PDA

View Full Version : Lest we forget, June 6th....

DJofSD
06-06-2010, 02:45 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_Normandy

JustRalph
06-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Big Day......... D Day..... I am sure somebody will be showing the movie somewhere..........

8th Anniversary of my Dad's death too.......I always play the horses on this day..........and depending on where I am......attend a track. This year will be at home.........

DJofSD
06-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Hope you had a profitable and memoriable day, JR.

There seemed to be very little mention of D-day yesterday. Perhaps it's just another date that will fade into history.

lamboguy
06-07-2010, 09:26 AM
what a different world it was back then. men left their family's to put on the uniform to defend our country, and went to hell holes like guam, and japan. they did't ask quetions they just were stand up people. they entered into a war they couldn't win, they were believers in themselves and they won the war for a just cause. they won it because they had some guts, and people back home that stood behind them. god bless all those people and their family's.

JustRalph
06-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Hope you had a profitable and memoriable day, JR.

There seemed to be very little mention of D-day yesterday. Perhaps it's just another date that will fade into history.

DJ, I didn't see much coverage but was kind of busy all day. I remember last year one of the movie channels had an all day WWII movie day......... Let's hope this day does not fade from the collective memory of our country.

The wife and I had a great day off together, telling stories about my Dad and we rooted home a couple of nice long shots. The old Man would have been very proud!

jballscalls
06-11-2010, 12:08 PM
DJ, I didn't see much coverage but was kind of busy all day. I remember last year one of the movie channels had an all day WWII movie day......... Let's hope this day does not fade from the collective memory of our country.

!

this year was the first D-Day since it occured that there was no mention about it from the President or atleast something on the white house website. googled looking for his comments and couldnt find any

JustRalph
06-11-2010, 02:53 PM
this year was the first D-Day since it occured that there was no mention about it from the President or atleast something on the white house website. googled looking for his comments and couldnt find any

that says a ton about the Admin and more importantly .......us.........