PDA

View Full Version : Census Worker Claims Job Numbers Are Being Inflated

andymays
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/06/03/census_worker_claims_job_numbers_are_being_inflate d.html

Excerpt:

"What they do is hire you, they train you like a few weeks -- 35, 40 hours of training and give you six hours of productive work and lay you off." a former Census named "Maria" tells FOX News. "Maria" further explains they rehire you so it counts as a new job.

prospector
06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
nothing obama and his henchmen do surprises me anymore..

Tom
06-04-2010, 11:05 AM
New hires for real jobs was the worst month in along time.
Not good.
Scary.

jballscalls
06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
any gov't added job should count as a -1 in the job totals instead of a +1, or in the case of census workers, a +2 or +3

ddog
06-04-2010, 11:52 AM
EPIC FAIL.

You DO NOT recover from a hangover by tripling the amount of "spirits" you ingest or by denying that you are a drunken bum to begin with.

The policy of this gvt (and most all the western gvts) have set the path for a disaster. This is nothing as to whats coming.

The idiots tried to shove all the bad crap and insane leverage into a public black hole to save the "system".

Won't work, never does.

The focus on these fairy tale jobs nbrs is stupid anyway. The rot must be written down and/or defaulted. Nobody believes any balance sheet anymore , most are whole lies and fabrications.

I hope at least some of you have prepared.

skate
06-04-2010, 01:11 PM
any gov't added job should count as a -1 in the job totals instead of a +1, or in the case of census workers, a +2 or +3

Now that is refreshing. specially in dees times.

Right on the Money babe, ballsey-callsey, yes sirsey.

Kind of reminds me of my Skating Days, i'd like to know "how is the Ice", really.:)

newtothegame
06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
EPIC FAIL.

You DO NOT recover from a hangover by tripling the amount of "spirits" you ingest or by denying that you are a drunken bum to begin with.

The policy of this gvt (and most all the western gvts) have set the path for a disaster. This is nothing as to whats coming.

The idiots tried to shove all the bad crap and insane leverage into a public black hole to save the "system".

Won't work, never does.

The focus on these fairy tale jobs nbrs is stupid anyway. The rot must be written down and/or defaulted. Nobody believes any balance sheet anymore , most are whole lies and fabrications.

I hope at least some of you have prepared.

Dog...per our last conversation, I want to thank you for being civil...
And to the topic at hand, I am with ya on this one. I think this (and what happened in the markets today) is not even beginning to scratch the surface of whats to come.
I also agree that numbers are just that..NUMBERS. They can be skewed in any way and any direction based on the message you want the reader to see. With the rising debt at and passing GDP...no real industry to talk about...our continued reliance on foreign commodities...and the americans "lazy" attitude...I see it only heading down!!!

boxcar
06-04-2010, 09:58 PM
...and the americans "lazy" attitude...I see it only heading down!!!

Yup, too many Americans are going Euro on us. And we see how that's working out over in those "enlightened" countries.

Boxcar

ElKabong
06-04-2010, 10:08 PM
Most Transparent Administration Ever...

Their lies are easier to spot, i'll give them that

JustRalph
06-05-2010, 02:21 AM
This job report was supposed to be huge for Obama. Some places were already writing about how it was going to show a turnaround. Oops.......

All the media was prepared to ignore this until the market tanked over 300 points........now they have to pay attention..........

The market didn't buy it.....the spin...so now they can't

bigmack
06-05-2010, 02:34 AM
Call a boatload of buses. Send word to every census worker their services are needed elsewhere. Gather up CensTakers in buses. Drive to Gulf.

Give white suits and have them sit on the coast every 20'. That's money well spent. Meanwhile, we'll adopt a "turn your undeclared neighbor in" program out in here in the real world to hep out with them popoolation numbers.

Shit man. Do something! Fudging numbers on the HC bill. Likewise with employment numbers, ram rodding legislation, foreign affairs nightmare.

Just zero in on something and do it well. I vow that if this clown continues in this direction that I'll start a parody BO site from now until Nov '12 and the traffic will be of biblical proportions.