PDA

View Full Version : How to manage PA

GameTheory
08-01-2003, 04:11 AM
I've recently found that a good way to keep yourself from getting too wrapped up in things around here to the point of distraction is to turn off the "automatically subscribe" feature that sends you, "So and so has responded..." emails about every thread you've posted into to. I was getting those things every 5 minutes all day long, which compels you to come back and check the threads all the time. Finally I turned it off two weeks ago. Although I'm still getting them for pre-two week old threads that are still getting posts (the change only applies to new threads, although you can unsubscribe manually to them if you like) it is slowing to a trickle. Now I check the board on my timetable for new messages instead of it pleading with me to check in all the time.

This also helps prevent "VetScratch syndrome", where you feel you need to personally respond to every new reply, whether you have something new to say or not. I suffer from that compulsion, but I'm recovering...

Suff
08-01-2003, 08:34 PM
I think its a Big thing... Maybe others will disagree.

The board is more "Live" and more "spirited" when we have a CONTEST going.

The last 30 days is the first time in 7-8 months we have'nt had an ACTIVE contest going.

We went right from the RidersUp to the Interboard to the AAC.

For Ridilin canditates like me.... a contest gives me a Toy to divert my attention......

They also bring some good guys around more often Like Sal, fffast, Zafonic and others.

Picking winners is why we are here. Basically.

Contest's keeps us Focused on the Mission.