PDA

View Full Version : Calvin works the Bird

joanied
06-03-2010, 11:01 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/113494.html

Very impressive work. Looks like the little Bird is coming back just fine, IMO. I look forward to him running...hope we don't have to wait too long...the Whitney is the main target right now, but I suppose Lukas will find a sopt for him before that.
I'm happy he is coming back:jump:

Hanover1
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/article/113494.html

Very impressive work. Looks like the little Bird is coming back just fine, IMO. I look forward to him running...hope we don't have to wait too long...the Whitney is the main target right now, but I suppose Lukas will find a sopt for him before that.
I'm happy he is coming back:jump:
Will be interesting in passing only for me.....me thinks they need a softer spot to look good.....Lukas loves to bury them. Im just sayin......

joanied
06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Remember, Lukas also has to deal with MTB's owners...and even though they have known each other for decades, Lukas will still have to pretty much do what they want...maybe I'm wrong about that...I do agree Lukas gets too ambitious most of the time, at least over the last several years...IMO, he wants to get back in the limelight, and since Dublin seems to disappoint more often than not, MTB may be his ticket this year...for better or worse, eh!?
I'm not a big fan of Lukas, but I do hope the little gelding can win some races this year...and this last work sure looks good...and because MTB IS with Lukas, he'll be a lot more than a passing interest for me...I'm gonna keep tabs on him and hope for the best:)

WinterTriangle
06-03-2010, 01:33 PM
since Dublin seems to disappoint more often than not

I think that may have more to do with how he's been campaigned. Dublin could be a very successful horse had he been running all year in races where the distance was more suitable for him.

Maybe a variation on what Hanover said.

letswastemoney
06-03-2010, 02:02 PM
Hopefully they don't mess with Mine That Bird's running style. But if they don't, I think the little Bird will be fine. He just needs to stay on dirt tracks and catch a legitimate pace.

joanied
06-03-2010, 09:02 PM
I think that may have more to do with how he's been campaigned. Dublin could be a very successful horse had he been running all year in races where the distance was more suitable for him.

Maybe a variation on what Hanover said.

Winter...I was trying to say what you did in a tactical way...so thanks for jumping in...I agree, Lukas has not done a good job of placing Dublin...just didn't wanna say it:faint:

letswastemoney...I do think Lukas is still smart enough to know better than to try changing MTB's running style.

Tom
06-03-2010, 09:19 PM
2WNrx2jq184&feature=related