PDA

View Full Version : John Mckee

Alacrity
05-29-2010, 12:27 AM
What happened to this guy? I remember some years back he was riding at Churchill and Oaklwan and had a few riding titles under his belt. Also riding in some Kentucky Derbys. And now he's riding at Turfway Park and Indiana Downs. Wasn't this guy supposed to be the next "star"?

GlenninOhio
05-29-2010, 07:45 AM
What happened to this guy? I remember some years back he was riding at Churchill and Oaklwan and had a few riding titles under his belt. Also riding in some Kentucky Derbys. And now he's riding at Turfway Park and Indiana Downs. Wasn't this guy supposed to be the next "star"?

Yes. Sad. And rode at Presque Isle last year.

I know he lost first call with Holthus at around the time Lawyer Ron was in the limelight and that was a big blow back then.

I feel he is a very talented rider and I don't really understand the dynamics of his fall from grace.

lamboguy
05-29-2010, 08:40 AM
he ws riding first call for bob holtus, he lost that job and most of his business in kentucky.

duncan04
05-30-2010, 01:00 PM
McKee was trampled when the horse he was riding broke down in the lead at Indiana Downs. He broke his leg in three places. I hear he should be out six weeks.