PDA

View Full Version : Where else except DRF can you find Beyer Speed Figures?

horseysauce
06-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Hi, I think someone mentioned in another post that Beyer Speed Figures are used everywhere - and I think their meaning was that you could find Beyer Speed Figures everywhere. But, I have only seen them offered by Daily Racing Form. Are there other publications or data services that offer Beyer Speed Figures as well or are they proprietary only to Daily Racing Form? Thanks.

cj
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
They are DRF only.

FEARTHECHOMP
06-06-2010, 10:15 PM
You can get them on Equibase.com...But dont bother if you think your gonna get a discount..lol

cj
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM
You can buy them at Equibase, but is is still a DRF product.

FEARTHECHOMP
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Horseysauce....Man thats a nickname that will turn on a Mare...lol

horseysauce
06-07-2010, 02:36 AM
CJ - thanks for confirming.

FearTheChomp - Haha. If I remember right, this is the name of a condiment at Arby's (or maybe it was Roy Rogers - I can't remember exactly). I believe it is horseradish and mayo mixed together.

SMOO
06-07-2010, 02:38 PM
There have been studies (some posted here I believe) that show Brisnet & Equibase numbers give you very similar results as far as betting goes.

horseysauce
06-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Smoo - thanks for the insight.

cj
06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
There have been studies (some posted here I believe) that show Brisnet & Equibase numbers give you very similar results as far as betting goes.

Please direct us to just one.

David-LV
06-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Please direct us to just one.

Bris Power number & K number in HTR.

Their you go I gave you two that are proven that are just as good.

Good luck.

_________
David-LV

cj
06-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Bris Power number & K number in HTR.

Their you go I gave you two that are proven that are just as good.

Good luck.

_________
David-LV

I wasn't doubting it, I was saying where are the studies. Also, those aren't speed figures, so it is comparing apples to oranges.

David-LV
06-08-2010, 11:16 AM
I wasn't doubting it, I was saying where are the studies. Also, those aren't speed figures, so it is comparing apples to oranges.

Can you direct me to the study that proves that the Beyer Fig. is as good or better than the HTR number which is the baby of Pace Makes The Race Publication and Jim Cramer?

Jim Cramer's numbers are adjusted speed numbers plus.

_________
David-LV

cj
06-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Can you direct me to the study that proves that the Beyer Fig. is as good or better than the HTR number which is the baby of Pace Makes The Race Publication and Jim Cramer?

Jim Cramer's numbers are adjusted speed numbers plus.

_________
David-LV

I'm not the one that made the claim their were studies out there. I responded to the BRIS/Equibase claim. I know nothing about the HTR number and haven't said anything either positive or negative about it.

And again, they aren't the same thing anyway.

KidCapper
06-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I have figured out in my short time here that if ya want 1000 views on your post, just type Beyer in the headline. :lol:

thaskalos
06-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Please direct us to just one. I remember buying a report of a study comparing all readily available speed figures, which was published by some company stating that they used a database of over 100,000 races to draw their conclusions (I apologize for forgetting the details - it was over a decade ago).

As I recall, as far as ROI was concerned...the "Beyers" just barely beat out the DRF speed rating+variant. (Don't laugh Cj...I am serious.)

cj
06-08-2010, 01:19 PM
I remember buying a report of a study comparing all readily available speed figures, which was published by some company stating that they used a database of over 100,000 races to draw their conclusions (I apologize for forgetting the details - it was over a decade ago).

As I recall, as far as ROI was concerned...the "Beyers" just barely beat out the DRF speed rating+variant. (Don't laugh Cj...I am serious.)

I believe it ROI wise, but is has nothing to do with the quality of the figures. It is much more to do with popularity. Beyers get more winners, people know it, so they pay less.

Bruddah
06-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I believe it ROI wise, but is has nothing to do with the quality of the figures. It is much more to do with popularity. Beyers get more winners, people know it, so they pay less.

Pardon me for interjecting my thoughts into your discussion. But, your reply caused me to ask myself, "are we participating in handicapping to find winners or to generate ROI"? Seems to me to be the latter and not the former. (JMHO)

cj
06-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Pardon me for interjecting my thoughts into your discussion. But, your reply caused me to ask myself, "are we participating in handicapping to find winners or to generate ROI"? Seems to me to be the latter and not the former. (JMHO)

That is what forums are for I thought!

Anyway, sure, but he said "almost", not better, or even the same. The fact that Beyer would outperform DRF+SV despite the huge edge in popularity says a lot about the differences in quality.

Again, I do agree about ROI. I specifically make my combined figures to emphasize factors which are underbet.

Grits
06-08-2010, 03:16 PM
I have figured out in my short time here that if ya want 1000 views on your post, just type Beyer in the headline. :lol:

Beyer thread can be topped. If you're going for 3,000+ type: Zenyatta.

Promise.

6furlongs
06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
Gapfire.com tracks pace, speed, ep, ap,sp, etc. etc. They then provide which one is working best at today's track and distance. Very interesting indeed.

horseysauce
06-08-2010, 08:27 PM
I had no idea my post was going to get so many responses. Shows how interested and astute the posters are in this forum. Well, now there are so many names, I can't thank everyone individually, so thank you all again for all your advice - and I thank anyone else in advance who adds to this thread in the future.

thaskalos
06-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I had no idea my post was going to get so many responses. Shows how interested and astute the posters are in this forum. Well, now there are so many names, I can't thank everyone individually, so thank you all again for all your advice - and I thank anyone else in advance who adds to this thread in the future. You are very polite...it's obvious that you are new here. Are you sure you have come to the right place? :)

David-LV
06-09-2010, 12:13 AM
You are very polite...it's obvious that you are new here. Are you sure you have come to the right place? :)

Agreed.

Maybe this will rub off on some of us.:):):)

_________
David-LV