PDA

View Full Version : Racing Post World Cup of Horse Racing

Gorgeous George
06-09-2010, 06:19 AM
Today sees Round 1 of the Best Flat Horse in the last 4 years. You need to be registered, which is free, in order to vote.

The votes are:

1. Sea the Stars v Quality Road - currently 100% - 0%
2. Zenyatta v Authorized - currently 89% - 11%
3. Workforce v Dylan Thomas - currently 56% - 44%
4. Conduit v New Approach - currently 44% - 56%
5. Goldikova v Henrythenavigator - currently 100% - 0%
6. Yeats v Rachel Alexandra - currently 73% - 27%
7. Paco Boy v Rip Van Winkle - currently 45% - 55%
8. Zarkava v Duke of Marmalade - currently 59% - 41%

The pairings were decided by random ballot and Round 2 of the best Flat horse of the last 4 Years will continue tomorrow with the 8 victors from today's ballot pitched against each other.

The poll is on the Racing Post homepage www.racingpost.com (http://www.racingpost.com)

Back your US stars!!!

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Where's Thierry Henry? Ain't he in this World Cup thing?

Gorgeous George
06-09-2010, 10:44 AM
Where's Thierry Henry? Ain't he in this World Cup thing?

Who's Thierry Henry? :confused:

PhantomOnTour
06-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Who's Thierry Henry? :confused:
Ireland's favorite son.

Gorgeous George
06-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Ireland's favorite son.

Does he play Hurling or Gaelic?

MickJ26
06-09-2010, 11:51 AM
He's a French soccer player who committed one of the most obvious hand balls of all time which led to a goal that eliminated Ireland from World Cup qualifying.

Gorgeous George
06-10-2010, 04:24 AM
He's a French soccer player who committed one of the most obvious hand balls of all time which led to a goal that eliminated Ireland from World Cup qualifying.

Oh right, don’t follow soccer much to be honest but if you ask me something about Hurling or Gaelic that’s a different matter, anyway here's round two of the draw;

Zenyatta v Goldikova – currently 55% to 45%

Sea the Stars v New Approach – currently 80% to 20%

Zarkava v Dylan Thomas – currently 82% - 18%

Yeats v Rip Van Winkle – currently 91% to 9%

Interesting that Zenyatta has alot of support over Goldikova so far but that could change.

PhantomOnTour
06-10-2010, 10:04 AM
George, you can play off the Henry thing all you want, but you posted about how disgusted you were with him in another thread. You know exactly who he is. I'm sure the press in Ireland has made everyone within it's borders aware of who Thierry Henry is.

Your post from the 'Do You Have Hobbies Besides Horseracing' thread reads like this (and I qoute...loosely):

"I play a bit of soccer and follow it massively..."

Yet you claim not to know who Henry is!? Yeah George, he plays that sport Hurling you refer to...like he just Hurled Ireland outta the World Cup.

Gorgeous George
06-10-2010, 10:31 AM
George, you can play off the Henry thing all you want, but you posted about how disgusted you were with him in another thread. You know exactly who he is. I'm sure the press in Ireland has made everyone within it's borders aware of who Thierry Henry is.

Your post from the 'Do You Have Hobbies Besides Horseracing' thread reads like this (and I qoute...loosely):

"I play a bit of soccer and follow it massively..."

Yet you claim not to know who Henry is!? Yeah George, he plays that sport Hurling you refer to...like he just Hurled Ireland outta the World Cup.

Yeah i follow my sons local u-18's soccer club massively but anything outside of that i dont know. Which club does this Henry fella play for?

Kimsus
06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Rachel at 27%... If only she were a stock it would be the equivalent of BP on the ticker.

PhantomOnTour
06-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah i follow my sons local u-18's soccer club massively but anything outside of that i dont know. Which club does this Henry fella play for?
Ask your son. I am sure he will tell you ALLLLLLLL about Mr. Henry, but you know who he is already.

horses4courses
06-10-2010, 10:48 AM

I think that George is, as they might say in Ireland, "taking the mick", or "acting the eejit" here......

Oh, and by the way, this Racing Post exercise is a total waste of time, imo.

Gorgeous George
06-10-2010, 10:53 AM
Ask your son. I am sure he will tell you ALLLLLLLL about Mr. Henry, but you know who he is already.

i must ask him tonight, silly having a first name as your surname.

PaceAdvantage
06-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Rachel at 27%... If only she were a stock it would be the equivalent of BP on the ticker.Wow are you hurting for new material...