PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Pick 6 (One Million Guaranteed): Who are the Vulnerable Favorites?

andymays
06-05-2010, 10:31 AM
Who are some vulnerable favorites in the Belmont Pick 6 today and why are they vulnerable?

Just to start it off I would say Ice Box is a vulnerable favorite today because of the probable pace in today's race. While I don't think the pace will be as ultra slow as people think, Ice Box will not get the fast pace he has enjoyed in his last two races. I'm interested in Fly Down(top pick) and Uptowncharliebrown off the trainer switch and blinkers off.

Here are the morning line favorites in each pick 6 race.

6th :1: Eightyfiveinafifty

7th :5: Proviso

8th :3: Bribon (Custom for Carlos scratched)

9th :10: Tidal Pool

10th :1: Gio Ponti

11th :6: Ice Box

PhantomOnTour
06-05-2010, 10:43 AM
Tidal Pool is a huge bet against for me. Too many stakes tries and yet to win one....at least 6 times.
Can Discreetly Mine sit off Eightyfive and D'funnybone and get them?

andymays
06-05-2010, 10:46 AM
Tidal Pool is a huge bet against for me. Too many stakes tries and yet to win one....at least 6 times.
Can Discreetly Mine sit off Eightyfive and D'funnybone and get them?

Tidal Pool does look to be headed the wrong way to me.

I think they will send D'Funnybone and Eightyfiveinafifty may not see the lead.

miesque
06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
I think they are all vulnerable except for perhaps Proviso. I need to look at the True North again since I really liked Custom for Carlos in that spot and thought he was potentially single worthy. I am not touching Tidal Pool in the Acorn, there are too many others I think have a better shot. I think I may be in the lonely minority, but I actually prefer D'Funnybone in this spot because 7 furlongs appears to be his ideal distance perfect in three attempts and also has a win in his one attempt at Belmont and he does not carry the emotional baggage that Eightyfiveinafifty has (which I don't exactly see as an asset with a big crowd in attendence today). Gio Ponti is vulnerable coming back from Dubai but I am still using him but will also use Just As Well. As far as Ice Box, I can't take that short a price on a horse in the Belmont Stakes, especially considering how inconsistent this crop has been so far.

andymays
06-05-2010, 11:09 AM
I think they are all vulnerable except for perhaps Proviso. I need to look at the True North again since I really liked Custom for Carlos in that spot and thought he was potentially single worthy. I am not touching Tidal Pool in the Acorn, there are too many others I think have a better shot. I think I may be in the lonely minority, but I actually prefer D'Funnybone in this spot because 7 furlongs appears to be his ideal distance perfect in three attempts and also has a win in his one attempt at Belmont and he does not carry the emotional baggage that Eightyfiveinafifty has (which I don't exactly see as an asset with a big crowd in attendence today). Gio Ponti is vulnerable coming back from Dubai but I am still using him but will also use Just As Well. As far as Ice Box, I can't take that short a price on a horse in the Belmont Stakes, especially considering how inconsistent this crop has been so far.

The problem in the Proviso race is the pace but the one that looks to clear easy (Speak Easy Gal) may not be able to win anyway. Proviso definitely looks tough and is hard to throw out. It may come down to whoever gets the best trip between Proviso and Phola.

I'm guessing they're gonna send the hell out of D'Funnybone and maybe he can clear and win. I'm looking hard at Thank you Phillippe at a price but I haven't made up my mind yet.

I'm also staying away from Gio Ponti. I haven't made up my mind here yet either but what if Strike a Deal improves off his last? I'm not seeing a ton of pace in the race. Does anyone have the first quarter fraction of Strike a Deals last race?

citygoat
06-05-2010, 11:46 AM
i played;

4 1 2 10 1 3/11

i endorse this message.

rastajenk
06-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Is Belmont's P6 a $2 minimum?

andymays
06-05-2010, 11:48 AM
i played;

4 1 2 10 1 3/11

i endorse this message.

