PDA

View Full Version : Same story with Gio Ponti...

only11
06-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Always finds a way...He hangs like a cheap suit..no excuse last 70 yards got blown away in the lane...

Dahoss9698
06-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Sometimes I wonder why people bother following a sport they are so confused by. Gio Ponti hung? How so?

only11
06-05-2010, 06:14 PM
Sometimes I wonder why people bother following a sport they are so confused by. Gio Ponti hung? How so?
DA Hoss he had the lead after he weaved his way thru horses...are you serious..he hung at Tampa bay Downs...had the lead in the breeders cup..he hangs

Nikki1997
06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Off the layoff he was vulnerable, as well as the Dubai factor .

Until I see the race, I will assume he may have gotten outfinished, which is not hanging .

gm10
06-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Ramon didn't see the winner coming imo.
It was an impressive race even if he didn't win - he certainly didn't hang. Not many American horses could move through the field the way that Gio Ponti had to.

only11
06-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Ramon didn't see the winner coming imo.
It was an impressive race even if he didn't win - he certainly didn't hang. Not many American horses could move through the field the way that Gio Ponti had to.
Let me ask you....HE held the lead in the stretch in the BC classic..held the lead at Tampa and hung...at one point he had the lead in this race..whats the definition of hanging...

Stillriledup
06-05-2010, 06:23 PM
Seems like he lost his passing ability when he got wired by Interpretation a few lines down. To lose to a horse like that, means something is wrong.

only11
06-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Seems like he lost his passing ability when he got wired by Interpretation a few lines down. To lose to a horse like that, means something is wrong.
thank you.... he hung against INTERPRETATION WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU CALL THAT...?????

Stillriledup
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
thank you.... he hung against INTERPRETATION WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU CALL THAT...?????

Alarming.

gm10
06-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Let me ask you....HE held the lead in the stretch in the BC classic..held the lead at Tampa and hung...at one point he had the lead in this race..whats the definition of hanging...

I only watched the finish twice so I won't commit - but it looked like Ramon thought it was in the bag for the horse and let him gear down a bit.

He got beaten by the best horse in recent times at Santa. The one time he hung was against Intrapadation - not an excuse but a lot of good turf horses loses their kick when the surface is yielding.

Dahoss9698
06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
DA Hoss he had the lead after he weaved his way thru horses...are you serious..he hung at Tampa bay Downs...had the lead in the breeders cup..he hangs

There isn't enough time in the day to try and correct you. Have at it. He didn't hang.

I want to know how you hang when you get run down though. That is a new one on me.

only11
06-05-2010, 06:50 PM
There isn't enough time in the day to try and correct you. Have at it. He didn't hang.

I want to know how you hang when you get run down though. That is a new one on me.
DEFINE HANGER FOR ME..?

Dahoss9698
06-05-2010, 06:54 PM
DEFINE HANGER FOR ME..?

A hanger is a horse that won't go by another horse.

Mike_412
06-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Is this is a serious thread? Didn't you also start the one whether Monmouth would outhandle Belmont today? Am I missing something?

If Tipper gets custody of the internet I hope she shuts it down because stuff like this is a bit much to take.

only11
06-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Is this is a serious thread? Didn't you also start the one whether Monmouth would outhandle Belmont today? Am I missing something?

If Tipper gets custody of the internet I hope she shuts it down because stuff like this is a bit much to take.
You must have bet Gio Ponti?Again?

Mike_412
06-05-2010, 07:09 PM
You must have bet Gio Ponti?Again?

Pinckney Hill actually. Any other questions while I have a few free minutes or do you like making assumptions?

speed
06-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Ponti came home in 22.2 or so today.

I own 5 horses, i only wish they were all hangers like Gio Ponti.

only11
06-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Pinckney Hill actually. Any other questions while I have a few free minutes or do you like making assumptions?
Know more assumptions..i bet Take the Points..just seems to me Gio is finding ways to lose races to inferior horses,

toussaud
06-05-2010, 09:51 PM
does anyone here pay any attention at all to anything besides PP's?

