PDA

View Full Version : WHERE IS BRUCE??????

Not4Love
05-30-2010, 02:42 PM
Can anyone tell me where Uncle Bruce is? He is absent from Monmouth. This seems very strange since he won almost 50% of his races last year.

exiles
05-30-2010, 05:57 PM
Serving a suspension, Ramon Moya is listed as the trainer of all his horses.

Brogan
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Can anyone tell me where Uncle Bruce is? He is absent from Monmouth. This seems very strange since he won almost 50% of his races last year.
By ruling 08MON99 (dated 7/31/08) the Board of Stewards at Monmouth Park found trainer Bruce Levine in violation of N.J.A.C. 13:70-14A.6 and14A.9, as it was determined that following the tenth race on July 4, 2008, the horse "TRILLIAN" received a post-race positive test revealing the presence of Phenylbutazone. The Board of Stewards ordered a 15-day suspension, $500 fine and disqualified of any purse earnings. Mr. Levine appealed the Judges' decision and the matter was transmitted to the Office of Administrative Law as a contested case. On March 24, 2010, the New Jersey Racing Commission determined to adopt the Initial Decision (dated 12/18/09) of Administrative Law Judge Dennis P. Blake, which ordered that Bruce Levine be suspended for 15 days, fined $500 and forfeiture of purse earnings. Therefore, Bruce Levine will be fined $500 and his 15-day suspension will be served on May 22, 2010 through and including June 5, 2010. During the term of this suspension, Bruce Levine is denied access to all grounds under the jurisdiction of the Racing Commission for any and all purposes. Payment of the fine is due on or before June 5, 2010. The Executive Director hereby orders that the purse monies for the tenth race on July 4, 2008 be held in escrow until further notice. Related rulings: 08MON99 and 08MON100 dated 3/31/08 and 08TRN18 dated 8/6/08 BY ORDER OF THE NEW JERSEY RACING COMMISSION Frank Zanzuccki, Executive Director

lamboguy
05-30-2010, 08:00 PM
By ruling 08MON99 (dated 7/31/08) the Board of Stewards at Monmouth Park found trainer Bruce Levine in violation of N.J.A.C. 13:70-14A.6 and14A.9, as it was determined that following the tenth race on July 4, 2008, the horse "TRILLIAN" received a post-race positive test revealing the presence of Phenylbutazone. The Board of Stewards ordered a 15-day suspension, $500 fine and disqualified of any purse earnings. Mr. Levine appealed the Judges' decision and the matter was transmitted to the Office of Administrative Law as a contested case. On March 24, 2010, the New Jersey Racing Commission determined to adopt the Initial Decision (dated 12/18/09) of Administrative Law Judge Dennis P. Blake, which ordered that Bruce Levine be suspended for 15 days, fined $500 and forfeiture of purse earnings. Therefore, Bruce Levine will be fined $500 and his 15-day suspension will be served on May 22, 2010 through and including June 5, 2010. During the term of this suspension, Bruce Levine is denied access to all grounds under the jurisdiction of the Racing Commission for any and all purposes. Payment of the fine is due on or before June 5, 2010. The Executive Director hereby orders that the purse monies for the tenth race on July 4, 2008 be held in escrow until further notice. Related rulings: 08MON99 and 08MON100 dated 3/31/08 and 08TRN18 dated 8/6/08 BY ORDER OF THE NEW JERSEY RACING COMMISSION Frank Zanzuccki, Executive Directorbruce always trains with bute. in this case the bute must have stayed in the system and the horse tested positive. but nothing ilegal.

big frank
05-30-2010, 09:03 PM
bruce always trains with bute. in this case the bute must have stayed in the system and the horse tested positive. but nothing ilegal. keep on defending the ' JUICE ' guys.... oh i forgot all these guys are great trainers

Brogan
05-30-2010, 10:03 PM
bruce always trains with bute. in this case the bute must have stayed in the system and the horse tested positive. but nothing ilegal.
Not illegal?

The fine and suspension weren't penalties either.

lamboguy
05-30-2010, 10:03 PM
keep on defending the ' JUICE ' guys.... oh i forgot all these guys are great trainerspersonally i hate that type of training. this guy might lead the league in breakdowns with all that bute in them while they train. but it is allowed. i take it when you proclaim that a trainer is a juice trainer, that must mean that you know "the juice" that they are using. i beg you to please let us all in on the stuff they use and get away with.
if i had it my way, i would turn back the clocks to where it was 30 years ago when new york racing did not allow them to have lassix, clembuterol or bute. but that is not the way it is today. after the kentucky derby they interviewed todd pletcher and asked him if he was going to run in the preakness, he said that he doesn't like to run horses with only 2 weeks inbetween races, and prefers 5 weeks. there is one of the problems with the game if you are able to read between the lines.

andymays
05-30-2010, 10:09 PM
There are still guys that take an edge but not that many.

The drug testing is so sensitive now if someone farts near a horse it comes up positive.

lamboguy
05-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Not illegal?

The fine and suspension weren't penalties either.
you are not allowed to have a certain amount of content in horses blood test for bute. the horse he got fined for exceeded the legal limit. since he uses alot of bute on his horses, he probably stopped using the stuff 3 days before the race, and the horse never got rid of the bute content in his system. levine knows the rules as well as anyone, since every horse is an individual, it sounds like it takes this horse longer to pass the stuff through his body. bute is no good for the stomach to begin with, bute is asperin and asperin is no good for humans, horses get more administered than humans do.

levine deserved the fine, and the owner deserved to lose the purse. and i hate the use of bute to train horses on. i am not defending levine or anyone else, i was just trying to explain what i felt happened. i also wish that owners would take more of an interest in the sport and not just use the horse as a tool to make money and build their ego's. in my mind training horses on bute is not only wrong, but also shows disrespect for the animal. yet it is legal. i didn't make it legal,others before me did that. i know that some people are going to argue that bute is nessasary to a place like sulfolk down that allows you to use a small amount during a race. but to me if you look at the big picture, it only cheapens up the game and turns people off to it.

Not4Love
05-31-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm guessing by the end of the meet he should be back to around 40 %. Looks like all of Biancones have been "live" so far. Funny how these guys, "juice trainers" all hover around 30 - 40% and none of them are in the Hall of Fame. Ness,Auwater,Lake,Walder,Pecararo,Levine,Biancone - before he got caught. Gotta love these guys. It's the reason i spend most my time on the Harness Forum. I'm about done with this game.

Brogan
05-31-2010, 10:02 AM
I'm guessing by the end of the meet he should be back to around 40 %. Looks like all of Biancones have been "live" so far. Funny how these guys, "juice trainers" all hover around 30 - 40% and none of them are in the Hall of Fame. Ness,Auwater,Lake,Walder,Pecararo,Levine,Biancone - before he got caught. Gotta love these guys. It's the reason i spend most my time on the Harness Forum. I'm about done with this game.
It's well known that no one in the harness industry fools with illegal substances. :rolleyes:

PhantomOnTour
05-31-2010, 11:26 AM
$500 fine? That outta fix him :rolleyes:
Hell, he gets 3x that fine just by running a horse at Monmouth.
That's the equivalent of fining me 12 cents.

Stillriledup
05-31-2010, 12:04 PM
Again, cell phone training.

Why not make this guy actually transfer all his horses to estabilshed barns and not put the horses in the name of a guy who's just going to give them back when the suspension is over?

kenwoodall2
05-31-2010, 02:18 PM
I have not heard a reasonable argument why racehorses need more thasn say 20 drugs allowed total.
Keep in mind that it took 2 years to get him, and only in one race for 1 horse are things not "business as usual" Purse not lost yet!). Levine's owners or horses did not get 1 extra pound of carry weight or have to be shipped from off track.
How mant horse/owners will he lose?

Edward DeVere
05-31-2010, 02:52 PM
It's the reason i spend most my time on the Harness Forum.

Okay, I know funny, and THAT'S funny.