I believe the 2 is scratched in the third leg.

The thread is about vulnerable favorites and why they are vulnerable. Do you have one and can you explain why they might be vulnerable?

andymays
06-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Is Belmont's P6 a $2 minimum?

Yes.

only11
06-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Who are some vulnerable favorites in the Belmont Pick 6 today and why are they vulnerable?

Just to start it off I would say Ice Box is a vulnerable favorite today because of the probable pace in today's race. While I don't think the pace will be as ultra slow as people think, Ice Box will not get the fast pace he has enjoyed in his last two races. I'm interested in Fly Down(top pick) and Uptowncharliebrown off the trainer switch and blinkers off.

Here are the morning line favorites in each pick 6 race.

6th :1: Eightyfiveinafifty

7th :5: Proviso

8th :3: Bribon (Custom for Carlos scratched)

9th :10: Tidal Pool

10th :1: Gio Ponti

11th :6: Ice Box
Gio Ponti..Bribon...Proviso...vulnerable favorites..

miesque
06-05-2010, 01:29 PM
I just can't bet a short price in the True North now that Custom For Carlos is out, I don't like Bribon going six furlongs where he is right now. Went round and round and ended up on two longshots, Formidable and Fantasy Free. This is the race I am sticking my neck out, so my head will probably get chopped off.:D

andymays
06-05-2010, 02:14 PM
I just can't bet a short price in the True North now that Custom For Carlos is out, I don't like Bribon going six furlongs where he is right now. Went round and round and ended up on two longshots, Formidable and Fantasy Free. This is the race I am sticking my neck out, so my head will probably get chopped off.:D

I used 4 in my six. Bribon, Elusive Warning, Checklist, Fantasy Free.

big frank
06-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Ice Box is off my tickets.... I think third is the best he will finish.. Only using First Dude @ Fly Down

andymays
06-05-2010, 02:24 PM
Ice Box is off my tickets.... I think third is the best he will finish.. Only using First Dude @ Fly Down

Last time I saw the odds Ice Box was 3-2. Way too low for me. I don't think he gets in the money. Of course that statement probably puts him in the winners circle. :D

andymays
06-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Perfect ride on D'funnybone.

I don't know how to figure Discreetly Mine to go to the front.

rastajenk
06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
I used Dave in Dixie as the one to separate me from the pack (or from my money :eek: ), along with Fly Down.

Singled Da Bone, so the game's afoot. :jump:

Stillriledup
06-05-2010, 06:30 PM
I used Dave in Dixie as the one to separate me from the pack (or from my money :eek: ), along with Fly Down.

Singled Da Bone, so the game's afoot. :jump:

I threw out Dave when Sadler's other horse Crisp ran like she got shot between the eyes. Hope it doesnt haunt me.

andymays
06-05-2010, 06:45 PM
I don't know if it's me but every time I bet John Velasquez I feel like he's not giving 100%. I have to watch the race again but I thought he could have got a little busier with Fly Down.

930k Carryover at Belmont.

Stillriledup
06-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Carryover!

Imagine being the guy who was alive to first dude for 900k, your heart had to be coming out of your chest all the way....FD looked like a lock, i dont know how he got beat, just not fast enough i guess.

Stillriledup
06-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I dont see any Belmont entries for tomorrow, seems like we will all have 3 or 4 days to cap the pick 6.

jballscalls
06-05-2010, 06:53 PM
anyone got the exact carryover amount? gotta fax it out to my otb's :)

tbwinner
06-05-2010, 11:29 PM
Juicccyyyy carryover...$930,495.00 - Wednesday, June 9th

andymays
06-06-2010, 09:01 AM
I don't know if it's me but every time I bet John Velasquez I feel like he's not giving 100%. I have to watch the race again but I thought he could have got a little busier with Fly Down.

930k Carryover at Belmont.

It seems like as soon as he angled out the horse took off and started running. He should have done it a little sooner. Oh well.