PDA

View Full Version : Uptowncharlybrown DQ'd from 5th

slew101
06-05-2010, 07:36 PM
OMG, can you imagine if this horse won? I had him in the double!

After the race, racing officials said Uptowncharlybrown was disqualified and unplaced after a weight violation. The horse lost his lead weight pad during the race and failed to carry the required 126 pounds.

WinterTriangle
06-05-2010, 07:39 PM
boy that would have been a disappointment to be DQed from 1st.

UPCB ran a pretty nice race....:ThmbUp:

bisket
06-05-2010, 08:38 PM
yeah chuck did run a good race. i was actually happy for the chucky crowd that they at least collected 30k. they need to run this guy in an allowance. he needs some confidence.

lamboguy
06-05-2010, 11:22 PM
he ran all over the track, and UTCB is the reason why its tough to win tripple crown races when you don't run at age 2. this horse has a ton of ability and just could not put it together in his last 3 races. i thought that kiran took the blinkers off and he was going to look like a genius. he looked as bad as he did in the tampa derby. horses get bad habits and never lose them throughout their careers. that's what it looks like to me.

congradulations to those of you that didn't waste one dime on him at 10-1. that was tough to do sitting in my chair.

all in all it was a great race, it looks like they had a good attendance and i had no problem with the song, the girl was great, but even though old blue eyes is not with us, the belmont is not the same to me without new york new york ringing in my ears.