PDA

View Full Version : Déjà vu

RaceTrackDaddy
06-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Déjà vu

Another lifetime mark is crushed by a 7 year old at a Gural owned racetrack. Scare Tactics N had a lifetime mark of 1:55:2 at Balmoral. Today, he runs off into the sunset in 1:52 and a piece.

If Tioga and Vernon are indeed testing these horses, they sure as hell ain't testing them for what the trainers are using. The patron who wagers on tracks at Vernon and Tioga are at RISK.

Time and again these cheaters will eventually be caught. Till the time when the testing authorities actually do their job, we, the supporters of this industry will get stung again and again.

Last night it was Stonebridge Wish while today it is Scare Tactics N, who will it be next??

RaceTrackDaddy
06-09-2010, 09:39 PM
Race 9 at Pocono Downs this Saturday will be the first start of Stonebridge Wish since his lifetime mark of 1:49:4 set last week at Vernon Downs.

My money is on another horse in that race.

RaceTrackDaddy
06-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Friday, June 18th
Big M
Race 8 - Scare Tactic N (# 2) 9/2 goes in his first start following that huge win last out at Tioga. From a 5-claimer at Monti up to 10-claiming at the Big M....connections should bring the same feed and water as last out or will he finish up the track in the same fashion as Stonebridge Wish did at Pocono when he started back after that 1:49:4 at Vernon. Think he finished 8th in 1:53: and piece in that race at Pokie.

RaceTrackDaddy
06-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Deja Vu all over again.
Stonebridge Wish is entered in the Open I Hdcp at Tioga this Sunday.
Which horse will show up? The one loaded for bear at Vernon two back OR
the one which unloaded when he failed to make the lead at Pokie last out.

I for one am boycotting this race. The unknown factor (loading or unloading)leads me to avoid this race.

RaceTrackDaddy
06-20-2010, 03:57 PM
Stonebridge Wish wins as he pleases. That NY spring water sure is great to have.

No wonder this sport is on the decline. The cops are losing the battle to the crooks in the chemical department.

LottaKash
06-21-2010, 04:25 PM
"Stonebridge Wish" wins as he pleases. That NY spring water sure is great to have.

No wonder this sport is on the decline. The cops are losing the battle to the crooks in the chemical department.

Bobby Z.....I have to take exception to your "feeelings" about this "particular one"....

I am not trying to open up a hornet's nest or anything, but I feel that you may have missed something about "this one"....Of course, you well know how I feel about "Pena" and his ugly-ilk, these days, still, this one I think, is different...

I am not about to teach or correct you in any way, but I have a different slant on this horse in this case....So, in that spirit, I will give you "my take" on "STONEBRIDGE WISH" and his recent wins....

Why ?.... I love to handicap, or should I say assess the "situations", and besides, I have nothing else to do, anyway....haha...So, please humor me on this....
================================================== ===

SW, back in Mar-10 was good enough to run with the NW22,000-L6,(a lofty class anywhere) but is not a true sharpie, in that, he won only 4 times in 34 trips last year, and only 1 for 15 the year, to date....

Judging by his lines, at Woodbine, he was running "evenly" in the stretch to the wire, in most of his races since Mar.....This suggests to me that this horse was simply outclassed or overmatched in those races....Consequently, this 7yo needed a change of some sort...and what followed next may be the "clues" that are needed to get to the bottom of his recent "Aliveness"....Imo, that is...

On May 15, at Woodbine, this guy raced in the NW8000-L6 and had a running line of 7..6..8/91/2..8/81/2 9/83/4, timed in 26:2 54:2 1:22:3 150:4....So, in this one, he again, ran evenly keeping up, but not gaining or losing much in the lane...This suggests to me that this horse had just become "Stale", is all....

And, in that race, of May-15, Jeffrey Gillis (a very capable trainer, imo) was still the "owner" and "trainer" of SW....Then on May 31, he shows up at Vernon Downs with a "new owner and trainer", in the persona of "Tracy Brainard", who is "now" both the "owner/trainer" of SW (and, a better trainer, imo, as she almost always will improve a horse)....This is where it begins...(the NEW-CYCLE)...

