PDA

View Full Version : Gary Coleman 911 call.....

JustRalph
06-03-2010, 06:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jHJozCh6vE

7jHJozCh6vE

If you haven't heard this.......it is kind of interesting. He was obviously married to a wingnut............ but please note the speed in which the 911 operator is typing in the background.......... listen to the keyboard.

As a former 911 operator I can tell you that hundreds of calls like this happen every day.......mostly women callers who are almost no help at all........please take the time to talk to your wives and daughters, and your sons. It is not gender specific, but in my experience the women are much worse than men on how to handle emergency situations. It could be your own life you are saving.

This includes location determination 75 percent of people have no idea where they really are when they call 911 from a cell phone. They don't know street names/mile markers etc. It is very important. You would also be surprised how many people don't know their "real address" but that's another conversation........

Don't get me wrong......... I don't think anything this caller could have done would have saved Gary Coleman........but it is a fine example of the types of calls that come in...........she tries toward the end........and interacts with him pretty well, but her reluctance to help I find kind of weird.

cj's dad
06-03-2010, 08:50 PM
There was a 911 call played on the local news several years ago here in B'more where the mother was calling in regard to her young son choking on something and when she was asked where she lived she DID NOT HER OWN ADDRESS.

When pressed she said she lived ACROSS THE STREET FROM HER SISTERS HOUSE !!

The child died as a result of her ignorance !!

jballscalls
06-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Ralph, thank you for posting. i heard clips of this on the Bubba the love sponge show this afternoon and i she sure didn't seem to concerned or worried about him. If you notice she says "me or I" about as much if not more than she talks about him and whats going on. she kept saying she was having anxiety attacks and would pass out if she got to close to him or saw blood and kept talking about her problems instead of his as he's lying on the floor.

As someone who suffers from Panic Disorder, i can tell you panic attacks are hard to live with, but you get past them in a few seconds if not minutes and they usually only happen in harmless situations. generally in a stressful situation like the one she was in, the panic response (fight or flight) generally is helpful. she really sounded off base in a lot of ways

JustRalph
06-03-2010, 10:57 PM
There was a 911 call played on the local news several years ago here in B'more where the mother was calling in regard to her young son choking on something and when she was asked where she lived she DID NOT HER OWN ADDRESS.

When pressed she said she lived ACROSS THE STREET FROM HER SISTERS HOUSE !!

The child died as a result of her ignorance !!

I used to love this one......... " I am right here by the Mcdonalds"

Do you know how many McDonald's there are in the average big city :lol:

I got this one once......... " I want to report a dead girl in the street, but I ain't telling you where I am, I don't want to get involved"

Sure enough somebody else called a half an hour later and reported the "dead girl in the street" and gave the location. And sure as hell there was a dead girl in the street :bang:

All Kidding aside, please instruct your children and family members on how to call 911 and the police, and give their accurate location.

Btw, Tracking cell phones is a joke......don't count on it...... it works about half the time............

Steve 'StatMan'
06-04-2010, 05:56 AM
"Whatchoo talkin' about Shannon?"