PDA

View Full Version : Books on Harnessracing

JWD
06-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Question ... are there any good plain easy to understand books on handycapping harness racing out there ... also are there sites where there's free harness track PP's like TB's have on whobet,Brisnet,and DRF to name a few ??? ... other than the Canadian tracks which I get. ... any help would be appreciated, I follow Pocono, Meadowlands, Flamboro and Grand River... tho the otb where I go doesn't carry those Canadian tracks. ... JWD

wilderness
06-07-2010, 11:12 PM
This 2005 article by Tim Bojarski (http://xwebapp.ustrotting.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=8711&z=19) lists many previously published books.

There are multiple threads here at PA on what harness tracks offer free PP's.
Search the archives.

trying2win
06-08-2010, 03:13 AM
Fraser Downs, Rideau Carleton Raceway, and Windsor Raceway offer free, past performance harness programs on their websites.

One can read some very good harness handicapping material for free online at:

http://www.handicappingharness.com/

--Just scroll down the page a bit till you arrive at the title "AL STANLEY SUNDAY". There you can read the articles from 64 issues of Al Stanley's HARNESS HANDICAPPING NEWSLETTERS (actually it's 63 issues at present...they're missing issue No. 63). Just go to the bottom of the home page, and find the arrow button if you want to backtrack to HHN issue No.1, and start from the first issue.

T2W

Ray2000
06-08-2010, 05:35 AM
I don't know of any US tracks offering free pps like some Canadian tracks do. Best price is probably Youbet.com's 6 line format for 75¢. Requires an account and sometimes they have special offers for Harness Programs for new sign-ups.

offtrack
06-08-2010, 05:39 AM
The best book I ever read for harness handicapping is Bob Pandolfo's Diamond System, a pencil and paper system.

mirror Image
06-08-2010, 06:11 AM
You can get some free progams , go to about.com
and in the search type "free harness racing programs.
Also Buffalo used to have them if you signed up for free.

SchagFactorToWin
06-08-2010, 08:22 AM
Also Buffalo used to have them if you signed up for free.

Buffalo does still have them for free.

JWD
06-08-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks for all the information, now to download and absorbe the info ... again thanks ... John

Trotman
06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Quite possibly the best book on Harness Racing is the one not published yet.

wilderness
06-09-2010, 12:10 AM
Signing up (before the enf of the week) for the Trackmaster Contest (http://www.trackmaster.com/contest/) will get you some free PP's and other Trackmaster products during the contest.

In the past and for the firsy two Saturdays, they've offered every north american track racing.

trying2win
06-09-2010, 01:52 AM
In my experience, the best two books I've ever read on handicapping harness races were:

1. AL STANLEY'S PROFESSIONAL METHOD (1991 edition)

2. PROFESSIONAL HARNESS BETTING by Barry Meadow

T2W

LottaKash
06-09-2010, 02:53 AM
In my experience, the best two books I've ever read on handicapping harness races were:

1. AL STANLEY'S PROFESSIONAL METHOD (1991 edition) :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :cool:

2. PROFESSIONAL HARNESS BETTING by Barry Meadow :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp::cool:

T2W

Yep..:cool:

andicap
06-09-2010, 04:31 AM
check out kimstarr.org. Practically a book as (I believe his name is Steve) has written numerous chapters on handicapping. A very detailed, intelligent look at the game though be forewarned: To use his methods requires a bit of homework on the player's part. (A lot of digging into charts, for example).

LottaKash
06-09-2010, 10:03 AM
check out kimstarr.org. Practically a book as (I believe his name is Steve) has written numerous chapters on handicapping. A very detailed, intelligent look at the game though be forewarned: To use his methods requires a bit of homework on the player's part. (A lot of digging into charts, for example).

Another good one andicap :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :cool: .......That guy is a hoot....He is another winning guy that believes in the power of "shape"....Good shape, that is....Without it, you are just gambling, imo...

best,