PDA

View Full Version : someone anyone explain to me

toussaud
06-04-2010, 02:46 PM
what you have to do get DQ'ed in ny? apparantly laying on a horse the entire stretch isn't it.

Bruddah
06-04-2010, 02:56 PM
what you have to do get DQ'ed in ny? apparantly laying on a horse the entire stretch isn't it.

All you need is to be Tony Soprano with win tickets on another horse. :eek:

Foolish Pleasure
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM
THe process should be 100% transparent.
They should have cameras and microphones in the stewards room.

Wickel
06-04-2010, 04:08 PM

If you're talking about Belmont's fourth race today, I agree. But I believe the stewards were focusing on what happened right before the finish line, which was enough IMO. But more egregious was Krypton coming over on Nordic Truce right at the top of the lane. Unbelievable!!

rwwupl
06-04-2010, 04:34 PM

I agree completely.

.....And a detailed report after each race.

thespaah
06-04-2010, 06:05 PM
IMO there was no grounds for a DQ. That was incidental contact a a result of good race riding.
I saw the same video as everyone else.
The second place horse never lost his action nor shortened stride. Both riders were able to continue riding agressively. The rider on the second place horse did not lose his irons nor was he forced to take up or check.
Order was correct.
BTW, I did not bet on this race. So I have no financial dog in the fight.

Stillriledup
06-04-2010, 06:09 PM

I think racing needs a national office like the NHL has where a national body of the best stewards in racing look at every call. This way, you won't have any regional biases in the booth.

Also, no talking to riders. That also creates a bias for those who speak english very well. Jerry Bailey and Chris McCarron could sell snow to the eskimos, who knows how many DQ's (or non dqs)they got over the years on their speaking skills that they really shouldnt have gotten.

my_nameaintearl
06-04-2010, 06:20 PM
Also, no talking to riders. That also creates a bias for those who speak english very well. Jerry Bailey and Chris McCarron could sell snow to the eskimos, who knows how many DQ's (or non dqs)they got over the years on their speaking skills that they really shouldnt have gotten.

So since they speak English they should not be able to state their case? This is America if they work here they should be able to communicate or keep a translator handy.

Hanover1
06-04-2010, 07:08 PM
Most of these guys grew up riding where anything short of shoving your buddy out of the saddle was the norm. Most feel that if the outcome of a race is not affected by any contact, then order of finish stands.

thespaah
06-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Most of these guys grew up riding where anything short of shoving your buddy out of the saddle was the norm. Most feel that if the outcome of a race is not affected by any contact, then order of finish stands.In the Midwest and Kentucky, the stewards would have yawned if there was a jockey's objection on that race.

Hanover1
06-04-2010, 07:16 PM
In the Midwest and Kentucky, the stewards would have yawned if there was a jockey's objection on that race.
Seems they yawned after that one as well... :D

Greyfox
06-04-2010, 07:30 PM
I think racing needs a national office like the NHL has where a national body of the best stewards in racing look at every call.

Good idea but it will never happen.
The opposite would be like UFC, no holds barred anything goes.
That would stir public interest. ;)

Personally I think that there are too many races that come under the review of the Stewards at a lot of the tracks that I play.
Turf races seem particularly prone to being reviewed.
You have to hold all tickets just about every second turf race it seems.
This produces considerable anxiety waiting to see if your winning horse stays up or if an infraction took place how deep they will place it.
In general, I feel I've lost more of these rulings than I've won. That probably isn't so, but it feels that way. Recently, I actually had two go in my favor and it got me the Pick 3.

Stillriledup
06-04-2010, 07:50 PM
So since they speak English they should not be able to state their case? This is America if they work here they should be able to communicate or keep a translator handy.

No. If the judges can't make a call by what they see on video, they should leave the results stand.

PaceAdvantage
06-05-2010, 03:12 AM
Most of these guys grew up riding where anything short of shoving your buddy out of the saddle was the norm. Most feel that if the outcome of a race is not affected by any contact, then order of finish stands.That can't be it at all...at least at the NYRA...how else do you explain this take down:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034

Cholly
06-05-2010, 10:17 AM
IMO there was no grounds for a DQ. That was incidental contact a a result of good race riding.
I saw the same video as everyone else.
The second place horse never lost his action nor shortened stride. Both riders were able to continue riding agressively. The rider on the second place horse did not lose his irons nor was he forced to take up or check.
Order was correct.
BTW, I did not bet on this race. So I have no financial dog in the fight.

Also did not bet, but watched. I second everything you say but disagree with your assertion of Maragh's "good' race riding--that was "GREAT!" race riding. He deftly walked the fine line of keeping the other well bottled up without incurring a foul. The Owner should double his pay for that ride.

Robert Goren
06-05-2010, 10:22 AM
what you have to do get DQ'ed in ny? apparantly laying on a horse the entire stretch isn't it. They knew I had money on the race and wanted to screw me. Sorry that you caught up in it.:rolleyes:

toussaud
06-05-2010, 10:26 AM
actually i did not wager the race. just a fan watching a good horse race.

Hanover1
06-05-2010, 11:30 AM
That can't be it at all...at least at the NYRA...how else do you explain this take down:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70034
I did say "most feel" in my response. Never declared that they are/were competent.........