View Full Version : Lou Pena Responds---Exclusive Interview

Sea Biscuit
06-02-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=81014

LottaKash
06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=81014
Hey Biscuit, thx for posting that...

I read that interview....What a crock....On the surface it sounds as if Lou Pena speaks of himself as Mr. Clean, and what did I do ?....

I am surprised that his former convictions at Cal-X were not brought up (He said that he had to leave because it had gone downhill there, but, perhaps something to do with him and his ilk, may be why ?)....He is a crook, and nothing was ever mentioned of his willingness to steal "OUR MONEY", not one inkling of that, in that interview...

Something is amiss with this guy, so I am still not taken in by that crook, not one bit...He could be a nice guy and a good trainer if he chose to, but a crook is still a crook, and they don't change.....He wants more of our Kash...48yrs of hoss racin', suggests this to me...

best,

RaceTrackDaddy
06-02-2010, 06:40 PM
Like Freddy Fender sang, I wasted my time reading that hogwash. What a bunch of softball questions....why not ask about his problems with positive tests in Ca?

He wishes they all would race from the D Barn as he would ship out and race elsewhere...If I was the Big M, I would bring it back just to see his reaction.

Lou Pena, the hottest trainer in the sport, gives Trackmaster's Speed Ratings all the credit in his success (and his shoesmith talents)...My question would be are the injections oil or water based? With the number of lasix horses today, I would bet the answer would be water...

thanks for the post...love to hear both sides before I hate the guy...or what he stands for

Trotman
06-02-2010, 06:44 PM
Pena is just doing the Bill Robinson schtick because he learned if you stick it back in the publics face long enough you will have made your money and had a career, just like
Robinson did until they banned him for life.

Pacingguy
06-03-2010, 06:58 AM
I was told it was meant to be a human interest story and not meant to deal with Cohen's charges. Hence, the fluff piece it was.

Harnesslink reports unfconfirmed reports that Pena's barn was raided.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=81030

mirror Image
06-03-2010, 09:34 AM
To quote a line from a Clint Eastwood movie...

"Hang'em...Hang'em high" :lol:

Hanover1
06-03-2010, 04:20 PM
This will all come to light when frozen samples are re-tested.....EPO type testing was not always around, and variables abound in the labs of creative chemists. The Olympic "clear" scandal comes to mind.....took years to come to the truth, all while athletes denied everything. Dropping proven, cheap, aged claimers 2-3 seconds lower than lifetime best, first time after claim has nothing to do with shoeing or physical therapy. Certainly not with the frequency observed from that shed.....numbers do not lie, people do.....Stanley himself never turned them around with that frequency.