PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for and from new AND old time players?

kenwoodall2
06-08-2010, 06:23 PM
We need to list ideas for easy and workable across-the-board contests, discounts, freebies, promotions, added entertainment, ideas involving getting the attention of the general public of ALL AGES to come to live or OTB or website racing.
I say this because PA is getting threads and posts from more and more tracks!

tbwinner
06-08-2010, 06:35 PM
I second this, seems every major track is trying to reach out with the "social" aspect of racing - this should be something this site does to compile all that to attract new players.

kenwoodall2
06-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I'l start by advocating more intense marketing in languages for Latinos, Asians, and any other groups that are big on gambling.
I have rarely seen much at GGF or Ca fairs or notice on racing websites things in Spanish, Vietnamese, or other languages.

MNslappy
06-08-2010, 09:09 PM
CBY is offering free admission all summer this season.

Now there's a track that has heavily promoted their Thursday and Friday night racing specifically to try and lure a younger, fresher crowd. With pretty good success actually, you go there on one of those nights and the majority of the crowds are under 40 and pretty rowdy. It's kind of a party atmosphere, beer specials, food specials, bands after the races, lots of young ladies walking around showing themselves off.

Unfortunately the takeout rate is still horrible....

thaskalos
06-08-2010, 09:43 PM
CBY is offering free admission all summer this season.

Now there's a track that has heavily promoted their Thursday and Friday night racing specifically to try and lure a younger, fresher crowd. With pretty good success actually, you go there on one of those nights and the majority of the crowds are under 40 and pretty rowdy. It's kind of a party atmosphere, beer specials, food specials, bands after the races, lots of young ladies walking around showing themselves off.

Unfortunately the takeout rate is still horrible.... All the tracks are busy trying to attract the "younger, fresher crowd." The older, stale, tired crowd has become an afterthought...