PDA

View Full Version : Possibly Newest Superhorse

xfile
06-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Possibly Newest Superhorse
Racingandsports.com.au
Timeform have provisionally rated Workforce on 132 after his stunning English Derby victory, assessing it as the best winning performance at Epsom since Generous in 1991.

http://www.thoroughbrednews.com.au/international/default.aspx?id=47109
http://www.fullcardreports.com/images208/cbig.gif

cj
06-06-2010, 11:33 PM
The horse that beat him last time ran horribly in France today. Also, the runner up was a hopeless rabbit and nobody else could pass him. I am skeptical he is going to be a superhorse, very skeptical.

Hanover1
06-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Newest superhorse may have run at Monmouth....poster reported mile in 1:31.......jury still out.

gm10
06-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Not convinced about the whole Workforce hype. There weren't many good races on the card, yet a lot of winners ran very fast times - which suggests that the track was very quick indeed (despite some watering on Friday night). It had been unseasonably warm on the day and the days leading up to the Derby.

KingChas
06-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Sorry wrong post.
I thought this was about Trappe Shot........... ;)

Seabiscuit@AR
06-07-2010, 07:29 AM
The top horse in the UK is routinely declared the best ever each and every year. It then retires after less than 10 starts. 2009 you had Sea The Stars which fit the profile perfectly

Gorgeous George
06-07-2010, 08:25 AM
The horse that beat him last time ran horribly in France today. Also, the runner up was a hopeless rabbit and nobody else could pass him. I am skeptical he is going to be a superhorse, very skeptical.

Workforce's tongue tie came loose the only time he was beaten by Cape Blanco. The runner up which was a Coolmore pacemaker stole four/five lengths on the field turning for home and Workforce came from ninth to win by 2 lengths and smashing the track record by 3 seconds. An exceptional display from a horse who was having only its 3rd career start!

Lope De Vega who won the French 2000 Guineas, won the French Derby yesterday in impressive fashion. However trainer Andre Fabre has concerns over his stamina so a tilt at the Arc might not be on the radar.

For Goldikova fans her next start is in the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot next Tuesday 15th June.

Gorgeous George
06-07-2010, 08:31 AM
The top horse in the UK is routinely declared the best ever each and every year. It then retires after less than 10 starts. 2009 you had Sea The Stars which fit the profile perfectly

When great horses appear which is usually year in, year out in Europe we embrace them with the same amount of respect regardless of preference for track, distance, loacation etc. Reading the Zenyatta v Rachel Alexandra bashing that goes on in the US i cant help but feel embarrassed for you's to be honest.

Robert Fischer
06-07-2010, 09:05 AM
When great horses appear which is usually year in, year out in Europe we embrace them with the same amount of respect regardless of preference for track, distance, loacation etc. Reading the Zenyatta v Rachel Alexandra bashing that goes on in the US i cant help but feel embarrassed for you's to be honest.

think with the few, speak with the many

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2010, 03:40 PM
When great horses appear which is usually year in, year out in Europe we embrace them with the same amount of respect regardless of preference for track, distance, loacation etc. Reading the Zenyatta v Rachel Alexandra bashing that goes on in the US i cant help but feel embarrassed for you's to be honest.Oh, I don't know...I'm kind of embarrassed for you by simply READING your first sentence....

When great horses appear which is usually year in, year out in Europe we embrace them with the same amount of respect regardless of preference for track, distance, loacation etc.How unfortunately boring for you...

michiken
06-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Newest superhorse may have run at Monmouth....poster reported mile in 1:31.......jury still out.

I happened to see that race yesterday. I couldn't believe Mandurah's time so I reclocked it bye eye from when the gate opened to the wire...

I got around 48 to the half and 134.8 to the mile just using a stopwatch. Still fast though.

Gorgeous George
06-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Oh, I don't know...I'm kind of embarrassed for you by simply READING your first sentence....

How unfortunately boring for you...

My opinion seems to have hit a nerve.

tucker6
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
My opinion seems to have hit a nerve.
either that or your writing skills. I guess neither of us knew that English was your second language.

Gorgeous George
06-08-2010, 08:08 AM
either that or your writing skills. I guess neither of us knew that English was your second language.

It is i speak my native language irish and my second language is english, your spot on mate :ThmbUp: