PDA

View Full Version : Does Bill Mahr Get Away with it ? Video

JustRalph
05-29-2010, 09:18 PM
UeDPWaLWKCc

You can do this on the left.............

Imagine if Rush Limbaugh had said it..........?

Or Ann Coulter ?

Imus must be pissed as hell.........

the last 30 seconds is the real offending part

This clip is NSFW! Lang Warning!

kenwoodall2
05-29-2010, 11:23 PM
UeDPWaLWKCc

You can do this on the left.............

Imagine if Rush Limbaugh had said it..........?

Or Ann Coulter ?

Imus must be pissed as hell.........

the last 30 seconds is the real offending part

This clip is NSFW! Lang Warning!
difference is, you can never take Maher seriously!

boxcar
05-30-2010, 12:14 AM
difference is, you can never take Maher seriously!

But you can always take the likes of a Limbaugh seriously, right?

Boxcar

bks
05-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Bill Maher, while a jerk, is not a racist, as Rush Limbaugh plainly is. Makes a difference.

ElKabong
05-30-2010, 12:26 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
05-30-2010, 01:01 AM
Bill Maher, while a jerk, is not a racist, as Rush Limbaugh plainly is. Makes a difference.

classic........ :lol:

Wow! That says it all.......... It's ok to say something blatantly racist if you are a lefty who obviously can't be racist ????.........

Trap, you have found your victim.....and it's still early....... :lol:

PhantomOnTour
05-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Maher openly admits that he hates kids...thinks they're brats.
That about says it all as far as I'm concerned. Who hates kids?

NJ Stinks
05-30-2010, 01:32 AM

I don't hate kids but I try to go on vacation when they are in school. ;)

andymays
05-30-2010, 09:11 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/29/maher_obama_not_acting_like_a_real_black_president .html

Excerpt:

HBO's Bill Maher: "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president. You know, this [BP oil spill] is where I want a real black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt where you can see the gun in his pants. That's -- (in black man voice) we've got a 'motherfu**ing problem here?' Shoot somebody in the foot."

Tom
05-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Bill Maher, while a jerk, is not a racist, as Rush Limbaugh plainly is. Makes a difference.\

Pass that joint, dude, it must be real good! :lol::lol::lol:

bks
05-30-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow, that was terrible. I posted without watching the video.

He shouldn't be able to say that. I stand corrected. Sorry.

Valuist
05-30-2010, 09:50 AM

And you know this to be true because......?????

Robert Goren
05-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Now tell the truth. Doesn't everyone secretly wish that when he meets with BP, he would pull a gun out of his pants and shoot a couple of those guys. ;)

bks
05-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Which? Limbaugh is a racist, Maher is a jerk. Is the question whether Maher is a racist too?

That joke of his was in terrible taste, and not funny to boot. He should apologize. But is this joke representative of deeply held attitudes he has towards blacks?

On the subject of Limbaugh: I know he's a racist from the things he said, in the context he's said them. That's how you make an evaluation of these things. Clearest example might be his comment to a black female caller whom he had trouble understanding:

"take that bone out of your nose and call me back".

He's also very smart. That makes him all the more problematic, as I see it.

Because he says so many things that are repugnant, it has an unintended consequence that he can't say certain things that actually have merit and get listened to by anyone other than his dittoheads.

Example: During his brief ESPN stint Limbaugh famously said about Donovan McNabb: "I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They're interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there's a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn't deserve."

This was a very interesting comment, I thought [about the media, not McNabb. The McNabb part of it was uninformed]. It did not fit the facts perfectly, but it certainly captured the attitude among some media commentators regarding the performance of black quarterbacks over the 15-20 years prior. I myself had felt this very thing, for instance.

He got fired for it, and why? It's not a racist thing to say. He wasn't making a derogatory remark about blacks or black quarterbacks in general. He was criticizing the media's bias. He got fired because you cannot criticize the media on its own biases when these biases make them look bad.

If what he said was so inaccurate, why not simply argue against what Limbaugh was saying? Why not debate the point with him? But because he had already said so many things people found distasteful and racist, this non-racist and interesting thing he said couldn't be heard for what it was. ESPN chickened out and fired him. No surprise.

jballscalls
05-30-2010, 12:02 PM
both limbaugh and maher have been racist on multiple occasions. i'm willing to bet almost everyone living in our society has said or done something in their life that can be deemed 'racist" by the politically correct machine.

i had a buddy say i was racist cause i didnt want to drive through over the rhine in cincinnati LOL

sandpit
05-30-2010, 12:04 PM

The most selfess act in the world is to choose to become a parent, since you are essentially saying "I am willing to have someone totally dependent on me."

With his moronic attitude, Maher must have had a ton of friends when he was a kid.

-Colonel Flagg: Hey, up close you are a guy!
-Klinger: Far away too.

46zilzal
05-30-2010, 12:06 PM
Mahr makes his money as a comedian...Parody is his paycheck.

boxcar
05-30-2010, 12:23 PM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2010/05/29/maher_obama_not_acting_like_a_real_black_president .html

Excerpt:

HBO's Bill Maher: "I thought when we elected a black president, we were going to get a black president. You know, this [BP oil spill] is where I want a real black president. I want him in a meeting with the BP CEOs, you know, where he lifts up his shirt where you can see the gun in his pants. That's -- (in black man voice) we've got a 'motherfu**ing problem here?' Shoot somebody in the foot."

Maher, in different words, was just essentially echoing the sentiments of who was it....Al Not-so-Sharp(ton) when during BO's campaign said that BO wasn't black enough? (I think it was Sharpton who said that.) Another Jerk and...Racist! :rolleyes:

Boxcar

boxcar
05-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Mahr makes his money as a comedian...Parody is his paycheck.

So...he's an entertainer just like Rush, right? What makes these two differ then other than Rush's paychecks are probably a lot fatter?

Boxcar

jballscalls
05-30-2010, 12:32 PM
So...he's an entertainer just like Rush, right? What makes these two differ then other than Rush's paychecks are probably a lot fatter?

Boxcar

always pains me to agree with Boxcar ;)

there is no difference, except for political affiliation and agenda. both are entertainers. Neither one is a news man or person, they are entertainers. they get paid to keep people entertained. in fact, i dont find him funny ever, but i'm sure Rush's audience gets lots of laughs from his jokes, interviews, and rants.

People like Maher and Jon Stewart use the comedy aspect and their comedy background as an excuse if you ask me. They really want to get their point and agenda across, but anytime they cross any line, they pull out the "well i'm a comedian" card and they seem to get off.

Don Imus couldnt use the comedian card cause he's never said or done anything funny, he just came across as a crotchety old man that he is. But is what Imus said worse than what Maher said in his video? not at all. the only difference I can see is that Imus made a comment about young women as opposed to a middle aged man.

GaryG
05-30-2010, 12:49 PM
He is a comedian/entertainer, yes, but consider this: The same comments are made by Jeff Foxworthy or Larry the Cable Guy. There would more righteous indignation than has ever been seen....yowzah!

boxcar
05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
always pains me to agree with Boxcar ;)

there is no difference, except for political affiliation and agenda. both are entertainers. Neither one is a news man or person, they are entertainers. they get paid to keep people entertained. in fact, i dont find him funny ever, but i'm sure Rush's audience gets lots of laughs from his jokes, interviews, and rants.

People like Maher and Jon Stewart use the comedy aspect and their comedy background as an excuse if you ask me. They really want to get their point and agenda across, but anytime they cross any line, they pull out the "well i'm a comedian" card and they seem to get off.

Don Imus couldnt use the comedian card cause he's never said or done anything funny, he just came across as a crotchety old man that he is. But is what Imus said worse than what Maher said in his video? not at all. the only difference I can see is that Imus made a comment about young women as opposed to a middle aged man.

Just remember though: Rush has more political savvy in his pinky than Maher has in his entire body. :)

Boxcar

toetoe
05-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Life must be wonderfully simple in that cavern between your ears. You should run for office. :jump: .

JustRalph
05-30-2010, 04:55 PM
Rush Limbaugh made the "Bone in your nose" comment while working as an Insult DJ in Pittsburgh.......it was a "radio bit" scripted.............

at the time he was going by the name "Jeff Christie"

Rush isn't a racist.........he is a realist.........

Btw, 46, exactly what was Mahr doing a "Parody" of when he mentioned the "black guy with the gun" when speaking of the president ?

give me an example.........

bks
05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Hey toetoe, any time you actually have something to say that has substance, I'm right here, bro.

sandpit
05-30-2010, 11:00 PM
Just remember though: Rush has more political savvy in his pinky than Maher has in his entire body. :)

Boxcar

They both think they have plenty of savvy, which is easy to do when you have a contract-sponsored soap box to stand on. It would be interesting to see how they held up if they got out of their comfort zone and ran for office.

boxcar
05-30-2010, 11:27 PM
They both think they have plenty of savvy, which is easy to do when you have a contract-sponsored soap box to stand on. It would be interesting to see how they held up if they got out of their comfort zone and ran for office.

Well, Rush must delivering something pretty good from his "soap box", otherwise both he and his contracts would go the way of liberal talk show hosts. He earned his number one slot. He is king of talk radio despite all the competition out there. If you think it's so easy, you should get into the biz and make the kind of money El Rushbo does. (I'd even custom-build you a soap box all your own.)

As far as Maher goes, if you like the foul garbage that spews forth out of his mouth like an open sewer, then I guess he's great. But for my money, anyone who has to resort to the constant use of obscenities to elicit a few chuckles here and there isn't very imaginative, creative or witty.

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
05-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Don Imus couldnt use the comedian card cause he's never said or done anything funny, he just came across as a crotchety old man that he is.

When Imus was a young man, he was hilarious. You don't have to believe me. ;)

jballscalls
05-31-2010, 12:17 AM
When Imus was a young man, he was hilarious. You don't have to believe me. ;)

one thing that is very well known is what a racist he was in his day. Robin Quivers on Stern's show has said she heard him countless times using the infamous N' word around the studios, mostly to a lady named Brenda who worked there as a secretary.

toetoe
05-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey toetoe, any time you actually have something to say that has substance, I'm right here, bro.

I misunderstood your tongue-in-cheek comment so completely because it's actually believable that an Obamunist would say it.

Please accept my apology for the grave misunderstanding. :blush: and double :blush: :blush: .

sandpit
05-31-2010, 03:08 PM
Well, Rush must delivering something pretty good from his "soap box", otherwise both he and his contracts would go the way of liberal talk show hosts. He earned his number one slot. He is king of talk radio despite all the competition out there. If you think it's so easy, you should get into the biz and make the kind of money El Rushbo does. (I'd even custom-build you a soap box all your own.)

As far as Maher goes, if you like the foul garbage that spews forth out of his mouth like an open sewer, then I guess he's great. But for my money, anyone who has to resort to the constant use of obscenities to elicit a few chuckles here and there isn't very imaginative, creative or witty.

Boxcar

Thanks, but I'm a carpenter, I can build my own soap box. :)

I think Limbaugh is doing the job he was born to do and has tapped into a great mass of people who think the same but don't have the talent to what he does. My job doesn't afford me the chance to listen to him or anybody else on the radio, but even if it did, I couldn't listen to anybody hours on end every day, that's just my nature. Maher has likewise tapped into a group that loves everything he says...personally, the guy creeps me out; he looks like a cadaver.

I wasn't saying their jobs were easy or unworthy of success. My point was that they would come under much greater scrutiny if they were running for some national office. Hopefully they both have the sense to stay in their field of expertise instead of leaving the comfort of their soapbox.

boxcar
05-31-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks, but I'm a carpenter, I can build my own soap box. :)

I think Limbaugh is doing the job he was born to do and has tapped into a great mass of people who think the same but don't have the talent to what he does. My job doesn't afford me the chance to listen to him or anybody else on the radio, but even if it did, I couldn't listen to anybody hours on end every day, that's just my nature. Maher has likewise tapped into a group that loves everything he says...personally, the guy creeps me out; he looks like a cadaver.

I wasn't saying their jobs were easy or unworthy of success. My point was that they would come under much greater scrutiny if they were running for some national office. Hopefully they both have the sense to stay in their field of expertise instead of leaving the comfort of their soapbox.

Too bad BO didn't come under such close scrutiny. I guess he got off quite lightly because he was such an unknown quantity, which is in sharp contrast with the Limbaugh-Maher situations.

Boxcar

sandpit
06-01-2010, 11:05 PM
Too bad BO didn't come under such close scrutiny. I guess he got off quite lightly because he was such an unknown quantity, which is in sharp contrast with the Limbaugh-Maher situations.

Boxcar

Agreed, a lot more scrutiny and we'd all be better off...problem was he got the ol' free pass because of the general malaise of the populus towards Bush II; now we're stuck with "be careful what you wish for" like was mentioned in another thread.

I think Americans like change at the top. If you look back in recent history, the only consistency between different admins was Reagan to Bush I, and that election might have gone differently if the Dems put up somebody that had more personality than a piece of unbuttered toast.

Too bad most people don't vote that way when electing the Senate and House, then we could get rid of most of these career pols.