PDA

View Full Version : They are missing a golden opportunity

Foolish Pleasure
06-08-2010, 12:32 PM
The tracks are missing a golden opportunity right now.

Have an odd convergence of things that would lead to an immense increase in handle if they would dramatically cut takeout.

The boost would be much higher right now than usual,

have the convergence of gambling being more socially accepted than ever,
and the prohibition like stance of the federal government towards online poker and sportsbetting.

in simple english have a lot of people who have been exposed to gambling
currently in the market for something competitive to bet.

Much moreso than at anytime in the past that I can think of, poker was tough before the federal crackdown, now if you don't approach it like a business have almost no chance.

if the tracks were to universally hack their takeouts down to something competitive it would naturally attract these people in droves right now.

they would be leveraging their federally protected monopoly for online gambling and it seems this window is closing.

thaskalos
06-08-2010, 12:43 PM
What you say makes alot of sense, so...obviously...the racing industry won't go for it...

jamey1977
06-08-2010, 02:47 PM
What is this takeout junk? That's all I hear. My deal is 25 percent winners at 10 dollars average. What takeout is affected? I bet 70 plays a month on one circuit only and I win 25 percent wins. 17 wins times 10 dollars. 170. For 140. Plus 30 dollars. 150 dollars to win. 2300 dollars a month profit. I achieve the goal, eventually. I might have to go into the next month. I mean what is this crap about takeout.? Make a profit, and you have nothing to worry about. How many of you players are betting 3 million just to break even for a 6 percent rebate. ? I was always for Win betting. I still can't understand why it's ignored. Exactas are where the money is. ? At closer look , it definitely isn't. A 10 percent net.? I mean who the hell wants that.? My horses come in and my R.O.I. is 35 to 40 percent and that's just on an average month. Don't let the idiots take any more take-out. They have taken enough. But don't make it you're whole life. You want a lousy 10 percent net? Bet to Win and get a 30 percent net. Stick with one circuit only. Like one of my gambling friends told me." Why the hell play 10 circuits when you can't even win on one. Every circuit is like a woman. One is enough." I never forgot that. The emphasis should be on increasing R.O.I. and it all comes down to winning. Another guy said " Yeah, when I bet 100 to win on a 7 to 1 and the horse wins in a romp .That's 100 percent takeout, into my wallet. " Win. Win, Win

Bettowin
06-08-2010, 03:01 PM
What is this takeout junk? That's all I hear. My deal is 25 percent winners at 10 dollars average. What takeout is affected? I bet 70 plays a month on one circuit only and I win 25 percent wins. 17 wins times 10 dollars. 170. For 140. Plus 30 dollars. 150 dollars to win. 2300 dollars a month profit. I achieve the goal, eventually. I might have to go into the next month. I mean what is this crap about takeout.? Make a profit, and you have nothing to worry about. How many of you players are betting 3 million just to break even for a 6 percent rebate. ? I was always for Win betting. I still can't understand why it's ignored. Exactas are where the money is. ? At closer look , it definitely isn't. A 10 percent net.? I mean who the hell wants that.? My horses come in and my R.O.I. is 35 to 40 percent and that's just on an average month. Don't let the idiots take any more take-out. They have taken enough. But don't make it you're whole life. You want a lousy 10 percent net? Bet to Win and get a 30 percent net. Stick with one circuit only. Like one of my gambling friends told me." Why the hell play 10 circuits when you can't even win on one. Every circuit is like a woman. One is enough." I never forgot that. The emphasis should be on increasing R.O.I. and it all comes down to winning. Another guy said " Yeah, when I bet 100 to win on a 7 to 1 and the horse wins in a romp .That's 100 percent takeout, into my wallet. " Win. Win, Win

Wouldn't this guy want 8-1 instead of 7-1? I hear ya on the takeout. It doesn't affect those who can't cash a ticket:) I don't stress takeout but when I do hit a nice ticket I think about how much more $$ I would get if takeout wasn't so damn high.

