PDA

View Full Version : Monmouth down!!!

only11
06-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Never ends toteboard down..6th a no contest..

Arena Nut
06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
What happens to the pick5? So dissappointing was at monmouth last Saturday and the tote board did not work. They are destroying themselves.

Robert Goren
06-05-2010, 04:27 PM
you get an "all".

GaryG
06-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Only lost one race....7th is now official.

Dahoss9698
06-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I can only imagine the posts if this happened at Belmont.

garyscpa
06-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Somehow, they didn't decide it was a no-race until after the race, then they make the Pick 5 an all. I guess they didn't want to give up the track take. I needed my all in the 8th race, but I'll bet they won't give it to me.

Bush league operation.

comet52
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Looks like the 10th is going the same way, and I had the winner :mad:

GaryG
06-05-2010, 06:15 PM
It is F/U again.....if you had the 10th race winner don't count on getting paid.

Stillriledup
06-05-2010, 06:24 PM
I lost money on the 10th betting against the overbet 1, but threw her out of all exactas, so i didnt' win.

Can i get my money back?

Weems like they took very long to make it official.

Tom
06-05-2010, 06:26 PM
So much for utopia on the shore........:rolleyes:

alhattab
06-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Somehow, they didn't decide it was a no-race until after the race, then they make the Pick 5 an all. I guess they didn't want to give up the track take. I needed my all in the 8th race, but I'll bet they won't give it to me.

Bush league operation.

Lest anyone think the assertion in the first sentence is true, it is not. Announcement was made and shown on the tvs well before the race was run. Also, Pick 5 "all" was also clearly announced.

cj's dad
06-05-2010, 10:09 PM

Bush league operation.

Incorrectomundo !!

It was announced that this would be a race for purse money only !!

garyoz
06-05-2010, 10:37 PM
Incorrectomundo !!

It was announced that this would be a race for purse money only !!

Yeah, but you could still cancel your bet (oh--forgot the tote system was down). Actually don't think there was a good solution. Didn't play the pick-5, so it is theoretical to me, but in retrospect the "all" solution is probably the best--probably impossible to give players the option once the tote was up to either get a refund or let it ride with the "all" in the first leg. I'd think there is some statutory legalize in NJ about this. They may have been just following the statute.

cj's dad
06-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Seriously, WTF are they supposed to do??

Electrical malfunctions happen every day and one does not have to be in the business as I am to understand that !!

Any $$$ wagered on that race were refunded and all the races that had tie ins to that race were handled accordingly !!

S--T happens !!

philcski
06-06-2010, 12:08 AM

Electrical malfunctions happen every day and one does not have to be in the business as I am to understand that !!

Any $$$ wagered on that race were refunded and all the races that had tie ins to that race were handled accordingly !!

S--T happens !!

exactly, not like they wanted to refund the wagers. Was about 800k so it cost them 6 figures.

Kimsus
06-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Sabotage probably, alot of nervous people accross the Hudson.

garyscpa
06-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Lest anyone think the assertion in the first sentence is true, it is not. Announcement was made and shown on the tvs well before the race was run. Also, Pick 5 "all" was also clearly announced.

Sorry, I missed that.

onefast99
06-06-2010, 08:44 AM

S--T happens !!
The state gave 30m to MP for renovations for the 2007 Breeders Cup. Out of that money 6m went for a new electrical system, which included a renovation of the tote boards and a mobile tote board that has mysteriously disappeared over the past several years. The tote system has experienced outages prior to the renovations and after. I am sure Kulina will have this worked on this week along with moving the birds off the top of the speakers as they are decorating the owners boxes and making sitting in some of those boxes impossible.

comet52
06-06-2010, 09:04 AM
At least I got paid for the 10th. I can't remember ever having to sweat a winner before, it was like hoping some shady bookie would show up for the settle, lol.

the little guy
06-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Sabotage probably, alot of nervous people accross the Hudson.

Yup, it's NYRA's fault.

I would love to see what this thread would look like if the situation happened at a NYRA track instead of Monmouth. Fortunately we don't have to worry about that.

point given
06-06-2010, 11:28 AM
The state gave 30m to MP for renovations for the 2007 Breeders Cup. Out of that money 6m went for a new electrical system, which included a renovation of the tote boards and a mobile tote board that has mysteriously disappeared over the past several years. The tote system has experienced outages prior to the renovations and after. I am sure Kulina will have this worked on this week along with moving the birds off the top of the speakers as they are decorating the owners boxes and making sitting in some of those boxes impossible.

Tote board or large infield TV ? They used to have one of those too.

onefast99
06-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Tote board or large infield TV ? They used to have one of those too.
I wonder who's backyard that big screen TV monitor ended up in!

philcski
06-06-2010, 10:36 PM
The whole NYRA vs. Monmouth thing has gotten very old already. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2010, 11:51 AM
The whole NYRA vs. Monmouth thing has gotten very old already. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:Then why directly address it once again? Simply ignore it and if enough join you, it will go away quietly...