PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Race Course Lowers Takeout

Otis11
06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Buried deep inside an email the track sent out promoting the Belmont and opening day was the notice that Pinnacle Race Course has lowered all exotic takeout (except trifecta) from 27% to a more respectable 20%.

It baffles me why they have not promoted this, or anything else at the track, outside of an email. Nothing on the website, no Facebook posting, nothing.

I know PNL is small potatoes and they're only running Saturday and Sunday this season, but if you're someone who is calling for reduced takeout why not make a play or two on the track to show your support.

:11:

highrider
06-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Buried deep inside an email the track sent out promoting the Belmont and opening day was the notice that Pinnacle Race Course has lowered all exotic takeout (except trifecta) from 27% to a more respectable 20%.

It baffles me why they have not promoted this, or anything else at the track, outside of an email. Nothing on the website, no Facebook posting, nothing.

I know PNL is small potatoes and they're only running Saturday and Sunday this season, but if you're someone who is calling for reduced takeout why not make a play or two on the track to show your support.

Your 100% correct. The place Can't find or maintain the interest of horse players. The project is way behind and powers that be don't seem to give a squat. My sad predition.. Soon will be another housing project or Just a empty building ..Kinda like Jackson with harness..Big uproar about that closing also..Not ..Both will more than likely be OTBs with slots in the long run.

rwwupl
06-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I must admit, that I do not even know where Pinnacle Race Track is. It seems that the reality of economics has been brought to their attention. I hope the point is not lost on the beancounters who run our tracks.

I am pleased that they are seeing fit to lower the take from 27%to 20%, I'm sure just to help out the fans. But wait... 20%?

Thats like going from obscene to just maximum.. but I guess we should be thankful for anything.

Any Racetrack that is in financial trouble and does not want to compete with other forms of gambling in terms of cost of the bet does not deserve to survive or have my support.

The People love Horse Racing... Give us our game back.

Any other Race Track Managers listening?

michiken
06-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Pinnacle Race Course (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=pinnacle+race+course+new+boston,+mi) is just south of Detroit Metro Airport.

therussmeister
06-07-2010, 07:00 PM
Yesterday (Sunday) they handled about $72,000 on a nine race card. :jump:

Otis11
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
It seems that the reality of economics has been brought to their attention. I hope the point is not lost on the beancounters who run our tracks.

I am pleased that they are seeing fit to lower the take from 27%to 20%, I'm sure just to help out the fans. But wait... 20%?
According to the email, it was the HANA group ranking them nearly worst. So, a big shout-out goes to the HANA folks.

I think you'll find that a 20% exacta, P3, and P4 is a bit below the average for those wagers. The W/P/S take-out is regulated by the State and 17% and is WAY too high for me. Still, even with the small pools in the P3 and P4 there is some great value to be found.

JohnGalt1
06-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I believe it's a bullring. For a fairly new track, It's surprising they didn't build a mile track.

Don't you just love it when horses blow the sharp turns?

Otis11
06-07-2010, 09:24 PM
I believe it's a bullring. For a fairly new track, It's surprising they didn't build a mile track.
Nope. It's a mile +. They wanted to do a one turn mile but fell about a 1/16 short because of real-estate. I know they're biased, but the horsemen here and the ones who have visited all rave about the surface. It's 100% dirt! Where are all the anti synthetic people? I think in the first two years they've only had like 3 breakdowns, at least that I can remember.

BIG HIT
06-07-2010, 09:25 PM
From start way over priced last time and not going back anytime soon.In dineing area cover for table they cover charged by set $20.00 per set When northville is free or couple bucks.Hazelpark the same compared to those two track they rip you off on everything DRC brfore becomeing a mall had much nicer club house.What were they tinking from the grt go.?No wonder there only raceing two day a week.Couple years another mall

JohnGalt1
06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Nope. It's a mile +. They wanted to do a one turn mile but fell about a 1/16 short because of real-estate. I know they're biased, but the horsemen here and the ones who have visited all rave about the surface. It's 100% dirt! Where are all the anti synthetic people? I think in the first two years they've only had like 3 breakdowns, at least that I can remember.

Thanks for the correction.

I assummed it was a 6f track because the par times are so slow.

Otis11
06-07-2010, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the correction.

