PDA

View Full Version : CELTICS

crestridge
06-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Celtics take one away from the Lakers tonight; great play by Ray Allen, he broke a new record in playoffs, hit 8 three pointers!! Previous record was 7. Rondo showed up tonight with good effort, but not much from Garnett. Ray Allen held Koby B. pretty well. Koby wasn't able to penetrate like the last game. Celtics played team defense. Good game if you're a Celtic fan!!

Valuist
06-07-2010, 12:08 AM
I was shocked the Lakers made it as close as they did when Allen was something like 8 of 9 beyond the arc. I thought Allen might be a bit long in the tooth.....obviously that isn't the case.

sandpit
06-07-2010, 07:44 AM
I was shocked the Lakers made it as close as they did when Allen was something like 8 of 9 beyond the arc. I thought Allen might be a bit long in the tooth.....obviously that isn't the case.

You might still be right about Allen being long in the tooth, even guys that are well past their prime jump up and put in a huge performance...ala Nicklaus in the '86 Masters.

lamboguy
06-07-2010, 08:03 AM
You might still be right about Allen being long in the tooth, even guys that are well past their prime jump up and put in a huge performance...ala Nicklaus in the '86 Masters.very accurate statement. the thing about the celtics is that they give 110% effort every time they are on the court. you can thank RED AUERBACH for that one, he was a very inspiring guy. when he called his players into his office he would start asking about the players family and his dog. whenhe got done with that he would tell the player that he was cold shooting jumpers and that he should try to drive to the basket so pick up fouls. looks like that inspiration lives on and on, just like the yankees.

Space Monkey
06-07-2010, 02:52 PM
The one thing that I've noticed over the last decade or so about so called "long in the tooth" players, is that they are able to maintain their abilities longer than we expect. Case in point: Last years Yankees. Rivera, Matsui, Damon etc. As a Red Sox fan I've been hoping that Mariano would lose it since 2007. Hes still going strong although he might be near the end now. Legal supplements, nutrition etc have enabled superior athletes to extend their careers and maintain a high level of performance. Allen still has it. Any Celtic fan knows that.

Canarsie
06-07-2010, 03:07 PM
very accurate statement. the thing about the celtics is that they give 110% effort every time they are on the court. you can thank RED AUERBACH for that one, he was a very inspiring guy. when he called his players into his office he would start asking about the players family and his dog. whenhe got done with that he would tell the player that he was cold shooting jumpers and that he should try to drive to the basket so pick up fouls. looks like that inspiration lives on and on, just like the yankees.

I'm rooting for the Celtics but obviously you didn't watch game one. It wasn't a mail in performance but close to it. Doc really got on them and it showed in game 2. Considering Pierce went 2-11 and Garnett 2-5 it was even more impressive. Plus Nate didn't blow up and gave Rondo some rest he played the first three quarters. Rasheed and Big Baby were physical that was a big factor also.

Zippy Chippy
06-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Kobe aside. Rondo is the best player on the court. He doesn't make many mistakes and you can't guard him. If he can hit his jumpers he could be top 10 player

AZWrobel
06-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Winning one in LA was huge. The 2-3-2 format should help the Celts. If they can tak 2 of 3 at home, they have a great shot to take this series.