PDA

View Full Version : 1/8ths and 7/8ths calls

Trotman
06-02-2010, 09:36 PM
I was wondering if any darksiders we're finding the 1/8th and 7/8th calls that WEG has started using helpful. in their charts they are also indicating off the gate and using the Trakus distance.

Sea Biscuit
06-03-2010, 12:45 AM
I was wondering if any darksiders we're finding the 1/8th and 7/8th calls that WEG has started using helpful. in their charts they are also indicating off the gate and using the Trakus distance.

Since this info is not printed in the program, I hardly ever go to the results sheets to check the 1/8 and the 7/8 times. I can do without them.

Best

Sea Biscuit

Trotman
06-03-2010, 06:09 AM
The reason for it not being in the program "YET" is because
word has it TrackMaster and the USTA don't want to change. But knowing WEG when they start something they don't like to be told you can't so we'll just have to wait and see. I read this as TrackMaster and the USTA telling the fans take what we give you and like it. And with fans staying away and handles down their timing is way off for this attitude.

Pacingguy
06-03-2010, 06:54 AM
The reason for it not being in the program "YET" is because
word has it TrackMaster and the USTA don't want to change. But knowing WEG when they start something they don't like to be told you can't so we'll just have to wait and see. I read this as TrackMaster and the USTA telling the fans take what we give you and like it. And with fans staying away and handles down their timing is way off for this attitude.

I think it has more to do with, we are not going to change our entire set up for only one track.

Also, it is fine if you have a trackus system to capture the information for, but you are asking a clerk of course to track two additional points of call manually? This information gets reported shortly after a race is complete so it's not like they can go back to the video tape to do this.

The other issue is there are people claiming the program is confusing already, do you want to muddy things up further?