PDA

View Full Version : USTA open Position

my_nameaintearl
06-07-2010, 11:27 PM
The U.S. Trotting Association is seeking a Director of Communications. The ideal candidate would possess knowledge and extensive experience in print and electronic publishing, audio and video production, and web services. The position involves supervising staff and budgets, develop and execute marketing plans for all USTA products, interacting with vendors, organizations and decision-makers. Excellent writing skills, including experience in writing press releases, annual reports, articles, advertisements and speeches required. Knowledge and experience with social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr) required, as well as experience in photo editing (Photoshop) and document-design programs (In Design) a plus. The position also encourages familiarity working with local and national media, web and media trends expertise, and experience handling sensitive and confidential issues. Comprehensive understanding of harness racing is a must.

Candidates must have a bachelor's degree in communications or a related field and be willing to relocate to Columbus, Ohio. Evenings and weekend work, and some travel expected.

Applicants should send an introductory cover letter and résumé to Rini Moskos, Human Resources Manager, 750 Michigan Ave., Columbus, OH 43215, or email moskos@ustrotting.com.

wilderness
06-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Pardon my naive intrusion!

Might there be some logic as to why you posted that here?

my_nameaintearl
06-08-2010, 06:19 PM
Pardon my naive intrusion!

Might there be some logic as to why you posted that here?

Everyone always talks about trying to help the sport. i saw an open position there and posted it for others.

kenwoodall2
06-08-2010, 08:43 PM
With all the requirements, hopefully mostly Directing!!
At least the "other breeds" have central PR offices!! :jump: