PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga 2nd race

jotb
08-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Hello to all the handicapper's on this forum:

I've been working on this 2nd race at Saratoga which is a turf race that will come off because of the early morning rains. I don't know the scratches as of yet but I hope GREGORY MARTIN lets this #9 horse by the name of CARAMEL QUEEN run and take a shot on the dirt.

This filly has started 18 lifetime starts all of them were run on the turf. I know it's going back a long time ago, but this filly actually ran in a GRADE 1 CLASSIC and only lost by 7 lengths against the boys.

This filly is well bred for the off-going and Martin last out added blinkers and this filly sure showed tons of early speed. That 1/2 mile fraction of 45.4 on the INNER TURF was the fastest time in the last 3 years, including all distances, ages, genders, class, and anything else you want to throw in there. Caramel QUEEN ran 3/4ers in 110.1 which by the way was the 4th BEST TIME IN THE LAST 3 YEARS ON THE INNER TURF.

There are a few knocks with this horse and one of them is CHavez will not ride but he is also not riding anyone else in the race so maybe the trainer wants the weight off. If this filly runs early and the apprentice can rate on the front end it might be a wire to wire winner at a decent price.

Time to check the late changes.

Good luck if anyone jumps on the bandwagon,
jotb

Skanoochies
08-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Your reasoning sounds good, man. I`ll watch and cheer for you.

Good luck,

Skanoochies.:) :) :)

corp1956
08-01-2003, 12:53 PM
jobt...
Thanks for the nice handicap analysis of the 2nd race horse...has a pace line that i like...The race is off the turf,too.
Looks to be a paying race....