PDA

View Full Version : Bris Profitline

Inglewood Flamingo
08-01-2003, 02:07 PM
Has anyone had any experiences with Bris' Profitline reports?

fmazur
08-01-2003, 02:42 PM
I would avoid it. It is one of the worse products ever offered by BRIS.

Inglewood Flamingo
08-01-2003, 03:41 PM
The reson I was asking was I got this info from a poster on another site...

If you're looking for winners and many at good prices, $21.60 was the best I got today, AND Brisbet will let you open an account or you just want to buy it, Bris' ProfitLine reports are absolutely astounding. 74% winners with Top 3 picks across the board at every track I've looked at, and that's all of 'em. Many exactas and a slew of 123 box trifectas.

The advantage the ProfitLine reports have is they are free if you have an account with Brisbet; otherwise, it's $10 unlimited per day. However, they go one step further than sheets like the "Wizard" in that they update their reports throughout the day, rerunning them for each scratch so they pick up on the correct shape of the race. Of the 26% not in the Top 3 most are in places 4 and 5. Very, very few are outside of that range. They rank 5 horses with ProfitLine odds - which is a Fair Odds Line not a betting line. It is essential to add a margin, synthetic or real, for profit.

fmazur
08-01-2003, 03:53 PM
I have been with BRIS since 1995 and do like most of their products. When Profitline came out I tried it for a couple of weeks and found it lacking. Most of its winners were obvious and chalk. In a couple hundred races I looked at I found 25% winners and all chalk. In my test you lost over 25%. I did not pursue it after the first two weeks as it failed at all the tracks I tried. I don't know if they have improved it, but I doubt it. It is possible that it just wasn't working when I tried it, but as I said I used six or seven tracks for the test and results were poor in all cases.

Inglewood Flamingo
08-01-2003, 03:58 PM
FMAZUR, Thanks for shharing your experiences.

VetScratch
08-01-2003, 08:59 PM
ProfitLine is not designed to pick winners.

It gives baseline odds for contenders so that you can find values (overlays) and shun underlays.

The BRIS description plainly describes ProfitLine and the name of the product also implies it's purpose.

Fmazur,

Why test it as a winner-pick tout sheet when it was designed and advertised as a value-spot-play tout sheet?

When ProfitLine (or any other product) picks a bunch of winners (i.e., get hots), BRIS will ofen hype the hot streak. As long as you buy the product, they don't demand that you understand how to use it! I think the Library description of ProfitLine contains less hype.

If you want winners, see the Wizard; he'll take your money!:D :D

GameTheory
08-02-2003, 02:17 AM
Profitline doesn't work when betting on its "overlays" either. It does seem totally useless to me. I'm actually glad they added it BrisBet as a free service -- it should induce some people to make dumb bets. I've got into the habit of checking the ProfitLine odds when I'm making bets on BrisBet. Most of my prime money-making plays are huge underlays according to ProfitLine...

VetScratch
08-02-2003, 03:40 AM
When a product disappoints, one can lose with more dignity by using it as directed. :D