PDA

View Full Version : Today may be TVG's BEST day ever

SansuiSC
06-08-2010, 12:45 PM
Nothing but track feeds.

No nonsense babble or inflated selections by on air people.

Enjoy it while it's there.

WJ47
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
I think this is the 3rd time this has happened in a week. One day last week, they had no internet access. Mondays and Tuesdays (No Tolerance Tuesday!) are one of my favorite days to watch TVG because Rich Perloff is on and I enjoy it when he reads the emails from viewers and comments on them. I think he is probably the best handicapper on TVG; I can't understand why they don't give him more coverage on the big tracks.

SansuiSC
06-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Rich Perloff is the best TV personality there hands down. Treats beginners and experienced players the same, with RESPECT. I watch him both Monday and Tuesday and his is a good handicapper. I just don't know if he adds to his tickets because management tells him to.
His "tool box" and "archeology" angles are interesting.

It fills the void and on Wednesday through Sunday I only watch NYRA live.

It is a pleasure to watch just the track feeds without all the fluff though although I have that on the OTB channel here in NY in quad screen.

garyoz
06-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Since Betfair bought TVG they are only touts--and not very smart touts. I'll take the Lemon Drop Kid anyday.

I have been very impressed with the Twinspires feed. I had an improvement locally when the cable company dropped a new line from the pole to my house. The bandwidth is great. True, the weekend video slows down owing to peak load demand on Twinspires, but I find it acceptable. I find little reason to listen/watch TVG. I literally have to turn from my computer to the TV to watch their standard broadcast feed on a HDTV screen, but often find Twinspires better than a standard broadcast on a HDTV format.

TVG is just marketing to the lemmings and the lonely. Kind of pitiful.

BlueShoe
06-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Just like last Wednesday.:ThmbUp: I too like RP, but other than that, the only complaint, a mild one, is that I do not care for the background music now inserted between races. Perhaps something a little more sedate, not the soft rock? Enjoy it while we can, with a huge Pick 6 carryover at Belmont the hosts will be pushing hard tomorrow to get those bets in and get your share of the riches.

AZWrobel
06-08-2010, 06:04 PM
Cant beat it today! Nothing but the races, not to mention good ol Yavapai! ;)

GaryG
06-08-2010, 06:09 PM
I am sure house man Bombs Away Bob will weigh in with a dissenting opinion, extolling the virtues and handicapping abilities :eek: of the talking heads.

Zydeco
06-08-2010, 08:19 PM
The Grateful Dead as background music........showing the races!!! now this is a horse racing channel

GaryG
06-08-2010, 08:28 PM
The Weather Channel sometimes uses Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Floyd. Now that is some good stuff....:jump: :jump:

lamboguy
06-08-2010, 09:03 PM
this is the best i have seen from TVG in a long time, perloff was not checking the show pools today. no tool box plays, no trouble trips, nothing. it was a great and relaxing tuesday today and i got to see more races. if i were TVG i would consider more of this type programing. i am sure most people would love it, and they might get more business in the long run.

one more thing, the music they have been playing is real good too. i want to deeply commend the person responsible for this programing. it was truly great.

thank you TVG

Hedevar
06-08-2010, 09:14 PM
The Weather Channel sometimes uses Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Floyd. Now that is some good stuff....:jump: :jump:

I've been a Van Morrison fan for over 40 years. The Tupelo Honey album can't be beat. Can't get enough of I want to roo you. Used to live in FLA.

sandpit
06-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Right on...TWC website lists all the tunes they play during the Local on the 8's:

http://www.weather.com/tv/music/

thespaah
06-08-2010, 10:25 PM
Nothing but track feeds.

No nonsense babble or inflated selections by on air people.

Enjoy it while it's there.Yeah, but that music is incredibly bad....

BombsAway Bob
06-08-2010, 10:31 PM
I am sure house man Bombs Away Bob will weigh in with a dissenting opinion, extolling the virtues and handicapping abilities :eek: of the talking heads.
While i dig the TALKING HEADS, the Dead music was cool tonite :cool:
(actually, i axted them to use the Mountain audio feed...)

http://community.tvg.com/t5/TVG-Viewer-Mailbox/Mountaineer-Audio-or-The-Dead-Pass-the-Mickey/td-p/186822 (http://community.tvg.com/t5/TVG-Viewer-Mailbox/Mountaineer-Audio-or-The-Dead-Pass-the-Mickey/td-p/186822)

JustRalph
06-08-2010, 10:56 PM
I've been a Van Morrison fan for over 40 years. The Tupelo Honey album can't be beat. Can't get enough of I want to roo you. Used to live in FLA.

If you have Itunes, there is a new version of the Title Cut (Tupelo Honey) that has been remastered..........sounds great..........6:55 seconds of good stuff.....

pandy
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
I enjoy Monday's and Tuesdays with Perloff, who is very good. But overall I agree that both HRTV and TVG should show as many races as possible and talk less.

Hedevar
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
If you have Itunes, there is a new version of the Title Cut (Tupelo Honey) that has been remastered..........sounds great..........6:55 seconds of good stuff.....

Thanks Ralph I'll check it out.

BlueShoe
06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
one more thing, the music they have been playing is real good too. i want to deeply commend the person responsible for this programing. it was truly great.
Not if you are older than middle aged. Given a choice though, will take the irritating rock music rather than the endless babble of the hosts. Volume on mute or very low until race time or the track host came on screen worked fine. Perhaps we could persuade TVG to schedule silent days as a regular feature? Naw, we should be so lucky.