PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Lacrosse - the Womens Version

cj's dad
05-31-2010, 11:24 AM
The NCAA is in town this weekend for the annual Men's and Women's
Div. I - II & III championships. The Mens D I & 2 games were on TV Saturday,and while having never played lacrosse but understanding the game, I found both games enjoyable.

Now the bad part; after the D-II game yesterday, CBS switched to Towson University and John Unitas Stadium for the women's final. This was the 1st time I have ever seen a women's lacrosse game.

Warning - it's a train wreck; slow, penalty filled, goalies who couldn't stop a basketball, and the silliest face offs I've ever seen.

The stoppage of play is never-ending. The folks I was watching with were, like me, not used to seeing this version of lacrosse. It is completely different from the men's game.

It got to the point of being comical and difficult to stop watching. I think we only did so because the U. of Md. was involved vs. Northwestern U. and these were the #1 & #2 ranked teams in the country.

FWIW - Terps won ! yeah

PhantomOnTour
05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
In my opinion, women's sports in general are boring. Outside of tennis and volleyball (which I only watch during the Olympics) none of it appeals to me. Women's lacrosse doesn't allow the contact and checking that the men's game does, and that kinda slows it down for me.

I do enjoy the Ky Oaks, Mother Goose, Alabama, and Coaching Club though :)

rastajenk
05-31-2010, 12:12 PM
The stoppage of play is never-ending. Sounds like women's softball. After every single pitch that doesn't get put in play, the batter steps back, gets signals, adjusts wristbands and helmet, regrips, fidgets, steps in, watches pitch go by, steps back, repeat...repeat..repeat...it's unwatchable. ESPN execs must cringe when this time of year rolls around and they have to air this stuff, even more than when they have to air horse racing. :eek: