PDA

View Full Version : Contest Idea

Bubbles
08-01-2003, 09:24 PM
Hey all...

Why don't we hold a contest for those people who are coming up to Saratoga in late-August? Here's the fine points...

-$1,000 bankroll that you use any way you wish
-Only use it at Saratoga
-No fictional ATM. When you're busted, you're gone.
-Whoever wins most (or loses less) by the time the trip is over wins.

This could apply to everyone going up there, even for just a day. Whaddya all think?

Zaf
08-01-2003, 09:29 PM
Not sure if I can make it to Saratoga, but I would like to play in such a contest.

ZAFONIC

Suff
08-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
Not sure if I can make it to Saratoga, but I would like to play in such a contest.

ZAFONIC

I hope you can carve out a visit Z. It'd be nice to have you.

Zaf
08-01-2003, 10:13 PM
Thanks Suff, I'll do my best !

ZAFONIC

Bubbles
08-03-2003, 09:08 PM
O.K. Who is interested in this idea?

SandyE
08-04-2003, 04:37 PM
The visit to the Spa sounds great but not the money amount. hehehe
Besides I suck at 'capping anyway, except on track so to speak. I do better at the races then just reading the form. Gee I ought to show you what I mean. I'll post picks for either the Spa or Monmouth over in the betting side, tay?:D

Bubbles
08-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Whatever you wanna do is fine by me. I'm down $5.60 after the weekend, so I'm not exactly gonna be seen strutting down Rodeo Drive, ya know?:D

SandyE
08-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Bobbles I know what you mean:D
even my golf game could/can tell people that. hehehe
But I think I've started to pull it together as far as my swing is concerned. So the two races via tv that is from both the Spa and Monmouth and I thought both horses did quite well to make up the ground they did, considering how far back they were in the beginning of their respective races. I think Funny Cide was trying to duck out from his bit, but then again it's how it's used could be the problem. I don't know the reason but I doubt it was the surface FC couldn't handle, in fact he appeared to me to handle it just fine. :cool:

Bubbles
08-05-2003, 02:34 PM
Here's how I see it:

HASKELL-There was no way on Earth Funny Cide was catching Peace Rules. He ran huge. But it appeared that FC was running the way he did in the Derby: Laying off the pace. With PR and Sky Mesa running at the moderate clip they did, there was no catching them.

JIM DANDY-There's no way around it. Empire Maker is not a good rater. He prefers to stalk the pace and pounce around the turn. Strong Hope did run well, but there is only one way he can get ten furlongs: If there is no other early speed in the field.

SandyE
08-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Sorry Bubbles if I had been paying closer attention I would have seen your name is spelled with an o and with an u. Silly me eh?:D

Tom
08-05-2003, 10:10 PM
I look at the lack of early speed as a big negative-I have seen a lot of major stars show this pattern-usually press the pace, but suddenly unusually far back early, even though they rally and win or lose close, the sign is that the form is going south.
I think the one who will improve the most off this week's races is Sky Messa - nice tightener, should have a foundation to build on. I look for him to run big on the 23rd.

Bubbles
08-06-2003, 10:17 AM
The Haskell was SM's second start off a long layoff. I looked for him to improve, and he did. The Travers will be his third start off said layoff, and while he might improve a little, I don't count on him beating EM, or FC if he runs.

Bubbles
08-06-2003, 01:17 PM
O.K., thread got a little sidetracked, but I'm gonna right this ship. Who wants in on the contest?