PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts for the Belmont undercard?

SoCalCircuit
06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Anyone had a chance to look this over yet for the P4 or P6? I've been nulling it over for a while the past two days and can't really find any possible singles. For the True North I don't really like Bribon in this spot, Custom for Carlos may just be too good, but I could also see some of these California shippers doing some damage. For the Acorn I really don't see anyone beating Amen Haleliuah except maybe Tidal Pool. As for the Manhattan I have a strong hunch Gio Ponti will not win here, nor Take the Points, as I am a strong believer of the "Dubai bounce". I'm really looking at maybe Just as Well and Court Vision here. Thoughts?

MickJ26
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
I'm going to single Eightyfiveinafifty in the Woody Stephens and Fly Down in the Belmont and spread in the other four races and hope for the best. After going to California, Florida and Dubai, I think Gio Ponti will be happy to be home. There's supposed to be heavy rain on Friday, including hail, so I'm not sure what the turf condition will be. If it's good or firm, I might single Gio. If it's soft or yielding, I'll might go all.

andymays
06-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Strong undercard highlights Belmont day - Thoroughbred Times

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/racing-news/2010/June/02/Strong-undercard-highlights-Belmont-day.aspx

Excerpt:

Three Grade 1 races and two Grade 2 events make up the meat of a strong Belmont Stakes (G1) undercard on Saturday at Belmont Park.