I assummed it was a 6f track because the par times are so slow.
It's Michigan! Would you expect anything better? :)

lamboguy
06-07-2010, 09:41 PM
what difference does the loweing of the takeout going to mean? they charge 20%, you get 2% rebate, you are still paying 18% to make your bets there.

penn national charges 17% for wps, you can get back 9%, it only cost you 8% to make the bet, and if you are a big player you can do slightly better. and you are facing much bigger pools at penn.

now if pinnacle would dump their association with the tracknet, and give out legit rebates for their product, you might have something there. you can count on a significant drop in handle there even with the drop of takeout.

CBedo
06-07-2010, 09:42 PM
Last year when I was in Detroit, I made a trip there, and although they have pictures of the grand plans for the project and the the whole area, it didn't seem like they were moving forward with anything. The small main building actually seemed like a great little otb with bar and lots of tvs, but the track itself barely even had an odds board, and you could only hear the feed inside on the tvs; outside it was almost inaudbile. It seemed to me that the track was there only to try to distribute the signal, not get people there for sure.

Otis11
06-07-2010, 09:48 PM
From start way over priced last time and not going back anytime soon.
For sake of disclosure, I have no official connection with PNL other then I am somewhat of a regular and want to see the place succeed.

You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that. However, for the benefit of people who have not visited I would like to offer a rebuttal.

Yes, PNL does have a cover charge for table seating and kiosks during live racing only. And, yes it is quite higher then what you will pay if you visit Hazel Park or Northville during their live program. However, PNL has very limited table and kiosk seating; everything else is free. They have plentiful staff to attend to you and I'm sure the track wants to make sure that people don't just "park" at the tables costing them the expense of a waitstaff. At PNL, if you choose to take a table or kiosk you will be treated to a very curteous waitress, drinks in real glasses, and a meal that is quite good. Three things I have found severely lacking at HP and NVD.

Also, at PNL all of the televisions are state of the art flat screens. Another item you will find lacking at HP and NVD.

Is the place perfect? Far from it. The sound system needs a LOT of work, there is a serious lack of regular restrooms, promotion that is non existent, management that seems to be more concerned with the horsemen then fans at times, and with no grandstand seating the view of the backstretch is limited. However, from a customer service and fan experience I will take PNL over HP or NVD any day.

Otis11
06-07-2010, 09:50 PM
now if pinnacle would dump their association with the tracknet, and give out legit rebates for their product, you might have something there. you can count on a significant drop in handle there even with the drop of takeout.
I believe their contract with Tracknet either expired this year or will expire after this year. I'll be there on Wednesday and find out for sure.

By the way, I'm a regular Penn Natl player via Twinspires. How do I go about getting those rebates?

Otis11
06-07-2010, 09:53 PM
... it didn't seem like they were moving forward with anything.
Right after they went live, the economy took a nose dive and this area was hit very hard. So, a lot of the short term plans have been put on hold. I've been hearing some serious, substantiated rumors, that something big will be happening within the year. Stay tuned.

lamboguy
06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
I believe their contract with Tracknet either expired this year or will expire after this year. I'll be there on Wednesday and find out for sure.

By the way, I'm a regular Penn Natl player via Twinspires. How do I go about getting those rebates?

:11:they have a few places that adverise right on this board that will help you out. i think the guy that is pretty good here is horseplayers.com, but there are others that are good too that advertise here.

BIG HIT
06-08-2010, 08:47 AM
As you say service is probably and in fact far ahead of hazelpark and a little better nvd food never had a bad meal stake at hazel very good and the shrimp was terrific at nvd.They just don't have very many pluses and when i say a i thought was pit's like hazel as far as service parimutal clerk the experience i have had unbeleveable.But one thing is both trk's closer and faster to get two not to mention use less gas plus they only offer the same live race's we got at hazel and little less than Drc as they had michigan mile.So the small guy is not completely stuiped otis there is no reason to go extra dist this only my point of view and i know and respect your view sir.
I assume you live fairly close to pin why you are little more for giving.I was 10min from drc maybe 20min from hazel and nvd.probably why little more for giveing myself.

Otis11
06-08-2010, 09:08 AM
I assume you live fairly close to pin why you are little more for giving....
Actually, I live near Brighton. I could easily have a shorter drive to NVD, HP, and even Swartz Creek. I just prefer PNL.

kenwoodall2
06-08-2010, 06:18 PM
In the past weeks PA has seen PNL loiwer takeout, and several tracks come to PA members to ask for ideas to help promote racing. Permanently lowering takeout is always a good idea and I am surprised to any negatives in this thread. I am asking that PA posters refrain from negative comments about this track in this 1 thread. Thank you!

SMOO
06-09-2010, 08:23 AM
Good for them, every little move in the right direction helps. :ThmbUp: