PDA

View Full Version : I think Ice Box is a poor choice on Saturday

letswastemoney
06-02-2010, 03:58 PM
He may very well win. But, everyone and their mother's mother will be pounding him hard at the windows.

I don't think the other horses' abilities are that far off from Ice Box, even if Ice Box has more talent. So the odds on the other horses will be higher relative to their chances to win.

Then again Ice Box could win, so who knows.

Dahoss9698
06-02-2010, 04:00 PM
How hard to you think he will be bet? He's a lukewarm favorite.

GaryG
06-02-2010, 04:06 PM
The first three line choices look like the likely trifecta to me, not in that order. At this point I prefer First Dude over both of Zito's horses. Duuuude is in peaking form and figures to be on an easy lead. However, if someone else goes balls out for the lead then Dominguez can stalk.

Dahoss9698
06-02-2010, 04:10 PM
The first three line choices look like the likely trifecta to me, not in that order. At this point I prefer First Dude over both of Zito's horses. Duuuude is in peaking form and figures to be on an easy lead. However, if someone else goes balls out for the lead then Dominguez can stalk.

I pretty much agree. Plan on using all 3 in any multi race plays. If one of the 3 drift up a little oddswise, maybe I'll bet them to win.

I wish I had some sort of a clever idea, but to me it seems like there are 3 horses that can win and 9 who can't.

letswastemoney
06-02-2010, 04:12 PM
How hard to you think he will be bet? He's a lukewarm favorite.9/5ish. Maybe I'm over thinking it.

He looked like an expressway in the Derby, but the pace collapsed in front of him. I think he'll finish in the money though.

tbwinner
06-02-2010, 05:00 PM
I liked First Dude but I think the 11 hole won't allow him to get there fast enough. I have either of Zito's horses (Fly Down and Ice Box) on top, I'm liking Fly Down more though. No doubt Ice Box will be hammered down, anyone care to wager on post-time odds? My guess even money, if not down to 7-5.

Dahoss9698
06-02-2010, 08:08 PM
I liked First Dude but I think the 11 hole won't allow him to get there fast enough. I have either of Zito's horses (Fly Down and Ice Box) on top, I'm liking Fly Down more though. No doubt Ice Box will be hammered down, anyone care to wager on post-time odds? My guess even money, if not down to 7-5.

There is no way he'll be even money and I can't see him being 7-5 either. I'm thinking in the 2-1 range.

FEARTHECHOMP
06-02-2010, 10:31 PM
Ditto Dahoss...

People will be all over the lone speed and Fly Down off his last....

Ice box at 2-1 or 5/2 you go 2 fisted to the windows..

tbwinner
06-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Although I like Ice Box and Fly Down on top, I must say I have an attraction to Drosselmeyer, improving every single one of his last stakes runs, running a respectable 2nd in the Dwyer at Belmont behind Fly Down after being blocked and breaking slow. 12/1 Morning Line gives him some good value there.

letswastemoney
06-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Although I like Ice Box and Fly Down on top, I must say I have an attraction to Drosselmeyer, improving every single one of his last stakes runs, running a respectable 2nd in the Dwyer at Belmont behind Fly Down after being blocked and breaking slow. 12/1 Morning Line gives him some good value there.
How do you explain Fly Down's Louisiana Derby effort (or should I say non-effort). I like him too, but I've been watching video of this race over and over to see if I could rationalize him finishing 9th.

FrE71tJKxao

letswastemoney
06-03-2010, 02:30 AM
This is an interesting video with comments by Fly Down's owner after he won the Dwyer.

Although I'm probably not being smart in posting good things about Fly Down if I'm going to play him...lol

Jea8-z0z3eA

JustRalph
06-03-2010, 06:49 AM
I don't know how you could get anything out of that replay?

That sucked! I couldn't even see the horses except as a blob on the back stretch and hardly any better in the stretch? What were they using a 28 mm lense? They forget to zoom in a little .............

lamboguy
06-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Ditto Dahoss...

People will be all over the lone speed and Fly Down off his last....

Ice box at 2-1 or 5/2 you go 2 fisted to the windows..
i will be running to the windows right after you, and i highly doubt ice box will be 3-1. i will go in on UPTOWN CHARLIE BROWN. the last time i liked a belmont stake this much was when conquistador cielo won by 20 lengths. and i think uptown is a better horse than cielo was.

GaryG
06-03-2010, 09:05 AM
i will go in on UPTOWN CHARLIE BROWN. the last time i liked a belmont stake this much was when conquistador cielo won by 20 lengths. and i think uptown is a better horse than cielo was.Shirley you can't be serious.....

PhantomOnTour
06-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Lambo, you do know that Cielo won the Met Mile on Monday and then the Belmont six days later, right? Uptown has won what now???

letswastemoney
06-05-2010, 03:50 AM
Well I have thought about this some more, and the more I think about it, the more I like Ice Box.

I mean, this field sucks. Even with a moderate pace, maybe Ice Box can still do it.

But I also think Fly Down is just as good.

I've been considering Stately Victor more and more because those who ran in the Kentucky Derby, skip the Preakness, then run in the Belmont generally do well.

Although Make Music for Me fits the same profile, I do not like his pedigree, and the price on Stately Victor will be better.

Officially, I believe Fly Down will win.

Ice Box will finish in the money.

Stately Victor might get a piece.

Drosselmeyer would be my 4th choice.

WinterTriangle
06-05-2010, 06:01 AM
i will go in on UPTOWN CHARLIE BROWN.

Lambo, interesting pick! There are a number of pedigree experts who love this horse. Bill Lathrop, the well-known author of Modern Conduit Mares, and an expert on evaluating the female influences within the pedigree and tail female (Conduit Mare) aptitudinal designations---- likes your horse, too.

The family is loaded---- with triple crown winners, several Arc de Triomphe winners, Kentucky Derby winners, Epsom Derby, Preakness, BC Classic and even St. Leger winner.

If you are not playing a from a traditional handicapping angle, I would say that this horse's female side is pretty darn impressive.

So, good luck with him! (I'm not using as I am putting together my own bombers). If you win on him I'll be kicking myself

judd
06-05-2010, 07:19 PM
poor choice it was :ThmbDown:

letswastemoney
06-05-2010, 07:39 PM
poor choice it was :ThmbDown:
Yup should have stuck with my initial feeling.

Oh well, I was wrong in using Make Music for Me and Stately Victor anyway. I used Drosselmeyer, but not on top...