So, in that May-21 race at VD, with Tim Tetrick up, he is entered in the "C-Class" a sure dropdown to me, and a big one at that...and his running line shows 5..6..6..7oo 5-1/2..4/4-1/2..2/1/2....timed in; 26:3 55:3 1:24:1 152:1...(well within this horses capabilities considering he was chasing faster fractions and better horses at Woodbine, before this start) This horse is "now fast and fit" and well placed at that, and it showed at the end....TB, definitely had this horse on the big-improve, and was "Braved-Up" vs the much weaker stock in this race.....(Horses know when they do well, and this race, after those stale, overmatched, and even races, was just the tonic, I think, that this one needed...)

So, now on 6/05, he is in very "Cheap" again, the same "C" class, (which imo, was more than several classes lower than where he was placed before leaaving Wdb) and now, being well spotted and "Braved-up", he proceeds in his "new form cycle" and blows the doors off of his rivals going....8..2..2..1/2-1/2..1/9..1/11-3/4...timed in 26:3 55:1 1:23 149:4......If this race were against much better, I too would have raised an eyebrow, but since this race was still vs. the cheaper, than, in this instance, it makes sense, given that TB is well known to improve horses, and she did just that, and it wasn't all that much of miracle, given that this horse was racing competively but just couldn't win because of the overmatched conditions ....(Also note; that Josh Marks, the winning driver in this one, is currently sporting a 32% win rate)...And what better incentive to win than to be the "trainer" AND the "owner"...I can think of no other incentive that is better, and I look for this, OT Angle, in all the races, and on every horse that I rate...I became a believer at this point...

So, now on 6/12. the "new horse" is shipped to Pocono Downs, but this time, he is also "overmatched" again, imo (I had the winner of this race in the TM-contest), and was was surely up against it in that one....Firstly he was saddled with the "poisonous 8-hole" at Pcd, and it showed....He left alertly, but couldn't clear and was parked 4o in 25:4, (forget it already) and then remained determined going to 2o in 54 flat (now you can "really" forget it, and he was still on the rim racing in 7o in 1:21:4 and the rest is umimportant from thereon. (fin 8th by 15 and 3/4's)....That was a stiff mile, and "many, many" Good-Ones have been beaten by those fractions, even when they were not outclassed...

So, now comes the race in question ? (As I see it, if any of the horses in that Pocono race would've shipped to this same race, the outcome would've been the same, an easy win vs. these).....on 6/20, he is now over to Tioga, and Josh Marks is on board again, and it is the "feature" race, an "Open Company" race....And, there is no horse that anyone could state for sure, that outclasses "SW", especially given his most recent and powerful good form....He wires them and paid $6.20....He had every right to win this, imo....

Tracy Brainard, is a master at turning horses around, and she did it with this one too, and that is all that I see.....Hey, proper care and training, makes for a happy horse, and this oldster may have proved this point, and was given just what he needed...She, woke this one up, and just brought out the best of this 7yo.... The horse was just racing stale, and was brought back to life, as he most likely needed the change of scenery and competition.....Imo, a horse has a right to improve, when given the right set of circumstances..

best,

Hanover1
06-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Bobby Z.....I have to take exception to your "feeelings" about this "particular one"....

I am not trying to open up a hornet's nest or anything, but I feel that you may have missed something about "this one"....Of course, you well know how I feel about "Pena" and his ugly-ilk, these days, still, this one I think, is different...

I am not about to teach or correct you in any way, but I have a different slant on this horse in this case....So, in that spirit, I will give you "my take" on "STONEBRIDGE WISH" and his recent wins....

Why ?.... I love to handicap, or should I say assess the "situations", and besides, I have nothing else to do, anyway....haha...So, please humor me on this....
================================================== ===

SW, back in Mar-10 was good enough to run with the NW22,000-L6,(a lofty class anywhere) but is not a true sharpie, in that, he won only 4 times in 34 trips last year, and only 1 for 15 the year, to date....

Judging by his lines, at Woodbine, he was running "evenly" in the stretch to the wire, in most of his races since Mar.....This suggests to me that this horse was simply outclassed or overmatched in those races....Consequently, this 7yo needed a change of some sort...and what followed next may be the "clues" that are needed to get to the bottom of his recent "Aliveness"....Imo, that is...

On May 15, at Woodbine, this guy raced in the NW8000-L6 and had a running line of 7..6..8/91/2..8/81/2 9/83/4, timed in 26:2 54:2 1:22:3 150:4....So, in this one, he again, ran evenly keeping up, but not gaining or losing much in the lane...This suggests to me that this horse had just become "Stale", is all....