thaskalos
06-08-2010, 03:20 PM
What is this takeout junk? That's all I hear. My deal is 25 percent winners at 10 dollars average. What takeout is affected? I bet 70 plays a month on one circuit only and I win 25 percent wins. 17 wins times 10 dollars. 170. For 140. Plus 30 dollars. 150 dollars to win. 2300 dollars a month profit. I achieve the goal, eventually. I might have to go into the next month. I mean what is this crap about takeout.? Make a profit, and you have nothing to worry about. How many of you players are betting 3 million just to break even for a 6 percent rebate. ? I was always for Win betting. I still can't understand why it's ignored. Exactas are where the money is. ? At closer look , it definitely isn't. A 10 percent net.? I mean who the hell wants that.? My horses come in and my R.O.I. is 35 to 40 percent and that's just on an average month. Don't let the idiots take any more take-out. They have taken enough. But don't make it you're whole life. You want a lousy 10 percent net? Bet to Win and get a 30 percent net. Stick with one circuit only. Like one of my gambling friends told me." Why the hell play 10 circuits when you can't even win on one. Every circuit is like a woman. One is enough." I never forgot that. The emphasis should be on increasing R.O.I. and it all comes down to winning. Another guy said " Yeah, when I bet 100 to win on a 7 to 1 and the horse wins in a romp .That's 100 percent takeout, into my wallet. " Win. Win, Win Are you a comedian? If not...you should be!

2low
06-08-2010, 03:57 PM

Worst post in the history of the internet.

Robert Goren
06-08-2010, 04:14 PM
What is this takeout junk? That's all I hear. My deal is 25 percent winners at 10 dollars average. What takeout is affected? I bet 70 plays a month on one circuit only and I win 25 percent wins. 17 wins times 10 dollars. 170. For 140. Plus 30 dollars. 150 dollars to win. 2300 dollars a month profit. I achieve the goal, eventually. I might have to go into the next month. I mean what is this crap about takeout.? Make a profit, and you have nothing to worry about. How many of you players are betting 3 million just to break even for a 6 percent rebate. ? I was always for Win betting. I still can't understand why it's ignored. Exactas are where the money is. ? At closer look , it definitely isn't. A 10 percent net.? I mean who the hell wants that.? My horses come in and my R.O.I. is 35 to 40 percent and that's just on an average month. Don't let the idiots take any more take-out. They have taken enough. But don't make it you're whole life. You want a lousy 10 percent net? Bet to Win and get a 30 percent net. Stick with one circuit only. Like one of my gambling friends told me." Why the hell play 10 circuits when you can't even win on one. Every circuit is like a woman. One is enough." I never forgot that. The emphasis should be on increasing R.O.I. and it all comes down to winning. Another guy said " Yeah, when I bet 100 to win on a 7 to 1 and the horse wins in a romp .That's 100 percent takeout, into my wallet. " Win. Win, WinSounds like a horseman try to pass themselves off as a better. Straight out of monmouth park thread.

JustRalph
06-08-2010, 04:59 PM
I pass it off to age..... betting he was born in 77 and went to Public school

rwwupl
06-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Are you a comedian? If not...you should be!

Must be one who feeds off the take,or screwball number one. :D

sandpit
06-08-2010, 09:56 PM
I pass it off to age..... betting he was born in 77 and went to Public school

Ralph, your avatar is my favorite in the history of my time on this board.:ThmbUp:

gregrph
06-08-2010, 11:38 PM
[QUOTE=jamey1977]What is this takeout junk? That's all I hear.

Jamey,
"Takeout" is the percent of each bet that the state keeps from each bet off the top. For example, according to this chart ( http://www.horseplayersassociation.org/hanatrackratingsbytrackname.html ), New York tracks (Aqu, Bel, Sar) have a win-place-show takeout of 16%. $0.16 of every $1.00 bet goes to the state. The other $0.84 gets returned to the bettors. The exacta takeout is 21%-even less money is returned for payouts. 26% for trifectas! It in effect "costs" you more to place an exotic bet than a wps bet. Smaller takeout would equal larger payouts to the bettors. Hope this helps.

rastajenk
06-08-2010, 11:49 PM
I doubt it will. However, for your edification, not all the take goes to the state. The track and the horsemen got to eat, too.

Horseplayersbet.com
06-09-2010, 07:35 AM
I doubt it will. However, for your edification, not all the take goes to the state. The track and the horsemen got to eat, too.
Very little goes to the state. It is between 0-2%. In California, I believe it is zero, in Ontario it is 1.3%. Because horse racing is deemed important when it comes to job creation and farming, it tends to get many breaks from state taxes in most jurisdictions, and those that have slots tend to tax the slots earning more than bets made on horses.