PDA

View Full Version : The next sire that will produce a TC winner?

only11
05-31-2010, 05:47 PM
If you had to choose a sire right NOW that you think could produce the next triple crown winner who would your choice be?

If i had a choice it would be ROCK HARD TEN...

letswastemoney
05-31-2010, 07:28 PM
AP Indy. Not many sires can produce G1 12 furlong winners.

Skanoochies
05-31-2010, 08:45 PM
He hasn`t been born yet and his sire and dam have already passed on.

toussaud
05-31-2010, 09:07 PM
ap indy's don't mature fast enough to make the derby for the most part... and actually win it. they take some commin around.

it's either going to be IMHO birdstone, candy ride, Elusive Quality or believe it or soemthing like big brown or smarty jones. doesn't have to be a good sire just has to hit it out the park once.

sires that can show speed early and has enough class to go long. if you are looking for sires that are bred for distance you are barking up the wrong tree for the most part. most triple crown sires are usually early winning type sires.

if i had to put my money where my mouth is, i could see candy ride siring an absolute freak of nature and winning the TC

tucker6
05-31-2010, 09:24 PM
ap indy's don't mature fast enough to make the derby for the most part... and actually win it. they take some commin around.

it's either going to be IMHO birdstone, candy ride, Elusive Quality or believe it or soemthing like big brown or smarty jones. doesn't have to be a good sire just has to hit it out the park once.

sires that can show speed early and has enough class to go long. if you are looking for sires that are bred for distance you are barking up the wrong tree for the most part. most triple crown sires are usually early winning type sires.

if i had to put my money where my mouth is, i could see candy ride siring an absolute freak of nature and winning the TC
I think you're saying that you prefer the father have speed, and the mother have the stamina. If so, we agree.

RockHardTen1985
05-31-2010, 09:27 PM
If you had to choose a sire right NOW that you think could produce the next triple crown winner who would your choice be?

If i had a choice it would be ROCK HARD TEN...

I agree, I also like Giants Causeway.

smartybadger
05-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Elusive Quality. Smarty Jones, Raven's Pass, Quality Road, three quality horses. Seems to produce speed horses that can go classic distances.

toussaud
05-31-2010, 09:34 PM
I think you're saying that you prefer the father have speed, and the mother have the stamina. If so, we agree.
yepyepyep.

not only do we agree history for the most part does as well. big red got all his speed form the top and damn near all his stanima from the bottom.

exclusive native (affirmed) was a 2YO saratoga stakes winner and crafty admiral (damnsire of affirmed) was a stone cold handicap horse.

Bold REasonsing (seattle slews sire) held the 6F track record at belmont and his poker (slew's damsire) was running and winning mile and 3/8ths turf races.

tucker6
05-31-2010, 09:48 PM
yepyepyep.

not only do we agree history for the most part does as well. big red got all his speed form the top and damn near all his stanima from the bottom.

exclusive native (affirmed) was a 2YO saratoga stakes winner and crafty admiral (damnsire of affirmed) was a stone cold handicap horse.

Bold REasonsing (seattle slews sire) held the 6F track record at belmont and his poker (slew's damsire) was running and winning mile and 3/8ths turf races.
All true. I guess I like QR then, and hope he doesn't pass his feet onto his offspring.

big frank
06-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Mineshaft or Medaglia Doro ,,,, i feel with the right mare both of these have the speed @ stamina to get a champ....

horses4courses
06-01-2010, 04:43 PM
At the rate TC winners are being produced, we likely haven't laid eyes on the next sire to produce one........

Robert Fischer
06-01-2010, 04:48 PM
elusive quality is a good choice

candy ride isn't the worst choice and you may even get sadler to train it

some others to mention are smart strike and Stephen Got Even can be surprising.

Bernardini will be really interesting

tribecaagent
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Big Brown.

Stillriledup
06-01-2010, 07:57 PM
First Dude.

He's running in the Belmont, he was 2nd in the Preakness. He will become a sire and his son will win the TC.

Bump this in a half dozen years for my back pat.

kenwoodall2
06-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Victory Gallop. How about grandsires?

tucker6
06-01-2010, 08:10 PM
I like Rags To Riches as the mare. Stamina, stamina, stamina from the past TC winners.