And, in that race, of May-15, Jeffrey Gillis (a very capable trainer, imo) was still the "owner" and "trainer" of SW....Then on May 31, he shows up at Vernon Downs with a "new owner and trainer", in the persona of "Tracy Brainard", who is "now" both the "owner/trainer" of SW (and, a better trainer, imo, as she almost always will improve a horse)....This is where it begins...(the NEW-CYCLE)...

So, in that May-21 race at VD, with Tim Tetrick up, he is entered in the "C-Class" a sure dropdown to me, and a big one at that...and his running line shows 5..6..6..7oo 5-1/2..4/4-1/2..2/1/2....timed in; 26:3 55:3 1:24:1 152:1...(well within this horses capabilities considering he was chasing faster fractions and better horses at Woodbine, before this start) This horse is "now fast and fit" and well placed at that, and it showed at the end....TB, definitely had this horse on the big-improve, and was "Braved-Up" vs the much weaker stock in this race.....(Horses know when they do well, and this race, after those stale, overmatched, and even races, was just the tonic, I think, that this one needed...)

So, now on 6/05, he is in very "Cheap" again, the same "C" class, (which imo, was more than several classes lower than where he was placed before leaaving Wdb) and now, being well spotted and "Braved-up", he proceeds in his "new form cycle" and blows the doors off of his rivals going....8..2..2..1/2-1/2..1/9..1/11-3/4...timed in 26:3 55:1 1:23 149:4......If this race were against much better, I too would have raised an eyebrow, but since this race was still vs. the cheaper, than, in this instance, it makes sense, given that TB is well known to improve horses, and she did just that, and it wasn't all that much of miracle, given that this horse was racing competively but just couldn't win because of the overmatched conditions ....(Also note; that Josh Marks, the winning driver in this one, is currently sporting a 32% win rate)...And what better incentive to win than to be the "trainer" AND the "owner"...I can think of no other incentive that is better, and I look for this, OT Angle, in all the races, and on every horse that I rate...I became a believer at this point...

So, now on 6/12. the "new horse" is shipped to Pocono Downs, but this time, he is also "overmatched" again, imo (I had the winner of this race in the TM-contest), and was was surely up against it in that one....Firstly he was saddled with the "poisonous 8-hole" at Pcd, and it showed....He left alertly, but couldn't clear and was parked 4o in 25:4, (forget it already) and then remained determined going to 2o in 54 flat (now you can "really" forget it, and he was still on the rim racing in 7o in 1:21:4 and the rest is umimportant from thereon. (fin 8th by 15 and 3/4's)....That was a stiff mile, and "many, many" Good-Ones have been beaten by those fractions, even when they were not outclassed...

So, now comes the race in question ? (As I see it, if any of the horses in that Pocono race would've shipped to this same race, the outcome would've been the same, an easy win vs. these).....on 6/20, he is now over to Tioga, and Josh Marks is on board again, and it is the "feature" race, an "Open Company" race....And, there is no horse that anyone could state for sure, that outclasses "SW", especially given his most recent and powerful good form....He wires them and paid $6.20....He had every right to win this, imo....

Tracy Brainard, is a master at turning horses around, and she did it with this one too, and that is all that I see.....Hey, proper care and training, makes for a happy horse, and this oldster may have proved this point, and was given just what he needed...She, woke this one up, and just brought out the best of this 7yo.... The horse was just racing stale, and was brought back to life, as he most likely needed the change of scenery and competition.....Imo, a horse has a right to improve, when given the right set of circumstances..

best,

I buy into all this 30 years ago when hay and oats was the standard fare to improve a horse...the mention of person/persons I will not name here tell me all I need to know......I so want to keep my rose colored glasses on, but the haze has been to strong of late when talking about NJ/NY/PA harness action. I won't even mention MI/ILL, ect......dropping an aged horse a few seconds off a lifetime mark is hazy given the frequency of late...lets be real here.

DeanT
06-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I agree. It is the timing that shocks me.

Bill Wellwood, or Woody Stephens et al would be able to improve a horse, but they were on record stating that it took awhile - months. Some dude's today speak about vitamin treatments, which are pretty good (we pay for them for our horses, as do many people) but giving a vitamin on an off claim horse Tuesday, Wed and Thursday and then running two seconds faster on Friday is not believeable. I recently started taking vitamins again, and I was not exactly feeling like a marathon after two days.

I remember claiming a horse a few years ago with the crew. He had great back class. The trainer knew he was not happy, not healthy and needed work. He gave the horse a couple of weeks, with jugs, flushes, the whole nine yards. Went alum to steel to take some pressure off. He started him on herbal stuff, for appetite and Adequan for joints and Omneprosole as well, for eating. We got about $1200 of vet work done. After three weeks he was back in the box. He came 5th and raced ok. After a couple more weeks he was back in again - came third. He seemed to be happier in the paddock and wanted to play and have some fun. He dropped in class and third start back raced super - crushed. He was decent for about five or six months after with three nice wins - happy healthy and sound. That claimer got treated like a stakes colt and it took oh so much time and effort.

IMO, horsemen improve horses like that. For guys who do that in a weeks time with horse after horse after horse? Sorry, I am having trouble buying it.

Hanover1
06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I agree. It is the timing that shocks me.

Bill Wellwood, or Woody Stephens et al would be able to improve a horse, but they were on record stating that it took awhile - months. Some dude's today speak about vitamin treatments, which are pretty good (we pay for them for our horses, as do many people) but giving a vitamin on an off claim horse Tuesday, Wed and Thursday and then running two seconds faster on Friday is not believeable. I recently started taking vitamins again, and I was not exactly feeling like a marathon after two days.

I remember claiming a horse a few years ago with the crew. He had great back class. The trainer knew he was not happy, not healthy and needed work. He gave the horse a couple of weeks, with jugs, flushes, the whole nine yards. Went alum to steel to take some pressure off. He started him on herbal stuff, for appetite and Adequan for joints and Omneprosole as well, for eating. We got about $1200 of vet work done. After three weeks he was back in the box. He came 5th and raced ok. After a couple more weeks he was back in again - came third. He seemed to be happier in the paddock and wanted to play and have some fun. He dropped in class and third start back raced super - crushed. He was decent for about five or six months after - happy healthy and sound. That claimer got treated like a stakes colt and it took oh so much time and effort.

IMO, horsemen improve horses like that. For guys who do that in a weeks time with horse after horse after horse? Sorry, I am having trouble buying it.

You are on the money here...the thread starter had a legit beef imo. After spending year after year with all types of horses, from cheapest of the cheap, to the most expensive to come from the sales ring, they are all still horses, and they all take time to progress. From a minimum of 3-4 weeks after a select shoeing/rigging change, to never. I have at times, eaked out 2/5-3/5 second advantage within that time frame, if proper key is found that was suspect prior to application, and that can be considered a BUNCH if properly entered. But this business of taking an old warhorse at any level, ESPECIALLY a cheaper one, and drop him 2 full seconds in a matter of 2-3 weeks??? No secret why the outrage is out there for all to see.....to many horsemen in the know are saying the same thing. Many are mum only to attempt to preserve an outward image of total integrity in the sport, but it is wishfull thinking at this point. Such a shame.

LottaKash
06-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Tracy Brainard is a "cheat" just like Pena, right....?

Then say it, and mention her name in doing so...She has a right to an interview too....:jump: ...

Maybe she "swims them to victory" too...:D

Then guys like Green, Burke, Mullins, Oakes, Coleman, Kesmodel, etc. would have to be included in with those top two cheats, too.....They improve horses on their "first-go's" as well, especially when they make a claim for "themselves"....

What are we to do then....?

Then, I quit....Nah....!!!!!!

P.S. after the Pocono Race, and I was on to the Tioga race, I was a believer by then, and wagered accordingly....:jump:...Took the $6.20 win price, as a gift...

I adjusted and went on with it....I suppose, that is all that we can do when things seem a bit shady at first...Other than that, I am clueless..(not totally tho, I spent a few good years in the backstretch, in the 60/70's, as well)

best,

Hanover1
06-21-2010, 07:35 PM
Tracy Brainard is a "cheat" just like Pena, right....?

Then say it, and mention her name in doing so...She has a right to an interview too....:jump: ...

Maybe she "swims them to victory" too...:D

Then guys like Green, Burke, Mullins, Oakes, Coleman, Kesmodel, etc. would have to be included in with those top two cheats, too.....They improve horses on their "first-go's" as well, especially when they make a claim for "themselves"....

What are we to do then....?

Then, I quit....Nah....!!!!!!

