PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide netween two titles

Crassius
05-31-2010, 08:52 PM
The easy answer is get em both, and I may well do that, but don't see the need to pay twice for the same information. I am deciding between these two books.

Exotic Wagering Formulas by Tom Walters

Exotic Betting How to Make the Multihorse, Multirace Bets that Win Racing's Biggest Payoffs by Steven Crist

What I want is a book that will help me construct the most efficient tickets, not a book on which wager is what.

Any opinions?

GameTheory
05-31-2010, 09:05 PM
More Bang for Your Buck by Karl Johan Ljungberg

Crassius
05-31-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the reply. I found that at Gamblers Bookshop.

While serching I also stumbled across:

EZ Pick 6 Calculator that also applies to Ex through Pick 5.

That seems like a better solution than doing it by hand.

Any opinions?

JustRalph
05-31-2010, 10:47 PM
If you are looking for a nice little system on how to place bets with efficiency and in a straight forward manner.......get Tom Walters. It is more like a notebook size pamphlet, not a full size book. But very very good if you ask me. Just a plain ole primer on how to structure exotic tickets. And they work well.

Tom is a hell of a nice guy too. I have spent several hours playing in the Keeneland Simul with him and he never goes a few races without being live in a couple different pick 3-4's and cashes a nice little pot of Trifecta's every day.

I am also re-reading the kindle version of the Exotic Betting as I type this.

It is a must for anybody serious about playing exacta's and Pick 3-4 tickets.

Tom for structuring tickets......Crist for the nuts and bolts

Rutgers
05-31-2010, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the reply. I found that at Gamblers Bookshop.

While serching I also stumbled across:

EZ Pick 6 Calculator that also applies to Ex through Pick 5.

That seems like a better solution than doing it by hand.

Any opinions?

On the web page for the EZ Pick 6 calculator they give an example of a way you can structure a $162 Pick-6 ticket for $18 so that if each of your horse win you are guaranteed to collect at least 1 consolation ticket.

The problem is that's not true, in order to do that the ticket needs to be $30.(and it can be done on 5 separate tickets.)

For example, if the results were S-S-A-A-B-C you would not have at least 5 out of 6.

Since the free example on the home page is not correct, I would have much confidence in the product. (and in my opionion that is not a very good way to play the Pick 6 anyway.)

FWIW, here is a link for a Pick 6 Spread calculator at Del Mar's webite

http://www.dmtc.com/handicapping/pick6/

It also does Pick 3 and Pick 4 tickets.

Crassius
06-01-2010, 12:04 AM
. (and in my opionion that is not a very good way to play the Pick 6 anyway.)

I'm not sure exactly what they are doing.... doesn't look good the mistake you pointed out, and the fact that I can find no information on it other than the site itself. For the hell of it I'll download the trial and see what it does.

Thanks for the spread calculator link.... that's what I would have thought EZ was doing....

It seems to me a calculator that took your picks along with your odds line could spit out the perfect spread ticket and betting amounts... thats what I thought EZ Pick 6 Calulator might be doing.

I guess I'll start with Tom's book and go from there. I have seen other compliments for it elsewhere.

clore1030
06-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Since the free example on the home page is not correct, I would have much confidence in the product. (and in my opionion (sic) that is not a very good way to play the Pick 6 anyway.)

You would have a lot of confidence in something that provides an incorrect example? Somehow I can't believe that what you are saying is what you meant.

Maybe it was similar for the person who offered the free example.

Rutgers
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
You would have a lot of confidence in something that provides an incorrect example? Somehow I can't believe that what you are saying is what you meant.

You are correct, I meant to say "I would NOT have much confidence in the product." I left out the NOT in my first post by mistake.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Rutgers
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Maybe it was similar for the person who offered the free example.

Maybe it was.

But I see a key difference.

My mistake was a "typo", leaving out a 3 letter work. If you read the rest of the post, the sentence in question does not make sense, which may indicate there is a typo.

The website left out 6 combinations, not exactly a typo. Plus, if you read elsewhere on the website, it leads you to believe you can cover with just 9 combinations, which again is not exactly a typo.