PDA

View Full Version : Obama and da boys going to tax your IPAD

JustRalph
06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
They are considering taxing "consumer electronics to save the Publishing business.......? ????

To its credit, the FTC does ask how to pay for all this. So the staffers speculated about what I'll dub the iPad tax -- a 5 percent surcharge on consumer electronics to raise $4 billion for news. They also consider a tax on broadcast spectrum and even on advertising.
Most dangerous of all, the FTC considers a doctrine of "proprietary facts," as if anyone should gain the right to restrict the flow of information just as the information is opening it up. Copyright law protects the presentation of news but no one owns facts -- and if anyone did, you could be forbidden from sharing them. How does that serve free speech?

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/how_not_to_save_news_2g7IgzaZNuwuZU80CVcQ7M#ixzz0p pfB5EXK

Jeff Jarvis is really in tune with the Computer industry......always has been and I have been following him for a few years......he knows what he is talking about

jballscalls
06-03-2010, 11:53 PM
They are considering taxing "consumer electronics to save the Publishing business.......? ????

To its credit, the FTC does ask how to pay for all this. So the staffers speculated about what I'll dub the iPad tax -- a 5 percent surcharge on consumer electronics to raise $4 billion for news. They also consider a tax on broadcast spectrum and even on advertising.
Most dangerous of all, the FTC considers a doctrine of "proprietary facts," as if anyone should gain the right to restrict the flow of information just as the information is opening it up. Copyright law protects the presentation of news but no one owns facts -- and if anyone did, you could be forbidden from sharing them. How does that serve free speech?

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/how_not_to_save_news_2g7IgzaZNuwuZU80CVcQ7M#ixzz0p pfB5EXK

Jeff Jarvis is really in tune with the Computer industry......always has been and I have been following him for a few years......he knows what he is talking about

Jeff Jarvis was on Stern the other week with Jeff Schick from IBM and Jarvis came across like a dick and Schick seemed to be more on the ball discussing the ipad , but i like his writing here and his point, thanks for sharing

Robert Goren
06-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I would be in favor of special tax on Mac heads. Their holier than thou attitude has worn a bit thin with me.:rolleyes:

newtothegame
06-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I would be in favor of special tax on Mac heads. Their holier than thou attitude has worn a bit thin with me.:rolleyes:

Sluethy....I am sure you know this...but, I don't think ITS about macs. Its about the TAX. Whats next?? Every time I use the restroom will there be a coin operated tax machine for the seat to lift??? Even though water usage is already taxed lol. Point is tax tax tax....
Do you not see where all of this is headed??? Why don't we as a country find solutions to problems versus using taxes to bandaid the problems??? :bang:

johnhannibalsmith
06-04-2010, 12:46 AM
I propose a Forest Tax to preserve the tree watching industry being hampered by all of these darned periodicals.

PaceAdvantage
06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
These kinds of dangerous thinkers can't possibly win at the polls ever again...we must make absolutely sure of this in 2010 and 2012...

Robert Goren
06-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Of course it is about the tax, but the title of thread just got me all excited that the snob Mac heads were going some come uppings. I had to listen to two Mac heads gripping everyday for three years about having to use PCs at work. It really does get old very fast.

fast4522
06-04-2010, 06:18 PM
The people who think the taxes are great are those who probably will not buy the items. Most felons are O.K. with gun control because they can not legally own anyway. If you play by the rules they want you to suffer too, just talk from two sides of the face. As a people more numbers have to stand up and say if you want it "you" pay for it, and by the way stay the hell out of my back yard!