PDA

View Full Version : HRTV ---- What happened to coverage of races ???

big frank
06-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Why has hrtv stopped showing races ???? 12.30 The Mane Event ,,, 1.00 Palm Partnership training ,, 1.30 Monty Roberts ,, 2.00 A Riders story ,, 2.30 Riding High America ,, 3.00 Horsetalk,, 3.30 Horsing Around the world ,, 4.00 For the love of horses,, 4.30 AL DUNNING ,, WTF ? doesnt HRTV stand for HORSE/RACING/TELEVISION ?????????????????????????????????????

andymays
06-08-2010, 01:13 PM
They're probably making more money showing that stuff.

gheuks
06-08-2010, 01:29 PM
I guess TVG isn't so bad after all

ldiatone
06-08-2010, 04:51 PM
Why has hrtv stopped showing races ???? 12.30 The Mane Event ,,, 1.00 Palm Partnership training ,, 1.30 Monty Roberts ,, 2.00 A Riders story ,, 2.30 Riding High America ,, 3.00 Horsetalk,, 3.30 Horsing Around the world ,, 4.00 For the love of horses,, 4.30 AL DUNNING ,, WTF ? doesnt HRTV stand for HORSE/RACING/TELEVISION ?????????????????????????????????????
hey big frank, i agree with you 135.5%! they show horse sales and what about the horses tring to keep the calves or cows in a group....whats that called? I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I PAY FOR THIS CHANEL :bang:

kenwoodall2
06-08-2010, 05:14 PM
"~NOTIFICATION OF PROGRAMMING CHANGE ON TUESDAYS: beginnging Tuesday, June 8 HRTV will not broadcast racing. Tuesdays will be Equestrian content. See our schedule for full programming line-up!"

Racing bigshots are getting bored with Mon-Tues racing!
What % of foals born are TBred? 10%?

andicap
06-09-2010, 04:37 AM
As a practical measure I would assume it was not profitable for HRTV to air live races on the days when the schedule is thin. First and foremost they are a business after all and need to turn a profit.

So to the question: Do viewers/horseplayers come first to HRTV (or TVG)? NO. The company's shareholders, (or parent company), are the top priority.

Tom
06-09-2010, 07:33 AM
All the more reason to drop both from Dish, as I have written them to suggest.

Perhaps a real horse racing channel could replace the two imposters.
Or Cartoon Network 2.......that would still give employment opportunity to Dingbat Matt.

toussaud
06-09-2010, 10:22 AM
I can understand teh rationale from a busienss standpoint

when they show live racing from tracks, someone has to be in the office, probably more than 1 someone, i took a video communications class in high school, you would need someone controlling the audio, someone controlling the different feeds, and a director at the very least. that's overhead all day long for tracks that no one gives a shit about.

come on man let's be real.

if you are wagering on finger lakes, YOU ARE FREAKING HARD CORE. finger lakes is a hard core track, and you have an ADW account.

yesterday i just popped up my adw accounta nd watched the feed.

andicap
06-09-2010, 11:18 AM
All the more reason to drop both from Dish, as I have written them to suggest.

Perhaps a real horse racing channel could replace the two imposters.
Or Cartoon Network 2.......that would still give employment opportunity to Dingbat Matt.

Yeah, Tom, but everyone knows you're never happy about ANYTHING. :lol:

Tom
06-09-2010, 11:26 AM
I can understand teh rationale from a busienss standpoint

when they show live racing from tracks, someone has to be in the office, probably more than 1 someone, i took a video communications class in high school, you would need someone controlling the audio, someone controlling the different feeds, and a director at the very least. that's overhead all day long for tracks that no one gives a shit about.

come on man let's be real.

if you are wagering on finger lakes, YOU ARE FREAKING HARD CORE. finger lakes is a hard core track, and you have an ADW account.

yesterday i just popped up my adw accounta nd watched the feed.

Yes, and that works well the other 6 days, too.
So HRTV is unnecessary.

And, if you live in NYS you cannot watch FL live anywhere.
Or bet it, mostly.

Tom
06-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Yeah, Tom, but everyone knows you're never happy about ANYTHING. :lol:

I was happy with that keg of coffee! :D