PDA

View Full Version : Married to your local track. I am not!

Igeteven
05-31-2010, 02:01 PM
How many are you married to your local track, I see Santa Anita lovers, Hollywood Park lovers, Belmont lovers , Churchill down lovers, etc, or do you moved from track to track to place the best bet one can find.

Me personally, I move from track to track to get the best bet I can find in the best race that suits me.

How about you.

jonnielu
05-31-2010, 02:48 PM
How many are you married to your local track, I see Santa Anita lovers, Hollywood Park lovers, Belmont lovers , Churchill down lovers, etc, or do you moved from track to track to place the best bet one can find.

Me personally, I move from track to track to get the best bet I can find in the best race that suits me.

How about you.

Handicappers are generally trained in a belief that there are big differences in horses and track surfaces. So they generally stick in one place or circuit where they can cash a ticket once in awhile. I like to go to where the handicappers are most confused by their training, which is pretty much everywhere at any given time.

As long as fields are full, the astute analyst can always find entrants whose ability is either completely masked from, or mis-understood by the handicappers. No matter where you are, or what surface it is, the half decent analyst always has the same thing working for him/her that is constantly working for the trainer/horsemen.

Handicappers, as a body, have been memorizing books on handicapping for 110 years and still can not beat the percentages of the ML top four. They will always see a negative record as a bad bet, without regard to the horses ability.

jdl

46zilzal
05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
THAT affinity is quickly, very quickly, dissolving into nothingness...The East is where the epicenter of the game is.

Overlay
05-31-2010, 05:24 PM
I mix factors that are specific to the track (such as contours, distances, surfaces, and local trainers and riders) with others that have validity across a broad spectrum of locations. Sometimes the track will figure into the answer to Steve Davidowitz's famous question, "What is he doing in today's race?" Mostly, though, I think a bulk, non-track-specific approach, with just a few general distinguishing characteristics among race types is preferable.

therussmeister
05-31-2010, 10:20 PM
I bet a race at my home track today, first bet in about three years.

Cardus
05-31-2010, 10:22 PM

How about you.

So, you're a whore?