PDA

View Full Version : Monster show payoffs at Arapahoe

showbet
06-06-2010, 05:56 PM
It's been quite awhile since I've seen show prices like these. Perfect Strike (#5) had 98.4% of the show pool bet on him. He finished fourth.

my_nameaintearl
06-06-2010, 06:10 PM
so only about 60 winning place tickets on the race.Somone made a quick score today

Stillriledup
06-06-2010, 06:14 PM
This happens when a plunger gets his bet down at the LAST second. When these jumpers put their money in for all to see, people start pounding show and those prices will never pay as much.

I made a nice score at a Calif fair track last year when somone put a big show bet that didnt show up in the pools. I just assumed something would come in late, and i got lucky and it did. Show was over 100 dollars on at least one of the runners.

This happens because plungers dont want people to be able to get their money by conciously making the decision to bet against him. Some plungers attitudes are that if they're going to lose a bundle on show, the only people they want to get their money is the people who happened to bet show before they knew there was a minus bet.

craigbraddick
06-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Lucky show wagerers in that race for sure!

There were actually two incidents of this today and the first one paid off!!

Remember, the mroe you bet the more you win! ;)

Craig

showbet
06-06-2010, 06:55 PM
This happens when a plunger gets his bet down at the LAST second.
I've noticed this happening more and more lately, especially at Charles Town, for whatever reason. The bridge jumper(s) wait until the last second to make their wagers, so the bets don't show up in the pool until the final flash of the board. It can be very frustrating for people who like to bet against the plungers.

In this case, however, the Arapahoe bet(s) appeared in the pool about a minute before the race went off. There aren't too many people betting on Arapahoe, and there are even fewer watching Arapahoe's tote, so not much was bet on the other horses even after the huge bet showed up on the tote.

A similar amount ($24,274 out of a $24,886 pool) was bet to show on the #7 horse in today's 3rd race at Arapahoe. The plunger(s) collected their 10% on that race, as the horse won. Arapahoe has a $2.20 minimum payoff.

Stillriledup
06-06-2010, 07:14 PM
I've noticed this happening more and more lately, especially at Charles Town, for whatever reason. The bridge jumper(s) wait until the last second to make their wagers, so the bets don't show up in the pool until the final flash of the board. It can be very frustrating for people who like to bet against the plungers.

In this case, however, the Arapahoe bet(s) appeared in the pool about a minute before the race went off. There aren't too many people betting on Arapahoe, and there are even fewer watching Arapahoe's tote, so not much was bet on the other horses even after the huge bet showed up on the tote.

A similar amount ($24,274 out of a $24,886 pool) was bet to show on the #7 horse in today's 3rd race at Arapahoe. The plunger(s) collected their 10% on that race, as the horse won. Arapahoe has a $2.20 minimum payoff.

Yes, they dont want you to get their money and laugh at them in the process. They want all their money, should they lose, to go to the little old lady from pasadena who had made he show bets at early bird betting before she went to church.

Igeteven
06-06-2010, 11:56 PM
so only about 60 winning place tickets on the race.Somone made a quick score today

What happen, hurt the track in the long run, that player will never be back.