P.S. after the Pocono Race, and I was on to the Tioga race, I was a believer by then, and wagered accordingly....:jump:...Took the $6.20 win price, as a gift...

I adjusted and went on with it....I suppose, that is all that we can do when things seem a bit shady at first...Other than that, I am clueless..(not totally tho, I spent a few good years in the backstretch, in the 60/70's, as well)

best,

It would seem an advantage to a bettor to understand current trends and bet accordingly, leaving the sentiment of cheating to those that deal with the guilt snd consequences. Start a first off claim list, and keep eyes open? Another case of "Don't worry about the trip, just get there?". Cheating is as old as mankind. It's our nature as creatures. Exceptions abound, however we have not bred that particular trait out of the breed yet.......

LottaKash
06-21-2010, 08:35 PM
It would seem an advantage to a bettor to understand current trends and bet accordingly, leaving the sentiment of cheating to those that deal with the guilt snd consequences. Start a first off claim list, and keep eyes open? Another case of "Don't worry about the trip, just get there?". Cheating is as old as mankind. It's our nature as creatures. Exceptions abound, however we have not bred that particular trait out of the breed yet.......

From a handicappers point of view, I really don't give a crap what they do, as long as I am winning....The Stonebridge Wish thing is a point of contention here....I hadn't seen the turnaround of this horse at Vernon, not at least, until the horse was in at Tioga the following week.....I saw what I saw, and then I played acccordingly, it made sense to me....That is why as a handicapper, often enough, I will take a week or two off from handicapping and playing at certain tracks....I just like to play what I see,and not worry so much who is cheating, and that is it....And by not being so close to the cheating issues week in and week out, it allows me to see, in a fresh light, what is "really" going on, and I then try to capitalize on those "new" things....

Still, the other guy inside of me, gets too angry and distracted when I see these (for whatever reasons) dramatic turnarounds.....That is when I will yell out their names in public....Just to let them know that they may not be fooling all the people, all of the time....

I know you can't have it both ways, but the truth is, if we are to continue on playing this game, we "must" rant from time to time...And, I hope and trust that the powers that be, will see and hear our rants and concerns, on certain issues...That is why I yell about it from time to time...Just to let them know what we know....But, we have to Name, Names in order for them to have something to go on....So who is naming Tracy Brainard ?....

But, in this case I won some kash from it, so that is all that really matters to me......Fine job Tracy Brainard, I know you are probably cheating, but I won some kash on your "New Horse".....haha....That was the handicapper talking now..

Talk about a hypocrite...haha...Crazy game, hunh ?....

best,

RaceTrackDaddy
06-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Guys

I appreciate all the comments, those that are disagreement and agreement. Let us look to the horse Scare Tactics N. This is the waring shot acrossed our bow.

I really do not know if Phil Pevion (owner/trainer of record) met with Pena or someone in his employ but it sure looks like it.

In 2009, this Scare Tactics N was at:
Balmoral 13 0-2-0
Maywood 18 0-4-0

Balmoral 9 1-1-1
Monticello 3 1-0-0

Last raced at Monti on Apr 27th. Shipped out and freshed some where in Jeresey where he qualified in 1:54:3 and shipped to Tioga Downs. Forget the chart (which stats he was parked the last half), this one moved right before the half mile pole and cleare prior to the 3/4 pole. Pulled away as most 1st time starters off the claim ala Pena in 1:52:2 taking over 3 seconds off his lifetime mark. Another 7 year old has found the fountain of youth. Now he ships back to the Big M last Friday night (8th race) and used that fast brush to gain control and try to bottom out the field but was caught on the inside. The horse responded to the whip and won in a photo in another lifetime mark of 1:51: piece.

I have a couple more shippers into Tioga that took a few seconds off their lifetime mark but can not find a connection to the east coast as this one.

I hope I am wrong but the longer Pena goes undected, this stuff will spread like wildfire. No past perfomances needed...get out the ouija board to wager.

Hanover1
06-22-2010, 12:01 AM
Guys

I appreciate all the comments, those that are disagreement and agreement. Let us look to the horse Scare Tactics N. This is the waring shot acrossed our bow.

I really do not know if Phil Pevion (owner/trainer of record) met with Pena or someone in his employ but it sure looks like it.

