PDA

View Full Version : NY Gaming Summit June 21-22/10

trying2win
06-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I see they are holding a NY Gaming Summit on June 21-22/10:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/57338/ny-gaming-summit-set-for-june-21-22?source=rss

Are you optimistic there will be some positive recommendations that'll put more money in customers' (the bettors') pockets, such as lowering takeouts like TIOGA DOWNS has done on the harness side? Or, are you cynical that it'll be the same old recommendations that take more money out of the customers pockets like higher takeouts, increased admission, food and beverage prices, subsidies to any money-losing OTB'S etc?

Have any PACE ADVANTAGE members got any questions, opinions, or advice for the speakers at this confereence? Some reasons I ask that, is because I don't see any speakers listed from the customers perspective on the speaker list, such as a HANA representative or a well-known handicapping author etc.
Perhaps some New York racetrack executives read the posts at PACE ADVANTAGE, and will note members' comments here.

I see the chairman of the company that owns TIOGA DOWNS will be a speaker. That's the only optimistic thing I could see in the article. I can only hope he'll be recommending that all the race track executives from the other New York tracks follow TIOGA DOWNS lead in lowering takeouts.

I also noted that there is person named Dick Powell, racing industry consultant. I wonder what his credentials are? In my opinion, the best racing industry consultants are PACE ADVANTAGE members who bet on horse races.

T2W

Figman
06-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Dick Powell IS a Pace Advantage member.
He has about 50 posts here on this board.

Dick Powell
06-04-2010, 11:46 PM
I testified before the Future of OTB Panel last August and told them in order for them to compete in an open market, they have to get rid of the surcharge. I also testified as to how futile and self-destrucutive it will be if NY decides to ban out-of-state ADWs from taking bets from NY residents.

My comments are in the following meeting minutes:
http://www.otbfuture.com/Mtg_Minutes_20090820.pdf