PDA

View Full Version : Coulda Shoulda Woulda

SmartyLane
05-31-2010, 06:43 PM
I know this is a loaded question but........

What horse had as good of chance as any of winning the Triple Crown but for whatever reason never got the chance to even run in a single leg of it?

Just curious to see what some of you would think. Quality Road is what made me think of this. He has been my favorite since the Fountain Of Youth last year, then confirmed that in the Florida Derby. I think he could of won the Derby and Preakness......Belmont who knows?? I do think he was head and shoulders better then any other 3 year olds at the TC time period. Summer Bird is one that comes to mind that really came to his best at the Belmont and after.

Your thoughts?

OTM Al
05-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Saw both live, QR at the FL Derby and I Want Revenge at the Gotham and Wood. I still believe that I Want Revenge was better. May not have stayed that way through the TC but he was primed. Regardless, if you look back to those three races, I don't think you can say QR was head and shoulders better. It may be fair to say he was better then, but not by much.

PaceAdvantage
05-31-2010, 07:23 PM
What horse had as good of chance as any of winning the Triple Crown but for whatever reason never got the chance to even run in a single leg of it?Seeing the first two legs this year, I have to believe Eskendereya would have been going for the Triple Crown in about five days.

Edward DeVere
05-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Graustark.

Pick6
05-31-2010, 09:39 PM
Buckpasser, easily.

Cardus
05-31-2010, 09:48 PM
Zenyatta.

SmartyLane
05-31-2010, 11:00 PM
OTM Al you are right about IWR. I think QR was better but IWR could of easily been there also.

As for the mention of Zenyatta, she didn't run as a 3 year old so therefore was never on the TC Trail. Horses that were at one time on the trail are the ones I am referring to.