CC basically came out with a bullhorn in an interview with becky whtizman on HRTV today and told you to not waste your money this is nothing more than a prep for the man o' war and he would not be "fit enough" to win today

GaryG
06-05-2010, 10:03 PM
Ponti came home in 22.2 or so today.

I own 5 horses, i only wish they were all hangers like Gio Ponti.He gained 5 lengths in the final quarter and it was run in :23.00. That was some hang job, expecially in a prep race.

cj's dad
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Winchester had EVERY reason to be considered a legit contender in this race !! His speed figs were similar to Gio's.

Gio's best # was a 114 and Winchester had a 113 !!, the best two #'s in the race !!

Gee, that's a tough call.

slew101
06-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I still can't believe Gomez took off Winchester for Strike a Deal after the run Winchester put in for him at Keeneland. But another perfect turf ride from Cornelio.

Jasonm921
06-06-2010, 01:08 AM

CC basically came out with a bullhorn in an interview with becky whtizman on HRTV today and told you to not waste your money this is nothing more than a prep for the man o' war and he would not be "fit enough" to win today

I think you are absolutely correct. I threw him out of the race because of this and the fact that the Dubai trips usually take a huge toll on these horses. Winchester was insurance and it paid off. Gio ran a hell of a lot better than I expected. He didn't hang he just got out kicked by a horse that neither he nor dominguez ever saw coming.

SoCalCircuit
06-06-2010, 01:35 AM
I think you are absolutely correct. I threw him out of the race because of this and the fact that the Dubai trips usually take a huge toll on these horses. Winchester was insurance and it paid off. Gio ran a hell of a lot better than I expected. He didn't hang he just got out kicked by a horse that neither he nor dominguez ever saw coming.

^ This. I threw Gio out as well mainly because I'm very big on the Dubai factor, but considering that, his post, and his odd and pretty grueling schedule of shipping all over the place the past months, Ponti ran very well and will be dangerous again this year. Clement had said he planned to scratch Winchester unless the turf was a little moist, which he figured would be his best race. Again, he didn't hang, just got caught by an underrated horse who was better that day, nothing more.

Stillriledup
06-06-2010, 01:38 AM
If Gio Ponti was 20-1, we would all be saying he raced great.

gm10
06-06-2010, 05:16 AM
If Gio Ponti was 20-1, we would all be saying he raced great.

on top of the troublesome trip, he was carrying 6lbs more than the winner

only11
06-06-2010, 07:13 AM

Trainer said same thing prior to his so called PREP race in TAMPA!!

Jasonm921
06-06-2010, 07:35 AM
Clement is a man of few words....when he speaks he does so pretty honestly.

only11
06-06-2010, 07:58 AM

hmmmmm let me get this straight......
He used a GRADE 1 race as a prep for the MAN O WAR...A GRADE 1..ok now i understand...you cant be serious..

Nikki1997
06-06-2010, 01:24 PM
on top of the troublesome trip, he was carrying 6lbs more than the winner

Finally watched the race--no hanging there whatsoever in a good effort considering the traffic, the layoff, and the Dubai hangover .

only11
06-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Finally watched the race--no hanging there whatsoever in a good effort considering the traffic, the layoff, and the Dubai hangover .
Gutless horse when looked in the eye never has a answer..look at his pps..

thespaah
06-06-2010, 01:44 PM
DAMMIT... I liked WInchester but not nearly enough to put him in the top spot on the exactas.
Of course I had Gio.....(FERTILIZER!!)
When will I learn...

Nikki1997
06-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Gutless horse when looked in the eye never has a answer..look at his pps..

We will just have to disagree .

A horse can have guts and still lose

I am aware of his pps, but thanks ..

only11
06-06-2010, 02:09 PM
We will just have to disagree .

A horse can have guts and still lose

I am aware of his pps, but thanks ..
respect your opinion...i will say this he doesnt win a race the rest of the year!

Nikki1997
06-06-2010, 03:05 PM
respect your opinion...i will say this he doesnt win a race the rest of the year!

Got a half a year left to see if you are right .

Respect your opinion, but I think he just may .