PDA

View Full Version : I Want Revenge may return in Suburban

andymays
06-07-2010, 05:41 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/113686.html

Excerpt:

"That horse is doing good," Dutrow said over the weekend. "I hope he stays this way. The game needs another good one and he is a good one.'"

On Saturday morning, I Want Revenge was credited with a half-mile workout in 48.78 seconds at Aqueduct. Dutrow said the work was actually a five-furlong move, which would have been his second five-furlong drill and sixth work since joining Dutrow's barn earlier in the year.

"He's doing it all the right way," Dutrow said. "It seems like he's ready to run tomorrow. I'm very happy with him. I hope he stays this way for a long, long time."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see this guy come back and run to his potential. ;)

classhandicapper
06-07-2010, 06:54 PM
I hope he comes back well also.

I've been hoping that either IWR or Summer Bird would come back, but Summer Bird was retired in the last week or so after an xray showed some problems. One out of two isn't bad, but the Suburban sounds like a ridiculously difficult spot to start off a new campaign after that long a layoff.

46zilzal
06-07-2010, 06:55 PM
Wonder if the injury has altered his late late running style. Have often found that energy wise they really change after injury to much earlier.

ghostyapper
06-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Why did they cut back the distance on this race? Now belmont does not even have a 10 furlong dirt race!!

andtheyreoff
06-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Why did they cut back the distance on this race? Now belmont does not even have a 10 furlong dirt race!!

I actually agree with you on something! :faint: :faint:

Although there is still there is the JCGC.

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
10f races at Belmont aren't good imo, they start on the turn and any outside posts are at a big disadvantage. Ofcourse, any 1m1/4 race these days will only have 5-6 horses so no one is outside, really.

andtheyreoff
06-08-2010, 03:56 PM
10f races at Belmont aren't good imo, they start on the turn and any outside posts are at a big disadvantage. Ofcourse, any 1m1/4 race these days will only have 5-6 horses so no one is outside, really.

You make a valid point about the turns, however, your second claim is not based in fact. The last 3 stakes at 1 1/4 in SoCal have had 14, 12, and 13 horses.

PhantomOnTour
06-08-2010, 04:01 PM
You make a valid point about the turns, however, your second claim is not based in fact. The last 3 stakes at 1 1/4 in SoCal have had 14, 12, and 13 horses.
Heard that 14, 12, and 13 horses...I should have specified that any dirt race at Belmont at 10f will have a small field, at least lately.

joanied
06-08-2010, 04:21 PM
I can't wait :jump: ...wonder who else is nominated?

ghostyapper
06-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I should have specified that any dirt race at Belmont at 10f will have a small field, at least lately.

I know it's been worse lately but last year's suburban and jcgc were both full fields. I don't think they'd have a problem getting at least 7 for a 10 furlong G2