide to change surfaces less than 30mins later!? Just hold off on posting the changes until that decision is made...pure idiocy and it could have been avoided easily.

This asinine post just goes to show you that regardless of what NYRA does, they cannot win. Apparently it's their fault you had to go to work.

TLG posted this at 11:20 am. An hour and 40 minutes before post time for the first race and 3 hours prior to the pick 6 starting. Idiocy is putting in a pick 6 ticket without knowing all of the changes. I realize you might not have had time to look, but that is your fault. Not theirs.

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2010, 04:04 PM
This asinine post just goes to show you that regardless of what NYRA does, they cannot win. Apparently it's their fault you had to go to work.

TLG posted this at 11:20 am. An hour and 40 minutes before post time for the first race and 3 hours prior to the pick 6 starting. Idiocy is putting in a pick 6 ticket without knowing all of the changes. I realize you might not have had time to look, but that is your fault. Not theirs.
I checked the changes on the NYRA site. Am I supposed to not believe that those changes are correct? I believe my post stated that I checked the scratches and then punched in my tickets...how do you infer that I'm an idiot for "putting in a pick 6 ticket without knowing all of the changes" when I had checked them already?

My problem isn't that they took the 9th off turf, my problem is that they posted incomplete scratches and THEN decided to change it within 15mins. Surely the idea of the 9th coming off didn't suddenly arise in that time span. So, knowing thischange was a good possibility, they should have held off on posting the initial scratches until this decision was made. Is that too hard to understand?

tzipi
06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
It's not NYRA's fault. They are waiting to see on the weather. 10 O'clock is too early to call. But I always wait to put in my tickets till later in the day when the weather situation is more clear. It stinks you maybe had to put in a ticket very early but it was the smart move by NYRA and it saves them from getting hammered on if they had to make a late change after the 4th race.

It would be nice if tracks could predict the weather very early in the morning and make all changes final by then but that I think we know is just too tough.

Bettowin
06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
Root for the 4 and 6 in the 9th. No carryover without them winning.

the little guy
06-09-2010, 04:23 PM
The decision was made with concern to what was most fair to our customers. The information was given in as timely manner as was possible. While this won't please everyone, it was the fairest possible decision given the circumstances, and that is the best any business can hope for.

shouldacoulda
06-09-2010, 04:37 PM
I think it was the right call to announce in advance. As for DaHoss who had to work I can understand his frustration.

the little guy
06-09-2010, 04:53 PM
Nobody would hire Dahoss.

SansuiSC
06-09-2010, 05:02 PM
Everything was done perfect by NYRA today given the situation. Looking at the radar, there was no telling when or if a downpour were to occur.
They got the best case in that there were no downpours or steady rain enough to impact the surfaces.
Everything including moving up post times were A+ for the customer.

NYRA :ThmbUp: today

Dahoss9698
06-09-2010, 05:09 PM
I checked the changes on the NYRA site. Am I supposed to not believe that those changes are correct? I believe my post stated that I checked the scratches and then punched in my tickets...how do you infer that I'm an idiot for "putting in a pick 6 ticket without knowing all of the changes" when I had checked them already?

My problem isn't that they took the 9th off turf, my problem is that they posted incomplete scratches and THEN decided to change it within 15mins. Surely the idea of the 9th coming off didn't suddenly arise in that time span. So, knowing thischange was a good possibility, they should have held off on posting the initial scratches until this decision was made. Is that too hard to understand?

So 100 minutes prior to first post means there will be no more changes on a card? Look, I get the frustration, but your blame is misplaced. I have wanted to put bets in, but being at work, was unable to. It sucks, but when you are trying to play, while at work, it happens. NYRA, as they usually do was trying to be fair to their customers.

Dahoss9698
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
Nobody would hire Dahoss.

I laughed.

andymays
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
They did the right thing in this situation. :ThmbUp:

Maybe HANA will move them up a few spots. :D :lol:

Dahoss9698
06-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Maybe HANA will move them up a few spots. :D :lol:

I laughed again. Well played.

thespaah
06-09-2010, 10:33 PM
I think this is a perfectly fair and prudent decision by NYRA.

JustRalph
06-09-2010, 10:42 PM
are you kidding ? A couple nights ago I couldn't get the MNR scratches and changes until 13 min to post in the first race............ :bang: :bang:

Hell, I don't even check anymore until 30 min to post...most aren't up or they are only half right

A couple of days ago I put in a conditional bet on a race at Woodbine. Went to the Doctor and got home early, just as the horses were leaving the gate. Popped on the TV to see them leaving the gate on the AW course......not the turf course.......... of course my horse lost and I searched high and low and nowhere did the "off the turf" info come up............ :bang: :bang:

toss that 80 bucks out the window............I thought this shit was supposed to get better with the HANA setup.........?

In the NYRA incident today..... I would think this was the best case scenario