In 2009, this Scare Tactics N was at:
Balmoral 13 0-2-0
Maywood 18 0-4-0

Balmoral 9 1-1-1
Monticello 3 1-0-0

Last raced at Monti on Apr 27th. Shipped out and freshed some where in Jeresey where he qualified in 1:54:3 and shipped to Tioga Downs. Forget the chart (which stats he was parked the last half), this one moved right before the half mile pole and cleare prior to the 3/4 pole. Pulled away as most 1st time starters off the claim ala Pena in 1:52:2 taking over 3 seconds off his lifetime mark. Another 7 year old has found the fountain of youth. Now he ships back to the Big M last Friday night (8th race) and used that fast brush to gain control and try to bottom out the field but was caught on the inside. The horse responded to the whip and won in a photo in another lifetime mark of 1:51: piece.

I have a couple more shippers into Tioga that took a few seconds off their lifetime mark but can not find a connection to the east coast as this one.

I hope I am wrong but the longer Pena goes undected, this stuff will spread like wildfire. No past perfomances needed...get out the ouija board to wager.

I have said it before-its just a matter of time for these guys....I remember when milkshakes were the secret weapon of cheaters, and it also was undetected and unheard of for the most part. Only a select few were in on the deal, and the horses were showing the same type lines as you describe. It actually took a couple of years before it all surfaced and officials were forced to take action. When this type of a deal becomes widespread, and it will, the gig will be up...guaranteed.

RaceTrackDaddy
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Scare Tactics N moves up to the $15,000 Claimers at the Big M this Friday. He is in the 9th race. No amount of artifical help can permit him to win that race. In fact I am looking for a reversal of form to his previous condition. If I am wrong, and he actually wins this race, the over/under line for his final time is 1:49:4.

markgoldie
06-24-2010, 10:33 AM
As far as spirited discussions on the topic of chemical warfare in harness racing, this site pales in comparison with others. Check out Harnesslink.com if you want to see some real venom.

At any rate, from time to time I am able to have discussions with people inside the business. Last night, I spoke to a vet's assistant from Delaware, who hears all thre latest scuttlebutt from the trainer's ranks.

According to him, there are two levels of so-called "technicians" out there:

Level #1 consists of one man only- Lou Pena. His exploits have even the normal technicians baffled. Why? Because his new acquisitions not only show greater speed (something which the normal technician is able to accomplish), but tremendous stamina AND pain relief. In certain cases, the normal technician is able to effect better stamina. But this pain relief is beyond their capabilities. Yes, they can inject their joints, apply shock-wave therapy, etc., but many of these veteran campaigners have had that done in the past- many, many times. And nothing they use can begin to make horses sound in one week like Pena does.

Level#2 technicians include lots of trainers. Burke, Green, Proctor, Varty, Kesmodel, Brainard, Pavia (on horses he trains), Murdock, Sherman, Oakes, and others who don't immediately come to mind. But none of them would dare get into a claiming war with Pena.

From a betting standpoint, I fail to see this as a detriment to the sport. All serious bettors know who these trainers are. Actually, it is something of a relief to see trainers putting out a consistent product on the track. In thoroughbred racing, the win percentage of trainers has long been a crucial handicapping tool. In fact, the Brisnet past performances breaks down trainer ability into many categories, based on situation: First-time starters, first off a layoff of 90 days or more, first time in barn, drop in class, raise in class, changes in distance and surface and so on. And so trainer abilities is considered very important. There is no reason why this should not be so for harness handicapers as well.

As one poster on another site said (quite appropriately IMO), all this screaming and yelling is coming from owners who are being embarrassed on the racetrack. But, he said, harness racing needs BETTORS not more owners. This is evidenced by the great number of claims at all major tracks. So there is no shortage of investment capital. What IS in shortage is wagering interest and wagering capital. And this, he submits, is HELPED by guys like Lou Pena, not hindered because his horses get bet. They induce wagering, which is the name of the game.

I have trouble finding the flaw in this logic. Whether or not they get Pena, I can't see where it can be said, as others have, "he's ruining the sport."

RaceTrackDaddy
06-24-2010, 08:02 PM
Monday night’s 2nd race at Yonkers will see a first time Pena after shipping from Raceway Park to the hilltop. Last raced on June 5th in a non-winner $1,850 last 5.

Now in a Nw $4,000 last 6, and given post 7, level of past competition and 3 weeks since last raced, April Sunshine has ever reason to put forth a bad effort. Why do I expect something out of the ordinary? But I do!